Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Friday, September 16, 2022, 20:28:38)
Sol Brynn - 4 (6.3%)
Marcel Lavinier (sub 81) - 1 (1.6%)
Tom Clayton - 0 (0%)
Angus MacDonald - 4 (6.3%)
Frazer Blake-Tracy - 0 (0%)
Louis Reed (sub 93) - 0 (0%)
Ronan Darcy (sub 60) - 1 (1.6%)
Ben Gladwin - 16 (25%)
Jonny Williams - 33 (51.6%)
Luke Jephcott (sub 60) - 0 (0%)
Tyrese Shade - 3 (4.7%)
Jacob Wakeling (on 60) - 2 (3.1%)
Saidou Khan (on 60) - 0 (0%)
Remeao Hutton (on 81) - 0 (0%)
Mathieu Baudry (on 93) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 63

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon 3-2 Sutton United MoM Thread  (Read 4290 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 20:39:55 »

So Gladders and Williams CAN play together then.

The issue is not them being together when we are on the ball, it is what they don't offer when defending.  Last night being a good example - we could easily have conceded 5 goals when you review the chances we gave up.  What did they have to do with that?

They do not offer protection and have limited legs - Williams tends to be a player that can run about, but does it more so when on the ball.  Last night Williams offered next to no support for our Right Back and Gladwin is OK when someone is near him but doesn't really follow runs.  It means we already have two less players being helpful when defending.  I'd still prefer one or the other to play and rotate them to have them both at their best.  You can have both when chasing a game.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, September 15, 2022, 07:13:16 »

Khan was solid as usual when he came on, we looked much better defensively with Wakeling as well.

ust be the oldest
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, September 15, 2022, 07:24:30 »

They do not offer protection and have limited legs - Williams tends to be a player that can run about, but does it more so when on the ball.  Last night Williams offered next to no support for our Right Back and Gladwin is OK when someone is near him but doesn't really follow runs.

I think you're right from open play, but worth mentioning that I think Gladwin is one of our best defenders from set plays. It's not a competitive field, mind.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: