Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stevenage v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread 22/23  (Read 16065 times)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 15:38:52 »

Well that was crap-0 shots on target with 70% possession tells the story

When will we learn as a club that you can’t get out of this league without some physical presence- Khan aside we had none of this today. Filling the side with flair players on its own won’t get us out of league 2

I don't think its so much having big physical players but having someone who knows how to put the ball in the fucking net would be nice.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 15:38:58 »

What the f**k do they work on the training ground as they knew that Stevenage would be strong, dirty and would bully us.

So, give no fucks
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 15:39:53 »

Don’t think we need to worry too much about this one. Avoidably conceded early, that set the tone.

Unfortunate that the referee missed the hand ball/penalty (red as well?) Second on the break, individual errors, Hutton has been decent of late, and Gladwin arguably player of the season so far. Meh.

One of those didn’t quite happen days. Didn’t weather the storm, didn’t score when we were on top, didn’t get the rub, couldn’t nullify their known threats. They were bigger, and stronger. I don’t buy the ‘wanted it more’ line, just had the physical merit to win the battles.

Thought Khan was pretty good. I think there are now about 15/16 players in the squad that I am happy to see starting. Much better outlook then a few weeks ago.

We should just move on.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #198 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 15:40:03 »

Sorry guys I do disagree.
That was a pathetic performance. Made Stevenage look good and they're not that good a side
They arent a good side you are right but they bully teams and have a gameplan that we struggled to cope with, they were bigger stronger and faster than us all over the pitch.

We have always struggled against sides like this in the past, Newport, Northampton, Lincoln, Salford and many others in recent years. They let us have the ball as we don't create enough good chances and hit us on the break or with set pieces which we have always struggled to defend.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #199 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 15:42:03 »

Don’t think we need to worry too much about this one. Avoidably conceded early, that set the tone.

Unfortunate that the referee missed the hand ball/penalty (red as well?) Second on the break, individual errors, Hutton has been decent of late, and Gladwin arguably player of the season so far. Meh.

One of those didn’t quite happen days. Didn’t weather the storm, didn’t score when we were on top, didn’t get the rub, couldn’t nullify their known threats. They were bigger, and stronger. I don’t buy the ‘wanted it more’ line, just had the physical merit to win the battles.

Thought Khan was pretty good. I think there are now about 15/16 players in the squad that I am happy to see starting. Much better outlook then a few weeks ago.

We should just move on.
Yeah I feel pretty much the same mate.

Many fans cant seem to see that Stevenage although not a good side are a fucking effective side and you don't win 14 games out of the first 17 without having something.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 15:43:04 »

LINDSEY OUT!

We can’t sit here and claim Stevenage aren’t a good side.
They are top ffs. They are clearly a good side. A pretty side? A good footballing side? Very debatable but a good side? Absolutely because they are winning games.

This last week for me has summed up exactly where our team is. We aren’t as good as the top teams (Stevenage, Northampton) but probably better than a lot of the rest. Which isn’t too dissimilar to how we ended up last season…
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 15:44:15 »

Quote from: welshred
I don't think its so much having big physical players but having someone who knows how to put the ball in the fucking net would be nice.

We have one.

We can't create the chances for him
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 15:45:14 »

LINDSEY OUT]

This last week for me has summed up exactly where our team is. We aren’t as good as the top teams (Stevenage, Northampton) but probably better than a lot of the rest. Which isn’t too dissimilar to how we ended up last season…
Indeed.

But we don't have the wildcard to win us games we would otherwise struggle to win.

Can we compensate for that? Maybe
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 15:48:31 »

There is certainly a concern that we're a team who get quite a lot of crosses in and our best header of the ball plays at left back.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 15:49:45 »

There is certainly a concern that we're a team who get quite a lot of crosses in and our best header of the ball plays at left back.

WWAKD?
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 16:13:52 »

How was Darcy? Grant said he was the pick of our lot.
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 16:14:12 »

We should just move on.

This is a good summing up. Expected it to be just like that but hoped we’d score first to change the dynamic. Stevenage are extremely good at what they do and yes, perhaps we should have prepared better but I’m ok with writing it off. We are well in touch, we have a decent squad that I think will be strengthened in January- long way to go.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 16:21:01 »

This is a good summing up. Expected it to be just like that but hoped we’d score first to change the dynamic. Stevenage are extremely good at what they do and yes, perhaps we should have prepared better but I’m ok with writing it off. We are well in touch, we have a decent squad that I think will be strengthened in January- long way to go.

I disagree, what move on and accept that no shots on target is acceptable. What happens when we play another team who are just as physical do we just accept defeat and move on again. Lindsey has all week preparing for the game but sometimes pretty possession football isn't appropriate in league 2 and you need to fight fire with fire. We need to adapt to the opposition otherwise the season has mid table written all over it.

So, give no fucks
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 16:44:17 »

I disagree, what move on and accept that no shots on target is acceptable. What happens when we play another team who are just as physical do we just accept defeat and move on again. Lindsey has all week preparing for the game but sometimes pretty possession football isn't appropriate in league 2 and you need to fight fire with fire. We need to adapt to the opposition otherwise the season has mid table written all over it.

Fully agree...same stubborness of garner that stopped us getting promoted last season.

ewsham Robin
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 16:52:42 »

Spot on Clap

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: