Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Leyton Orient pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 19862 times)
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 22:28:53 »

Can we please get a grip.

10 new players who need time to gel. The training ground is match day. Things take time.

We’ve played the top two teams with regard to budget. One with 10 men and didn’t get beaten by either.
We still have time to buy; despite what the official line is.
We have the loan options available.

Get in a strong, big forward who can hold up the ball in the mould of previous holders of that role and it will a different kettle of fish.

Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 22:37:29 »

One final point as i never say this - thought the ref was brilliant  Eek
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 22:40:00 »

On the last one, if he is actually shit, maybe try Gladwin, as much as I don't want to type that.  It's clear his real impact to this team is getting the ball near the box.

I think I was joking when I suggested that earlier. However he may actually be the best available man for the job right now. Eek
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 22:54:34 »

Can we please get a grip.

Everyone seems to firmly have said grip.

Another one that struggles with valid criticism and comments and needs a constant rosy picture painted?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 23:14:34 »

Happy with the point.
A win on Saturday and it's a decent return for the week.

There were worse performances at home than that last season.
Clearly there are issues though.
In mitigation that was the first time the defence had played together & it looked it at times.

Easy to forget that only 4, maybe 5 (if including Baudry) regular starters from last season are still featuring.
The team does lack an identity at the moment & finding a focal point for the attack should be a priority.
If the team isn't going to be built around Reed then the fear is that he is largely going to be wasted in games.

Hopefully it doesn't become a case of chopping & changing in order to find the best starting 11. SL needs to have a clear idea on this.

The season could be a slow burner but a win on Saturday will propel us into mid table.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 23:16:00 »

only watched the first half on ifollow.

we looked to lose the midfield battle, and the full backs did not defend well.

so delighted to read we did a bit better second half, and under the circumstances a point is a good point against a team flying at the start of the season.

I do get where the 'what's our style' comments are coming from though. let's hope we are edging towards it.

right, Montana's and unlimited ribs time with a few beers to wash it down
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 23:42:41 »

Everyone seems to firmly have said grip.

Another one that struggles with valid criticism and comments and needs a constant rosy picture painted?

Another one that struggles with valid positivity and needs a constant shitty picture painted?

Two sides of the same coin
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2022, 01:41:39 »

For what it’s worth another fantastic evening attendance. 1,612 more than the Pox a division above.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 17, 2022, 02:15:52 by sir windon » Logged
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2022, 04:43:41 »

Every game we are improving, little by little. I think Salford and orient will be up there come the end of the season. Khan's forward surge for the goal was lovely.
It's slowly getting there.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2022, 05:35:33 »

Never, ever thought I’d say this, but . . .

. . . Get Mark Cooper back in cahoots with Lindsey
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2022, 06:16:09 »

Our best performance of the season but Brynn was still mom by a country mile, which says it all.

Nothings changed for me we look like a poor team, lower mid tableish, so happy with a point on that basis.

There's no chance of promotion under current management as we're just not organised enough, so don't really play as a team.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 17, 2022, 06:22:24 by Pookemon » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2022, 06:27:57 »

Every game we are improving, little by little. I think Salford and orient will be up there come the end of the season. Khan's forward surge for the goal was lovely.
It's slowly getting there.

Yes mate. I thought Khan had a thoroughly decent first half and Wakeling showed maturity in setting up McKirdy. Both have promise in this division

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2022, 06:28:08 »

Never, ever thought I’d say this, but . . .

. . . Get Mark Cooper back in cahoots with Lindsey
Don’t talk nonsense, if we did that a lot of people would be done with the club. The man is an odious cunt who I’d never want anywhere near the club again. I wouldn’t attend if Cooper was involved.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2022, 06:30:25 »

Don’t talk nonsense, if we did that a lot of people would be done with the club. The man is an odious cunt who I’d never want anywhere near the club again. I wouldn’t attend if Cooper was involved.
I also would find it difficult to accept.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2022, 07:30:56 »

Off topic, but I get major Hasney Aljofree vibes from MacDonald…. I’m just waiting for him to give The Town End the V’s.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: