Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Piss Pot Trophy v Crystal Palace  (Read 9147 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2022, 08:55:31 »

I would take Williams over Gladwin 90% of the time, he offers far more and Gladwin goes missing, I would play Williams and Darcy in the middle.

(this doesn't happen a lot but) I'm in disagreement with you JJ. I think Gladwin personally in the final third offers more and I think Williams goes missing. As long as you keep Gladwin away from his own half where he has a tendency to give the ball away you have a real matchwinner there and he's started this season very well. I think it's fair to say both players on their days have it in them to be exceptional, or appalling and both also have been guilty of inconsistency.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2022, 08:55:50 »

To leave Williams out would be an error I think. For me,he's simply the best player we have

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2022, 09:03:06 »

We seem to have 7-8 really good players in this squad. The issue (so far) is that they're all central midfielders. God knows how you fit them in a team!

This is where fans and manager differ with their opinion. Listening to Lindsey on the radio pre-match Palace he said he was really happy with the squad assembled so have to assume he thinks we have 20+ really good players!

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2022, 09:04:49 »

(this doesn't happen a lot but) I'm in disagreement with you JJ. I think Gladwin personally in the final third offers more and I think Williams goes missing. As long as you keep Gladwin away from his own half where he has a tendency to give the ball away you have a real matchwinner there and he's started this season very well. I think it's fair to say both players on their days have it in them to be exceptional, or appalling and both also have been guilty of inconsistency.
Absolutely I can see your point mate but for me Williams offers more, one we will have to disagree on Smiley

Gladwin in our half is a liability, going forwards he offers more but is still like watching a player running through a mudbath, Williams tracks back more, as he did on Saturday and won a fair few tackles in our half and also created far more.

Its good to have options but for whatever reason Williams and Gladwin just don't seem to work well int he same team, it could be that they are both "all or nothing" in style, when they go missing they may as well not be there but on their day both can be as good as any, so if they are both off form in the same game then we can be down to essentially 9 players, at least for me though Williams puts in more effort, or appears to.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2022, 09:06:44 »

To leave Williams out would be an error I think. For me,he's simply the best player we have

yeah i've seen you mention that before Adje, I simply can't agree. Maybe i'm mesmerised by the way Gladders glides over the surface, or maybe my bias is clouded by the fact I think Williams plays for fouls too much. Either way I don't think he's the best player we have, useful squad player for sure, first name on the team sheet, sorry not for me.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman

« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2022, 09:14:05 »

yeah i've seen you mention that before Adje, I simply can't agree. Maybe i'm mesmerised by the way Gladders glides over the surface, or maybe my bias is clouded by the fact I think Williams plays for fouls too much. Either way I don't think he's the best player we have, useful squad player for sure, first name on the team sheet, sorry not for me.
Its really weird how 2 players in Gladwin and Williams can totally polarize opinions.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2022, 09:17:53 »

Its really weird how 2 players in Gladwin and Williams can totally polarize opinions.

that's the beauty of a lower league footballer isn't it, as well as the musings of one football supporter to another. Smiley Opinions, as we know, just like erseholes.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2022, 09:20:04 »

that's the beauty of a lower league footballer isn't it, as well as the musings of one football supporter to another. Smiley Opinions, as we know, just like erseholes.
Unless like some posters who appear to have colostomy bags Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: