Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Friday, September 2, 2022, 19:37:29)
Lewis Ward - 0 (0%)
Ciaran Brennan (off 80) - 0 (0%)
Mathieu Baudry - 0 (0%)
Cian Harries - 0 (0%)
Remeao Hutton (off 80) - 0 (0%)
Mo Dabre - 0 (0%)
Harrison Minturn - 0 (0%)
Ricky Aguiar - 1 (3.7%)
Ronan Darcy (off 61) - 13 (48.1%)
Abu Kanu (off 57) - 1 (3.7%)
Tyrese Shade (off 61) - 7 (25.9%)
Tom Wynn-Davis (on 57) - 4 (14.8%)
Anton Dworzak (on 61) - 0 (0%)
George Cowmeadow (on 61) - 1 (3.7%)
Harvey Fox (on 80) - 0 (0%)
Sonny Hart (on 80) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon 0-2 Crystal Palace U21 MoM Thread  (Read 1734 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 30, 2022, 19:37:29 »

Well, we were the better team for an hour, a whole bunch of academy players got debuts, and there's little to no risk of us qualifying for the latter stages. Who stood out for you?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2022, 19:38:23 »

Darcy and Shade looked the best players on the pitch when they were. Minturn did well in an unfamiliar position. Not sure any of the centre backs or Ward advanced their case for a start at the weekend.

Darcy MoM.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2022, 19:43:47 »

Shade and Darcy both very good but went for Aguiar who had a good solid game,decent crosses and free kick that the keeper did well with
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2022, 19:46:56 »

Shade for me but very closely followed by Darcy.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2022, 20:06:59 »

If i had given it at HT, it would be Shade.  Darcy did more in the 2nd after a solid 1st so edged it just for me.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2022, 20:40:55 »

Gave it to Shade, he looked far more interested in trying to create something and skilful with it.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2022, 07:47:28 »

Darcy from Shade, both head and shoulders better than anyone else understandably.

Of the youth players I liked the look of PaulD's kid. Has a lovely touch and I think did things more effectively in his time on the pitch than Kanu. Minturn loves a crunching challenge doesn't he!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2022, 07:54:42 »

Things I didn't expect after 8 games: Tom Wynn-Davis now has more season MoM votes than Louis Reed, Angus MacDonald and Tomi Adeloye.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2022, 07:58:05 »

Quite an enjoyable performance until the first goal.
Darcy for me. Should be a starter in midfield very soon based on that.
Shade also impressed in a roving role across the front.
Both will be hoping not to feature in the next tie.

Hutton, I like. Looks good going forward and got some decent crosses in. Just needs somebody to aim at.

Minturn did ok as well.
Dabre could do with a loan spell but needs to settle into a preferred position, if he has one!

Aguiar has more to give. Needs games probably, so a loan move to the NL might be better than appearances off the bench at this stage.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2022, 08:10:26 »

Hutton, I like. Looks good going forward and got some decent crosses in. Just needs somebody to aim at.

Minturn did ok as well.
Dabre could do with a loan spell but needs to settle into a preferred position, if he has one!

Aguiar has more to give. Needs games probably, so a loan move to the NL might be better than appearances off the bench at this stage.

Hutton got better and does have a good delivery into the box. Unfortunately when you only have someone with the height of yoda in the box it's often going to be fruitless.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2022, 08:23:12 »

Minturn did ok as well.

Pretty much how I saw it too, Darcy and Shade were easily the best players.

Hutton is a winger and not a wingback.

Shade looked better as a roaming striker rather than a wingback or winger.

Minturn put in many good tackles and passed the ball short to a Town player 95% of the time and looked comfortable in a strange position for him. Could fill in there if needed for a more defensive formation as he often stepped back and filled in as an extra CB at times too.

Dabre is a livewire but with little positional sense but the occassional glimpse of skill, needs National South game time.

Aguiar needs game time, he had some good touches but often looked lost and out of position, he disappointed me as I thought he would grab the game by the scruff of the neck but he never did, took one good free kick tho but needs game time to gain his confidence back at National league level probably.

I thought we totally controlled the game for 65 mins and should have won with ease after hitting the post 3 times but taking off Shade and Darcy put paid to any thoughts of us winning it, but we played some very good football at times.

Wards kicking was very poor most of the game and maybe it is time he moved on so he can get a starting berth at another club, hes at an age where he needs games and he won't ever displace Brynn at the club and looks a far weaker keeper over all than Brynn, hes a decent back up but he needs to be more than a back up at his age.

Baudry, Harries and Brennan all looked very good at times and very poor at others, Brennan probably the pick of the 3 for consistancy and made fewer errors than the other 2 did.

With the host of subs though the game petered out, one bright spark was Tom Wynn-Davis who looked very eager when he came on and on that showing should have started in front of kanu who looked lost in an unfamiliar forward role whereas he normally plays as a midfielder, and at times that showed as he made a few runs and was in a very offside position often which slowed the attacks down.

I quite enjoyed the game for the first 70 mins though and I thought Palace looked really poor until they made an array of subs late on.

The game did exactly what we required of it, we gave game time to the fringe players and kids, all good experience.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2022, 09:14:55 »

Shade for me, but Darcy very close.

ust be the oldest
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: