Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Leyton Orient pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 19988 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 13:41:47 »

I think *part* of Brynn looking the best so far (or at least, I hope) is that the goalkeeper position is, tactically, the simplest. There's not much in the way of partnerships to foster or patterns of play to learn - more than there used to be of course, but still relatively little.

MacDonald has played 100+ games at Championship level, he's clearly not a bad player. He's looked ropey so far for sure, but we have to hope that he settles in with a run of games and learning the game of the players around him. This doesn't just apply to the new players either - it's pretty clear that Reed is missing having Conroy near him as the easy pass and it's throwing the rest of his game off.

You might say that we should be working on this stuff on the training ground and of course, you'd be right, but it's probably not as simple as that - I assume we spent most of the time working on a Brennan - Baudry - MacDonald three and that's gone in the bin already with Brennan getting concussed (and to a lesser extent, some below part performances necessitating a 4-at-the-back option)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 13:45:32 by Nemo » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 15:10:56 »

Not one poster has us down for a home win in the predictisons league let's hope they are all wrong!

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 15:27:01 »

Not one poster has us down for a home win in the predictisons league let's hope they are all wrong!

Interesting. Are some of us in reality as negative as everyone else behind the brave face?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 15:49:46 by ChalkyWhiteIsGod » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 15:28:02 »

Interesting. Are some of us reality as negative as everyone else behind the brave face?

Clap Clap

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 15:33:40 »

Think I did a chunk of predictions at the start of the season and had this one down as our first loss. I've got all the others wrong so fingers crossed that pattern continues...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 15:58:03 »

It's looking like it's going to rain cats & dogs this evening chaps Bad Mood

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 16:16:00 »

It's looking like it's going to rain cats & dogs this evening chaps Bad Mood

Well, don’t step in a poodle then.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 16:20:07 »

It's like betting on us to lose, we lose and you win, we win and you lose. Best of a bad situation innit.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 16:23:48 »

Match to be abandoned before kick off following a deluge of biblical proportions.

Sections of the fanbase are deeply critical of the performance.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 16:25:25 »

I hope Marcus has turned off the sprinklers. Could end up with another rerun of the season opening game v The Gas a few years ago.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 16:27:57 »

It's like betting on us to lose, we lose and you win, we win and you lose. Best of a bad situation innit.

That's what Lou macari said😀

So, give no fucks
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 16:32:35 »

Would like to predict a win but I think Wellens will have us sussed out. I do miss listening to his tactical nouse and insightfulness with regard to the opposition. A 1-0 loss but an improved performance on the pitch tonight.

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 16:33:45 »

I hope Marcus has turned off the sprinklers. Could end up with another rerun of the season opening game v The Gas a few years ago.

Can we afford to have the floodlights on for both halfs in August

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 16:36:00 »

Would like to predict a win but I think Wellens will have us sussed out. I do miss listening to his tactical nouse and insightfulness with regard to the opposition. A 1-0 loss but an improved performance on the pitch tonight.

My thoughts exactly

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 16:38:48 »

Cant see how Wellens will have us sussed.

‘We don’t know what we’re doing!’

Piece of piss. 4-1.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: