Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stockport County v Swindon Town FA Cup, pre match chat & match day thread  (Read 25945 times)
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 18:06:10 »

Should be safely automatics and getting 3rd round at least. When do we decide the current experiment is a failure?
Windsor Red

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 18:21:56 »

Need to bin the Black and White away kit. Bookies must have known something as they were offering very generous odds of 3/1 for Town away win (after our superb away win against a promotion contender). Ah well let’s concentrate  on the league.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 19:40:50 »

Soaking wet, just stood and watched a complete shambles in front of me.
Baudry an absolute liability today, Clearly play on deck and run at him just no longer has the speed.

Reed sitting in front of the defence with Khan playing further up the field may have been more rewarding. Jephcott and Wakeling never had any service.
Was more about how shite we were compared to how good Stockport were.

What a bump from last Saturday, time to write that off but I am genuinely concerned with that back line defensively.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 19:43:42 »

Slow, ponderous and lethargic but why? Not nice on 5 mins hearing a call for a knee brace.

« Last Edit: Sunday, November 6, 2022, 10:24:58 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 19:45:51 »

I dont think Iandolo is a left back in any way shape or form, we need a solid left back which FBT is, so yes on that one.

Clayton is a good quick CB who is good on the ball and rarely makes a mistake, so yes on that one.

Gladwin creates a lot of chances for us, hes out most creative player alongside Williams, so thats a yes on that one.

Reed is a mere shadow of the player he was last season so far this season, maybe its time he moved on as his body language just doesnt look righton the pitch.

I am happy if he stays and is used as a sub in games but hes by no means the regular starter he was last season where he was the 1st name on the teamsheet, he is no longer that.

Iandolo is not a left back.
Got caught ball watching twice today. Just couldn’t get my head around how poor we were on the ball. At times it looked like 11 v 10.
Got done in the air, at the back post, need FBT back quickly.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 23:07:50 »

Very disappointed with what sounded like a limp wet lettuce of a display. As some say at least it wasn’t in the league. I would have hoped we could put up more of a challenge than we did today. Extremely disappointing, I hope
Lindsey fires a rocket up their arses before next weekend as I will be in the hospitality!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 23:25:22 »

need FBT back quickly.
He's back. Parent club wouldn't let him play.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 23:40:12 »

He's back. Patent club wouldn't let him play.

I didn’t know he was trade marked.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 23:45:10 »

didn’t know he was trade marked.
oh ffs

though I think he's copyrighted by Gerry Anderson
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, November 6, 2022, 03:26:49 »

If Baudry was that bad perhaps there’s a case to be made in recalling Minturn from Chippenham - had a cracking game by all accounts yesterday v L1 Lincoln.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, November 6, 2022, 07:21:26 »

I was busy all yesterday. So fortunately did not see or listen to any of the game. From the phone alerts I saw we we 0-3 down in what seemed like not very long. Decided to ignore what was happening after that.

From reading back some of this it’s amazing what one result can do to the general mood.

In last weeks thread, STFC were on the march to the autos, squad full of quality, only real worry the Brynn loan situation.

Now suddenly, according to on here, Baudry literally cannot play anymore, and has become a complete liability. Reid is apparently not a good player having a poor run, but just fully shit, and should not be playing at all. Also none of our midfield do any tracking back/protecting the defence. Have I missed anything?

It must have been a truly woeful performance, sorry the the 500+, hopefully will be hardly remembered as a tiny blip on our season in a few months time.

At least the stock has risen for the 3 notable absentees, Gladwin, Clayton and FBT.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, November 6, 2022, 08:20:26 »

If Baudry was that bad perhaps there’s a case to be made in recalling Minturn from Chippenham - had a cracking game by all accounts yesterday v L1 Lincoln.
And Harry Parsons scored the winner !!.  Blank Saturday for us rd 2 day,  could do worse than watch Chippenham if drawn at home.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, November 6, 2022, 08:27:08 »

Apparently reports now saying Parsons didn’t score, Ah well, at least they won.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, November 6, 2022, 09:13:39 »

Five of the top seven went out yesterday so maybe an indication of where the priorities lie.

If after 23 games we are in the 40's for points then that would be well on track for auto's / playoffs.

A drubbing may have been on the cards given some of the defensive displays, early season in particular.
Might not turn out to be a bad thing if it focuses minds a bit more.

Anyone know how much longer MacDonald is likely to be out for?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, November 6, 2022, 09:24:15 »

Parsons didn’t score, but Minturn had a lovely run through their midfield at one point. Their loans at Chippenham do make the Banbury and Gloucester loans an odd one. I see Dabre is back now too.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: