Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle United vs Swindon Town Match Day Thread  (Read 25674 times)
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 07:42:10 »

Fair play to all that are traveling today in this heat. Hope the air con is topped up. Could this be the kick start to our season that is sorely needed, I bloody hope so.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 09:21:53 »

it's 5:47, I'm in an airport waiting for a smash burger breakfast.

therefore we will win 2-1
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 09:32:47 »

If the second half Harrogate or first half Salford team turn up, we’re going to lose comfortably.

However, if we get that second half Salford team performance then we can win it.

Would  be brave for Scott to play with 10 men from the start though  Wink
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 10:03:24 »

I just don't see where the goals are coming from, yes we played well 2nd half with 10 men and 4 at the back vs Salford but didnt have a huge amount of goal threat, we created very little. Hutton looked way happier on the right and Shade did ok on the left, I do also prefer 4 at the back but its obvious Lindsey prefers 3 so it seems a futile suggestion.

Is Adeloye any good? I think hes not had enough of the ball in his 3 games so far to suggest if he is a decent striker or not as hes had pretty much zero service.

McKirdy plays far better as a wide striker cutting inside rather than playing as a number 10, I would like to see Williams/Shade wide left, Tomi in the middle and Harry wide right, similar as we played under Garner at the end of the season.

Reed has been poor in both his games so far, Gladwin looks fitter but still runs through concrete at times, Darcy showed some glimpses of class, reminds me a little of a Martin Ling style, Khan runs around and has some great touches but also some poor too but I think he will come good.

Wakeling has impressed me with his eager running but playing 3 CB's limits our attacking options, yes 3 at the back works for some teams but it doesnt seem to suit us, Harries, Clayton and Brennan aren't quite up to speed defensively yet it seems.

I can't see us scoring.

Carlisle have 1 win at home to Crawley, 1 draw away at Colchester and a defeat in the LC at L1 Shrewsbury so far scoring 4 goals and conceding 4 goals.

We have 2 defeats and 1 draw scoring none and conceding 5 goals so far.

Something needs to kick start our season, lets hope its today.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 10:05:14 »

Oldham 1-3 swindon job done.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 10:09:08 »

Oldham 1-3 swindon job done.
That would mean we are non league Smiley

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 10:17:43 »

Wholesale changes needed here. If SL plays three at the back again today and doesn't change the formation then I really don't know what to say because he is bringing it on himself.

His comments on not being concerned because "the stats say we should have scored" are extremely worrying and in the same bracket of Luke Williams "three draws equals a win" and Paul Hart convincing everyone we played three up top.

Please show today there is more between the ears than you've been letting on Scott or we're in for a torrid season.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 10:20:40 »

I do also prefer 4 at the back but its obvious Lindsey prefers 3 so it seems a futile suggestion.

If he plays with 3 at the back today someone needs to strap a straight jacket on him and get him sectioned. Stevie Wonder can see that isn't working.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 10:23:01 »

If he plays with 3 at the back today someone needs to strap a straight jacket on him and get him sectioned. Stevie Wonder can see that isn't working.
I wonder now if its bravado on his part and trying to prove a point?

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 10:28:55 »

I also agree BUT what if he plays 3 at the back and we play well and have a good win...!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 10:30:09 »

I'm sure Wellens will expose three at the back next week.

So, give no fucks
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 10:45:36 »

anyone with sense can see we need to play 4 at the back, but do actually have a left back or right back that can do so? Sadly not. Major recruitment blunder.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 10:48:09 »

The new signing is a left back and Hutton looked much better as a RB against Saflord than he has as a WB...
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 10:58:07 »

As they made recruitment for the left back based on Iandolo being out I would imagine he's considering 4. The options are there. It's just what he chooses, and as he said in the presser he's not wedded to 3.

I didn't realise Carlisle had so many players out, gives us a good chance to stick some points on the board. Good luck to all travelling today, fingers crossed the traffic behaves.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, August 13, 2022, 10:59:33 »

I'm sick of hearing the word fatigued they're fit athletes for fucks sake😀

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: