Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Leyton Orient pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20897 times)
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 19:23:10 »

Baudry on for Blake-Tracey and put Clayton at full back, midfield has gone missing most of the half so Darcy could replace either of them. Glad I’m only watching on iFollow and not having to travel to watch this
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 19:24:56 »

He has been, but only when near their box, which is his biggest problem really.  He has a great skillset on the ball and confidence around the box but no legs.  Having him in a midfield with nobody who can tackle or run around is a problem.

Broadly agree with this, but worth pointing out he's surprisingly decent defending set pieces as well. Gladwin isn't really the problem, but he does mean you need to construct the rest of your midfield in such a way as to cover his weaknesses. An in-form Reed probably does that. This version does not.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 19:29:15 »

Brynn and Wakeling the only 2 deserving of the shirt for me today, Harry looking livelier though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 19:29:42 »

I don’t know that much about league two players outside of Swindon, maybe some on here know better, but I felt like last season our midfield must have been amongst the best in the division. Payne must have masked some real turgidity on this seasons showing so far.

Without the ball we are really, worryingly bad. Midfield may as well not not be there at times, defence horribly exposed and their only answer is to slowly back off until Orient reach shooting distance, just as well they have been bad in the finishing department so far. Both full backs need help, McKirdy did start doing that more towards the end of the half down their left, but both wide forwards getting a lot of joy.

Going forward, we have had some nice moments, thought McKirdy and Wakeling look lively, Gladwin had his moments. Overall though feels like a team of individuals all doing their own thing. Cannot say we are a possession side when the majority of it is slowly between the back line. All of our best stuff has come from long diagonals and getting the ball wide, but not really sure that even that is the tactic. I’m confused as to what the plan is.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 19:29:48 »

I never really rated Payne as being a player who would be much above a lower L1 level, but his legs probably helped Gladwin out a bit.  Payne was a pest - played like a school kid (which brought it's own problems).  We also tried to boss possession so Gladwin or Williams had less to worry about for much of the game.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 19:30:25 »

Att: 8,524 with 412 O's.

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 19:30:46 »

They're overloading players onto the fullbacks, I think Blake-Tracy is defending ok considering it's him vs 2, but Hutton's inability to see players around him is terrifying. They're doing a good job of sitting on Reed too, so Khan and Gladders trying to pass out from the keeper is...different.
I really like Wakeling and McKirdy out on the wing, not sure what Williams is bringing to the party in that front three considering the ball isn't sticking up front.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 19:31:37 »

Wakeling nearly gets to a thro ball, saved by Vigs.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 19:32:17 »

To be fair to him, that ball forward from Blake Tracy was delicious.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 19:33:45 »

Good defending by Khan there.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 19:34:12 »

McKirdy has a shot but its weak and at Vigs.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 19:39:23 »

Good interception from Gladwin there.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 19:40:27 »

Nice run by Hutton down the wing wins us a throw.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 19:41:00 »

McKirdy took a heavy knock on the ankle.

oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 19:42:40 »

He has been, but only when near their box, which is his biggest problem really.  He has a great skillset on the ball and confidence around the box but no legs.  Having him in a midfield with nobody who can tackle or run around is a problem.  You have to find a way of leaving him wandering if you have him the team I think.  Him and Williams together seems like a luxury we cannot afford right now.  Williams has done nothing much to avoid criticism either.  I'd probably prefer Gladwin to Williams at the moment, but revert to last seasons rotation.

Maybe for now we should have him Central of the front 3. Plays to some of his strengths, hides some weaknesses. Enables a bit more energy in midfield, Williams can move to his actual position, Wakeling and McKirdy as the wide men. Could be genius  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: