Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 15:38:12)
Sol Brynn - 40 (65.6%)
Ciaran Brennan (sub HT) - 0 (0%)
Mathieu Baudry - 3 (4.9%)
Angus MacDonald - 1 (1.6%)
Tyrese Shade (sub HT) - 0 (0%)
Remeao Hutton - 2 (3.3%)
Louis Reed - 0 (0%)
Saidou Khan (sub 77) - 2 (3.3%)
Ben Gladwin (sub 90 - 5 (8.2%)
Harry McKirdy (off 43) - 1 (1.6%)
Jacob Wakeling (sub 77) - 2 (3.3%)
Tom Clayton (on HT) - 2 (3.3%)
Ronan Darcy (on HT) - 3 (4.9%)
Jonny Williams (on 77) - 0 (0%)
Tomi Adeloye (on 77) - 0 (0%)
Ricky Aguiar (on 90) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon 0-0 Salford MoM Thread  (Read 3207 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 14:11:07 »

fuzzy, it was fair talk - he was poor against Cardiff (In the flesh), average v Harrogate (ifollow) and outstanding yesterday (in the flesh).

Hopefully that's the end of the worries, and he kicks on with renewed confidence leading to consistency.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 14:51:07 »

Fair enough.

I saw neither game (not really bothered about pre season- each home game is a 130 mile round trip) and avoided last Saturdays highlights like then plague.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 15:08:42 »

fuzzy, it was fair talk - he was poor against Cardiff (In the flesh), average v Harrogate (ifollow) and outstanding yesterday (in the flesh).

Hopefully that's the end of the worries, and he kicks on with renewed confidence leading to consistency.
Brynn made a number of great saves against Woking too.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 15:21:54 »

Brynn: From what I saw of the Cardiff game online, I thought he looked like Kovar.

Versus Salford, he was shaky to start off with, but grew into the game. His confidence seemed to rise and he looked self assured.

It started in the first half when the ref gave a freekick when he dived at a strikers feet and spilled the ball. Then he made a save from a fierce shot, which he either palmed away or it burst through his hands (its on the highlights).

Then there was a cracking save (I think in the first half, which didnt make the highlights package) followed by a second when the attacker struck the ball hard into the ground and he palmed it over. That kept us in the game.

Salford were wayward with their shooting too and there were several shots that Brynn seemed to have covered that went wide.

He seemed to collect most crosses and have command of his area. With the ball at his feet he was good, but when he kicked long, he seemed to kick it to the middle of the park and their men.

So, not a perfect performance, but in the context of the game, he gained us a point. I'd like to see 10 games (from him and all of the other new players) before making a proper judgment. At the moment, I'm not sure I see much of an improvement on Ward - Who I think is good for this level.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, August 8, 2022, 09:04:06 »

Brynn because he played the 90

Clayton & Darcy deserve mentions.

Completely echo this.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: