Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stevenage v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread 22/23  (Read 16088 times)
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 07:47:45 »

Last week I got my first prediction in ages right in going for a 2-1 loss. Today I’m going for a 2-1 win thanks to a Jephcott double
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 07:56:47 »

Last week I got my first prediction in ages right in going for a 2-1 loss. Today I’m going for a 2-1 win thanks to a Jephcott double

I hot the score correct against Newport and dropped down a couple of places in the league😀

So, give no fucks
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 08:45:39 »

Probably the first time we’ve played Stevenage and I don’t expect us to win.
They’ve been getting results and are sitting second in the league so expect this to be a tough game.
Hoping for a win, but expecting a draw.

1-1 a Jephcott goal for us.
Club tweeted that we’d sold 885 tickets so less than last season, presumably a train strike, cost of living & no pay on the day has had an impact
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 08:56:34 »

I think that Stevenage will bully us and win by a couple of goals
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 09:14:46 »

Pre match reasons to be cheerful in The Standing Order.
Sadly the visit to Knebworth House will have to wait.
Mentioned before that the Old Town here is worth a mooch around.
The concrete jungle on the other hand, less than 70yrs old & in need of a major refurb.

So, as I understand it Messrs Black & Arbib have got their dentures back & Town fans have every right to have the gleaming pearly whites on display.

Imagine what a momentous season it would be were we to end up both clutching our CG ownership shares & gain promotion. One is more likely than the other maybe but its good to follow the development of the raw recruits into a decent team.

Tough game against high flying opponents today.
Was surprised to read that Evans did have a playing career although cut short by injury.
Let himself go a bit since then or maybe has always been err big boned.

Good manager with a decent record, only been sacked twice & it wouldn't have been easy to get the mojo back after the spell at Gillingham.
Not sure his record against us is the best though.

No amount of beer will make a chorus of "Feeling Gladders all over" seem like a good idea.
Might create some additional personal space though.

Hoping to see the Lindsey fist pumping, snarling head thrust combo in front of the away end at the end.

Plenty to feel good about in STFC world at the moment.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 11:34:50 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 10:07:04 »

Swindon have the most yellow cards in League 2 this season at 29 and 2 reds both for 2nd yellows.

Stevenage have the least amount of yellows at 18 and no red cards

Stevenage have only used 19 players in the league this season with only Barrow on 18 less, Swindon have used 22.

Stevenage have commited 131 fouls, been given 157 fouls, had 33 offsides against them, made 219 crosses and have won 155 tackles.

Swindon have commited 120 fouls, been given just 99 fouls(2nd lowest total), had 18 offsides against them, made 190 crosses and have won 105 tackles.

Stevenage have been given the 2nd most penalties in the league so far (2) and Norris has converted them both.

Remeao Hutton is 8th on the list for most crosses (54), no Stevenage player is in the top 20.

Sol Brynn is 3rd in the league for keeping clean sheets with 5 so far, Stevenages Ashby-Hammond is in 7th place with 4 clean sheets.

Sol Brynn is 2nd in the league for shots saves with 42 so far, Stevenage do not have a keeper with more than 18 saves.

Sol Brynn is 2nd in save % on 79.6% saves, no Setevenage keeper is higher than 15th (Ex Town keeper Vigs is top with 86.2%).

Swindon have a clean sheet percentage of 42% and Stevenage just 33%.

Stevenage have an xG of 2.02 and Swindon 1.6, Stevenage average goals per game is 2.25 and Swindon is 2.08.

Norris is rated as very doubtful for todays game after breaking his nose after being kicked in the face late on in Tuesdays game.

Steve Evans side currently have the longest league win streak in the top four English Divisions, winning their last nine league fixtures at The Lamex Stadium.

Scott Oldham has been appointed as Match Referee for tomorrow’s fixture with Stephen Brown and Samuel Ogles as Assistants alongside Greg Rollason as Fourth Official.

Mr Oldham has reffed 9 games this season dishing out 25 yellows and no red cards and has given 1 penalty so far, his games split evenly between L1 and L2.

In his 90 games as a ref he has dished out 245 yellows, 6 reds and 20 penalties.

Orient and Carlisle have both suffered just 1 defeat all season but Swindon and Stevenage are tied next with 2 defeats each.

Stevenage are 4th for least goals conceded with 10 and Swindon are 9th with 11 conceded.

Stevenage have had 4 susbstitutes come on this season and score, Swindon have had this just once, Wakeling.

Stevenage have 3 players who have played every minute of every game so far Vancooten, Ashby Hammond and Sweeney.

Swindon have Sol Brynn and Ben Gladwin.

Swindon have sold 885 tickets for todays game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 10:26:29 »

Swindon have the most yellow cards in League 2 this season at 29 and 2 reds both for 2nd yellows.

Stevenage have the least amount of yellows at 18 and no red cards

Stevenage have only used 19 players in the league this season with only Barrow on 18 less, Swindon have used 22.

Stevenage have commited 131 fouls, been given 157 fouls, had 33 offsides against them, made 219 crosses and have won 155 tackles.

Swindon have commited 120 fouls, been given just 99 fouls(2nd lowest total), had 18 offsides against them, made 190 crosses and have won 105 tackles.

Stevenage have been given the 2nd most penalties in the league so far (2) and Norris has converted them both.

Remeao Hutton is 8th on the list for most crosses (54), no Stevenage player is in the top 20.

Sol Brynn is 3rd in the league for keeping clean sheets with 5 so far, Stevenages Ashby-Hammond is in 7th place with 4 clean sheets.

Sol Brynn is 2nd in the league for shots saves with 42 so far, Stevenage do not have a keeper with more than 18 saves.

Sol Brynn is 2nd in save % on 79.6% saves, no Setevenage keeper is higher than 15th (Ex Town keeper Vigs is top with 86.2%).

Swindon have a clean sheet percentage of 42% and Stevenage just 33%.

Stevenage have an xG of 2.02 and Swindon 1.6, Stevenage average goals per game is 2.25 and Swindon is 2.08.

Norris is rated as very doubtful for todays game after breaking his nose after being kicked in the face late on in Tuesdays game.

Steve Evans side currently have the longest league win streak in the top four English Divisions, winning their last nine league fixtures at The Lamex Stadium.

Scott Oldham has been appointed as Match Referee for tomorrow’s fixture with Stephen Brown and Samuel Ogles as Assistants alongside Greg Rollason as Fourth Official.

Mr Oldham has reffed 9 games this season dishing out 25 yellows and no red cards and has given 1 penalty so far, his games split evenly between L1 and L2.

In his 90 games as a ref he has dished out 245 yellows, 6 reds and 20 penalties.

Orient and Carlisle have both suffered just 1 defeat all season but Swindon and Stevenage are tied next with 2 defeats each.

Stevenage are 4th for least goals conceded with 10 and Swindon are 9th with 11 conceded.

Stevenage have had 4 susbstitutes come on this season and score, Swindon have had this just once, Wakeling.

Stevenage have 3 players who have played every minute of every game so far Vancooten, Ashby Hammond and Sweeney.

Swindon have Sol Brynn and Ben Gladwin.

Swindon have sold 885 tickets for todays game.

Great work on the stats. Are you Sandro in disguise?! 
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 10:54:06 »

PV is Statto!
PJ's & dressing gown in deepest darkest Somerset.

Great work.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 11:24:06 »

Great work as always WB and PV aka Statto😉.... We're in the Chequers, just off the A602 going into Stevenage, lovely boozer/restaurant. Stroll down the road and under the East Coast train line and you're right in the middle of the countryside (that's how it feels at least)... Got a good feeling about today👍
Peter Venkman

« Reply #39 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 12:38:11 »

adje

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 12:38:25 »

Great journey lovely day nice pint. Bring it on! And the team I hoped for

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman

« Reply #41 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 12:39:33 »

I think Lindsey must read the TEF Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 12:42:19 »

Unthinkable last season. Inevitable this.

Can’t put my finger on what’s happened to his game.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 12:44:37 »

Unthinkable last season. Inevitable this.

Can’t put my finger on what’s happened to his game.
Hes very much a confidence player, his confidence seems pretty low so far, he lost his passing buddy Conroy in the Summer and also his best mates Payne and McKirdy.

He blatantly still has it but it could be best for all if he moved on if its just not working for him.

If hes happy then he would start every game but he just doesnt seem happy this season so far.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #44 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 12:46:00 »

Norris not recovered enough from his broken nose to be in the squad today.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: