Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Friday, October 28, 2022, 20:26:22)
Sol Brynn - 1 (2%)
Frazer Blake-Tracy (sub 20) - 1 (2%)
Tom Clayton - 17 (34.7%)
Ciaran Brennan - 10 (20.4%)
Remeao Hutton - 0 (0%)
Saidou Khan - 2 (4.1%)
Ricky Aguiar (sub 63) - 0 (0%)
Ben Gladwin - 2 (4.1%)
Ellis Iandolo - 3 (6.1%)
Jacob Wakeling - 10 (20.4%)
Jonny Williams (sub 77) - 1 (2%)
Tyrese Shade (on 20) - 0 (0%)
Ronan Darcy (on 63) - 2 (4.1%)
Luke Jephcott (on 77) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford v Swindon MoM  (Read 2735 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 20:26:22 »

Excellent point, perhaps a bit lucky but no harm in that.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 20:30:31 »

No huge standouts. Wakeling full of effort as usual and some really decent turns, but the finish wasn’t there. Moments from Gladwin and Hutton but not whole games. Going Clayton who looked assured with a new defensive partner for the third time in a month or so.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 20:31:00 »

I voted brennan, not played much at all. Solid didn't put a foot wrong, good to have some more choices in the squad
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 20:32:27 »

Clayton for me but I have to say that,in my book,Darcy's introduction was the deciding factor in getting that result
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 20:35:06 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 20:34:15 »

I voted Darcy. Looked so up for it and really tried to get the team fired up.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 21:04:22 »

I voted Brennan kept the experienced Cook very quiet
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 21:05:18 »

Only slightly perverse but I think Ciaran Brennan earned it tonight.  Beset by unsteady form, injury and only inconsistent selection, he came in to be a vital part of a key, central defensive partnership.  
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 21:12:56 »

Wakeling. Lively throughout, will be disappointed not to have scored.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 21:16:32 »

Plenty to be pleased with themselves, 2nd half especially. I thought Bradford looked pretty good, so was pleased to see we could raise our game. Gladwin’s passing range was excellent again and much of our best approach work goes through him, but I can see why he pisses off some, so pedestrian near our box, almost cost us late in the first half.

Wakeling much more on form, seems way more comfortable centrally, though would be nice if he could develop a bit more flexibility. Some of our players benefit from the 3 forwards, some not so much. Squad still feels like we really recruited for 3-5-2.

Didn’t cope with the injury to FBT first half. Didn’t notice defensively anything positionally different 2nd half, but much better without the ball after the break. (Also missed FBTs aerial presence both ends of the pitch)

Both the CBs looked good today, needed that from Brennan, Probably one of he or Clayton for MoM. I guess Baudry cannot do Sat-Tue-Sat without asking for an injury. Harries not up to it from what we have seen. Fingers crossed Brennan gets a decent run of form.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 21:41:32 »

Plenty to be pleased with themselves, 2nd half especially. I thought Bradford looked pretty good, so was pleased to see we could raise our game. Gladwin’s passing range was excellent again and much of our best approach work goes through him, but I can see why he pisses off some, so pedestrian near our box, almost cost us late in the first half.

Wakeling much more on form, seems way more comfortable centrally, though would be nice if he could develop a bit more flexibility. Some of our players benefit from the 3 forwards, some not so much. Squad still feels like we really recruited for 3-5-2.

Didn’t cope with the injury to FBT first half. Didn’t notice defensively anything positionally different 2nd half, but much better without the ball after the break. (Also missed FBTs aerial presence both ends of the pitch)

Both the CBs looked good today, needed that from Brennan, Probably one of he or Clayton for MoM. I guess Baudry cannot do Sat-Tue-Sat without asking for an injury. Harries not up to it from what we have seen. Fingers crossed Brennan gets a decent run of form.

Now we’re w bit more settled. The players have gelled a bit more.

I wonder whether the 352 will be revisited.
Front two picks itself with Wakeling and Jephcott.
Hutton has been solid and dangerous from right back, so could in theory be just as, if not more dangerous going forward a a wing back.
We’ve got plenty of CMs to pick for the three. Khan, Gladwin, Williams, Darcy, Reed, Aguiar, Iandolo.
Injuries aside we do a have few CBs to fill the three slots. Clayton, Brennan, Baudry, MacDonald, Harries, Iandolo at a push.

I guess the questions marks are who is best suited to playing LWB. Shade? Iandolo? Devine? and whether going to 3 CBs you put FBT in the CB pile or LWB pile.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 05:57:47 »

Found this difficult. Went for Clayton in the end. Relatively solid, if unspectacular game, which I guess is what you want from a CB.

Brennan was caught out of position slightly for their goal and gave away the free-kick that they nearly scored from at the death.

Wakeling not a great first half. Great turns in the second, but spurned chances to put Darcy through and should have hit the back of the net at least once. Most telling contribution was hitting the defender's arm in the penalty area!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 06:13:57 »

Went for Brennan as his performance was good on the back of very little game time.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 06:18:09 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 06:59:01 »

Now we’re w bit more settled. The players have gelled a bit more.

I wonder whether the 352 will be revisited.
Front two picks itself with Wakeling and Jephcott.
Hutton has been solid and dangerous from right back, so could in theory be just as, if not more dangerous going forward a a wing back.
We’ve got plenty of CMs to pick for the three. Khan, Gladwin, Williams, Darcy, Reed, Aguiar, Iandolo.
Injuries aside we do a have few CBs to fill the three slots. Clayton, Brennan, Baudry, MacDonald, Harries, Iandolo at a push.

I guess the questions marks are who is best suited to playing LWB. Shade? Iandolo? Devine? and whether going to 3 CBs you put FBT in the CB pile or LWB pile.

Wouldn’t be against another trial. Instinctively I would have thought FBT as the ideal left of 3. Hutton seems very happy to keep his width on the right side. Shade/Ellis on the left, unless the width is less important to us that side, then Williams in the mix as well.

2 of Gladwin/Khan/Reed/Ellis, Plus Williams/Darcy/Aguiar behind the front 2
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 07:04:56 »

really tricky one this. At least it's not because everyone was shit, but equally nobody really had a full 90 minutes of excellence.

Hutton or Clayton for me. gone with Clayton
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 07:27:03 »

Wouldn’t be against another trial. Instinctively I would have thought FBT as the ideal left of 3. Hutton seems very happy to keep his width on the right side. Shade/Ellis on the left, unless the width is less important to us that side, then Williams in the mix as well.

2 of Gladwin/Khan/Reed/Ellis, Plus Williams/Darcy/Aguiar behind the front 2
Can’t disagree with that except don’t think Aguilar is quite up to it yet.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: