Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Northampton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 22007 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, October 2, 2022, 18:03:21 »

We tried to play football and largely succeeded. We lost a game that was on paper as tight as a gnats chuff. Northampton were a physical side and used it when they needed to. On another day we could have scored more and made a better fist of it. Did we deserve to lose? No. Did they deserve to win? No but that’s not how it works is it? Thought the ref was below par overall. Walked away feeling deflated but hey, there’s another chance to bounce back on Tuesday. What fucked me off is the feeling that in May we could be looking back on games like this and think what if. I hope we don’t but supporting Swindon is a cruel mistress at times.

I’m adamant that the cheque book will come out in January so all Lyndsey has to do is keep us in touch with the top three into the new year. Got 30/1 and a 1/4 on an EW bet for promotion before the Cobblers, I’ll take the 1/4 odds on a place today if offered.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, October 2, 2022, 18:42:25 »

Quote from: RobertT
I had no issue with Reed being taken off, he was all but asking to be sent off.  However, Iandolo isn't fit, is he?  he was so far off the pace of what was a slow game in the first place.

nowhere near match fit imo.

not really a surprise given her missed all of preseason, and has only played a bit of pizza cup and a sub appearance.

still, I guess they see him in training more
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, October 2, 2022, 19:46:59 »

nowhere near match fit imo.

not really a surprise given her missed all of preseason, and has only played a bit of pizza cup and a sub appearance.

still, I guess they see him in training more

Fit yes, otherwise he wouldn’t have been in the squad. Match fit? Probably not. In order to get him match fit he has to play matches, a conundrum for sure. How would you deal with that?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Monday, October 3, 2022, 08:30:16 »

Havent read back.

2 and a bit hours to get in from Calne on the bus...all he planets aligned.

Cobblers are a good side, organised, hard working and attack with purpose.

Dunno about the free kick that led to the first goal but they skied a sitter before that.

Shame really as they were creaking just after we scored. That was a nice goal too.

When we went a goal down we seemed to up the tempo and skip the needless extra three passes...too fucking late. This is Divvy 4 football and we dont need to knock it about 30 times, just to lose it.

I left disappointed but not gutted.

Lets see what we dish up v the Taffs.

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Monday, October 3, 2022, 08:35:34 »

I haven't found yesterday's "rate the ref" thread - but i thought first half he did ok in trying to let the game flow, but after half time he became inconsistent in his calls (not booking their man for a foul on Williams shortly after the Reed booking being the obvious example), and he was shocking in his approach to the usual time wasting from Northampton.
5 out of 10. 

He missed a Pen to them for sure.

His downfall was that he booked the back tackles but didnt deal with the constant trips and pushes to break up play (we do it too at times of course) Cobblers did that expertly, have to speak to the Captain and state, 'next one, goes in the book'. He did fuck all.

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, October 3, 2022, 08:36:56 »

How badly injured was MacDonald after he fell heavily on his arm towards the end of the day? Looked potentially a bad one.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Monday, October 3, 2022, 08:55:15 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge
How would you deal with that?

it's a bit of a quandary isn't it

given the lack of reserve games I'd say ease him back in when things aren't so tight.

but yeah, does that ever happen?

there's also the issue be was the best man for the job in the bench, on paper.  Had khan been available it would have been different.

I'm not blaming him for defeat by the way.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: