Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers v Swindon Town pre match chat and match day thread 22/23  (Read 16704 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 09:16:39 »

Wasn’t it one of the kitmen’s birthday yesterday?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 09:20:16 »

Wasn’t it one of the kitmen’s birthday yesterday?

Yeah. Probably went for a drink in Rovrum to avoid attention (although they were wearing club sportswear) but got 'caught' out. Don't really have a problem with it myself, I don't think Clayton will play badly if his kit isn't properly folded or whatever.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 09:21:03 »

If they were being sneaky they’d hardly wear their kit.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 09:22:06 »

Yeah. Probably went for a drink in Rovrum to avoid attention (although they were wearing club sportswear) but got 'caught' out. Don't really have a problem with it myself, I don't think Clayton will play badly if his kit isn't properly folded or whatever.

Nice one that CREASED me up.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 09:28:51 »

If they were being sneaky they’d hardly wear their kit.

If they were, they aren't the sharpest tools in the box. They probably have friends in Rovrum and wanted to catch up. All something and nothing really.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 09:43:51 »

Nice one that CREASED me up.
So long as they can iron out the issues at the back.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 09:45:59 »

So long as they can iron out the issues at the back.

Hopefully they'll be adopting a hard press today.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 09:47:11 »

I’d suggest the coaches and kit men and the like can get away with doing their job after a ‘late’ night and a ‘few’ drinks.

If it was the players, different story
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 09:56:38 »

0-0 in front of 6,189 with 605 Swindonians there.

Khan MotM.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 10:15:08 »

A score draw. Which will be decent

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 10:23:49 »

I’m feeling bullish about our chance today. I dint think Lindsey is the man for the job but hope to be proved wrong.

Garner has Covid.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 10:42:35 »

Quote from: tans
Its just a photo of them in the street, cant see whats wrong with it to be honest

That Callum boy deleted his tweet. After tagging the FA. For some coaches, walking down the street.

I guess he's young and doesn't like Lindsey, but even so..
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 10:48:48 »

Town have only once ever won at Doncaster a 2-1 win in 2015 when Michael Smith and Jon Obika scored, we have had 5 draws and 7 defeats scoring just 9 goals in the 13 games but conceding 19. Its never been a very happy hunting ground for Swindon.

We managed to avoid Donny from 1967 to 1982 and then from 1986 to 2006 when we were in higher divisions than they were as they languished near the basement in Div 4/L2 mostly during those years.

They are managed by Gary McSheffrey who made 4 appearances against Town winning 3 times and drawing once, he was on the bench for Grimsby but never played in the only game he was involved in that Town won.

His record managing Doncaster so far is P38 W10 D8 L20 so a win% of 26.3% and a loss% of 52.6%.

Many fans have lost confidence in GMcS and are frustrated by their performances and think its time for a change despite sitting in 7th place in the league with 4 wins and 2 defeats from their 10 games so far, they have scored 10 and conceded 10 times.

They have lost their last 2 games - a 2-0 loss at Barrow where apparently they were awful and could have lost by 5 goals and only had 1 shot on target vs 8 for Barrow who has 23 shots against them even though Donny had 62% of the possession its about goals.

Their previoust defeat was a 3-1 loss at home to divisional local rivals Mansfield, they havent scored a goal from open play in the last 300 minutes with both the goals in that time being penalties, 5 of their goals have come in the last 2 mins of games too.

From the highlights I have seen a lot of their play revolves around the ageing Lee Tomlin a player who has had a decent career with 100 goals in 500 games for clubs like Shitty(£1.5m), Posh(£1.7m), Cardiff(£3m), Middlesborough(£4m), Forest and Bournemouth(£3.5m). He has chubbed up a bit (he was never skinny though) and likes to control midfield and has little pace but still an eye for a pass and shot, keep him quiet as Barrow did and I think we could win it.

Tomlin has played against Swindon 3 times with varying success, scoring 1 goal, been sent off once and having won 1, drawn 1 and lost 1 in his 3 games all played for Posh.

On paper Donny have a decent squad for this level with many experienced players like ex Town defender Kyle Knoyle.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 11:43:18 »

Knoyle to score, Jephcott to equalise,Tomlin to be "redded" and Town to struggle to break down 10 men.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 11:43:26 »

Feeling positive today. Embrace the chaos. Obviously I'd like us to be brilliant and win every week but if we can't do that we might as well be fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: