Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Northampton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 22114 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 15:44:50 »

Disappointing but not devastating. Northampton look a good side, put Hoskins back in there and they'll be in the autos conversation for sure. Subs maybe weren't the best, but I can see the logic with a game on Tuesday, just didn't pay off. Just need to win that one now.

I Didn't see or hear the game so were they well organised without any stand out individuals?

So, give no fucks
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 15:45:56 »

Jephcott didn’t do anywhere near enough today. Doesn’t really hold the ball up, not particularly quick either. Maybe drop him and out wakeling in the middle and shade out right b
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 15:46:30 »

We won’t finish above Northampton this season & I don’t think many teams will either.

Don’t think we need to be slashing our wrists over a defeat against one of the better sides
adje

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 15:46:47 »

Subs maybe weren't the best, but I can see the logic with a game on Tuesday, just didn't pay off
Fair enough,but you make those sort of changes when the points are in the bag surely? Don't see it as a reason otherwise,personally

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 15:46:49 »

I Didn't see or hear the game so were they well organised without any stand out individuals?

Koiki looked good when he was on, Bowie had 15 minutes or so where he looked like Messi but didn't do much outside of that period, Pinnock the second goalscorer was bright. Hylton was a handful - if you have a squad where you can have your leading goalscorer out and still put Danny Hylton on the bench, then you'll be more than competitive in this league.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 15:48:37 »

Koiki looked good when he was on, Bowie had 15 minutes or so where he looked like Messi but didn't do much outside of that period, Pinnock the second goalscorer was bright. Hylton was a handful - if you have a squad where you can have your leading goalscorer out and still put Danny Hylton on the bench, then you'll be more than competitive in this league.

Fair points, thanks tor the review.

So, give no fucks
adje

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 15:49:09 »

Only listened to commentary but I don't remember hearing Darcy mentioned second half. How did he play?

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 15:50:19 »

Shit defending
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 15:50:50 »

Only listened to commentary but I don't remember hearing Darcy mentioned second half. How did he play?

Linked up nicely with Williams/FBT/Gladwin in those triangles down our left hand side. Didn't do much off the ball that I remember, good or bad, I can see that he wouldn't have got many mentions. 
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 15:51:06 »

Darcy was ok, quite involved in the final third but like the rest of the team couldn’t do anything to unlock their defence.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 16:06:26 »

Cheers

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 16:27:22 »

result aside..

Positives are we completed well against a strong and well organised opposition, albeit with a player or two missing.

negatives are we didn't create much at all, and got unpicked by silly goals. Jephcott was isolated on his own up top.

didn't really enjoy the game. it was largely dull until the first goal. That's not to say there was any lack of effort from us. Just the way the game played out
----
Both Clayton (hamstring) and jephcott (groin) were withdrawn, and MacDonald looks to have fucked his arm/shoulder. But of a worry for Tuesday if you factor in Gladders/Williams not being used much for two games in a week (though that was last year)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 17:23:32 »

Jephcott didn’t do anywhere near enough today. Doesn’t really hold the ball up, not particularly quick either. Maybe drop him and out wakeling in the middle and shade out right b

Wasn’t how I saw it. I thought Jephcott worked hard, but didn’t get the service. He still provides a focal point, and draws defenders towards him, giving space down the sides. Disappointing yes - we didn’t quite click today, but we weren’t awful either. Strangely, I feel better five times over after that, than after Gillingham. Northampton were well organised, strong and will do well. So might we, let’s get back on it on Tuesday.  
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 17:36:40 »

Me too, and you’ll be happy to hear I’m predicting a 2-1 defeat

Shit
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, October 1, 2022, 17:41:40 »

Missed the extra physicality of Khan today.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: