Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v The Monkey Hangers Pre Match Chat & Match day Thread ‘22-‘23  (Read 13252 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 15:44:09 »

I rejoice in another 3 points.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 15:44:17 »

Most of today's attendances.....beat the piss stains again😀

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/fixtures/_/date/2021001022

So, give no fucks
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 15:46:52 »

Not a great performance. It's obvious to me why we beat the weak teams and lose to the good ones this season. I'd be very surprised to see a win at Bradford.
Good team Bradford drew 0-0 at Grimsby who we beat having despite 10 men for half an hour. One win in 5 in all comps.

I'm confident of a point at least there on Tuesday.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 15:49:36 »

Also surprised Crawley beat Mansfield.

So, give no fucks
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 15:50:07 »

Think our performance was more dictated by Hartlepools style of play. 5-4-1 even at the death and they never looked like threatening us. We aren’t pretty a lot of the time but we can grind out wins which is the sign of a pretty decent team. Into 5th can’t complain too much really
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 15:55:24 »

It’s a win, but we need to play so much faster and take one touch not three. It wasn’t entertaining at times and the atmosphere continues to suffer as a result. But up to fifth. Can’t wait to get out of this division.

Hutton, Clayton - good performances and delighted with the win, but the size of the matchday thread may give some indication that the football hasn’t been the most exciting of late. Maybe it can’t be against teams like that?
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 23, 2022, 07:10:26 by Frigby Daser » Logged
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 16:48:50 »

Probably needed to win the last two, and we did. Certainly doesn’t seem like we’ve peaked yet! Always will be an element of being brought down to their level, when poor sides come to try and not get beaten. These are the sorts of games we managed to mess up last year. Onwards  Beers
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 17:04:14 »

Whether it's down to formations or instructions. Darcy and wakeling are not having any impact on this team. Not today or last 2 homes games. Where does darcy play? Because he seems to be absolutely everywhere and almost everywhere I wouldn't want him to be.

We need to adapt formation or adapt personel to get the best out of the team.

3 points is brilliant and that's not me overlooking that. Last season we would crave these home wins.

Williams and Hutton were very good once again.

Again I think there is an over allowance of wanting to play out wide and hartlepool after the first 30 mins really closed down that option and we don't have the setup in the middle of the pitch to truly punish teams that do that. I want darcy in a number 10 role like his shirt states. Anywhere else we have better players for those positions.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 17:43:57 »

Williams and Darcy together doesn't work.

Williams drifts into Darcy's spaces. Meanwhile we have no one on the left side who wants to put a cross in.

Blake-Tracey is a neat footballer, good defensively and in the air, but he doesn't want to cross. Then with Williams continually moving into the number 10 position we run out of ideas down the left side.

I hadn't thought it conceivable before, but given Lindsay has put him on there a couple of times now, playing Iandolo wide left of the 3 behind Jephcott (with Williams at 10 and Darcy rotating with him and Gladwin as needed) starts to make sense.

Hutton has been getting in great positions consistently since coming back into the side - today he remembered how to cross and put a couple of great balls in. That was the difference between today and e.g. Stevenage where he had the same, if not better, positions but his touch failed him.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 17:58:21 by Boeta » Logged
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 17:56:36 »

Good to get another win
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 18:16:09 »

Williams and Darcy together doesn't work.

Williams drifts into Darcy's spaces. Meanwhile we have no one on the left side who wants to put a cross in.

Blake-Tracey is a neat footballer, good defensively and in the air, but he doesn't want to cross. Then with Williams continually moving into the number 10 position we run out of ideas down the left side.

I hadn't thought it conceivable before, but given Lindsay has put him on there a couple of times now, playing Iandolo wide left of the 3 behind Jephcott (with Williams at 10 and Darcy rotating with him and Gladwin as needed) starts to make sense.

Hutton has been getting in great positions consistently since coming back into the side - today he remembered how to cross and put a couple of great balls in. That was the difference between today and e.g. Stevenage where he had the same, if not better, positions but his touch failed him.

Blake Tracey comes across as the type to fill in for bauldry at cb and have ellis back at left back. Bauldry keeps having a couple of really bad moments every game but then he dealt with the big no.9 perfectly throughout.

Agree with Williams and darcy. Williams is a float around player and we can't have 2 of those in the midfield.

I'd rather Reed back in and Khan for darcy if we are sticking with formation
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 18:19:14 »

Blake Tracey comes across as the type to fill in for bauldry at cb and have ellis back at left back. Bauldry keeps having a couple of really bad moments every game but then he dealt with the big no.9 perfectly throughout.

Agree with Williams and darcy. Williams is a float around player and we can't have 2 of those in the midfield.

I'd rather Reed back in and Khan for darcy if we are sticking with formation

Blake Tracey for Baudry when we’ve already got a left footed centre back in Clayton would be bizarre
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 18:28:13 »

Blake Tracey for Baudry when we’ve already got a left footed centre back in Clayton would be bizarre

It would. But I don't think I would trust any of our sub cbs to replace bauldry if lindsey decides he needs a rest or needs to be dropped.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 19:13:24 »

I still think we're missing a predator in the box

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12727642/swindon-town-2-1-hartlepool-united-league-two-highlights
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 19:16:12 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 19:17:04 »

Deserved win against a poor Hartlepool side. With better finishing we’d have won comfortably rather than it feeling a bit tense in the later stages.
Mixed performance from the ref - let the game flow (good) and got some key decisions correct - eg Williams penalty appeal just before half time. Lack of complaints from players generally highlighted that he did ok. However, the Khan penalty decision looks wrong after seeing again, and it was ridiculous to book Iandolo for diving - I thought that was a foul, but even if not, the contact made it difficult for him to avoid going down. Also lack of action on the shirt pulling was frustrating at times.
I assume Baudry presented their No 9 with his shirt after the game, as he was always trying to get it off him.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: