Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Salford City pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 33462 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 19:43:27 »

Irrelevant now, but it’s an over reaction from the EFL. A headbutt that could cause serious injury, will get you 3 games. McKirdy gets 4 for a dubious yellow and a childish reaction. I don’t like his indiscipline one bit and I’d discipline him internally for it, but the FL have their priorities wrong.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 19:44:26 »

It’s like me going into a supermarket picking up a bottle of water off the shelf, walking out the store with it and getting arrest for shop lifting and going ‘well I don’t get arrested when I take bottles of water out my house’

Fair enough, decent analogy. Frustrations mostly from the referee performance leading to the red which was completely the wrong circumstances and next game the ref got promoted to the championship. Seems unfair to punish so severely given the circumstances where violent conduct (Nunez headbutt) gets the same, but that’s football I guess
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 19:49:54 by JoeMezz » Logged
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 19:44:43 »

Irrelevant now, but it’s an over reaction from the EFL. A headbutt that could cause serious injury, will get you 3 games. McKirdy gets 4 for a dubious yellow and a childish reaction. I don’t like his indiscipline, but the FL have their priorities wrong.

Beat me to it!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 20:02:10 »

If all he had done was go into the Referee's room (when he expected the Ref to be there based on the description available) he would have received a ban.  To then chuck a protein shake at the wall, he can't really have much to grumble about.  Vardy got a one match ban once for pointing his finger at the ref and having a pop.  I bet McKirdy didn't have to clean everything up himself either, so some poor shmuck at the club had to clean everything up after him as well no doubt.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 20:08:11 »

If all he had done was go into the Referee's room (when he expected the Ref to be there based on the description available) he would have received a ban.  To then chuck a protein shake at the wall, he can't really have much to grumble about.  Vardy got a one match ban once for pointing his finger at the ref and having a pop.  I bet McKirdy didn't have to clean everything up himself either, so some poor shmuck at the club had to clean everything up after him as well no doubt.

Ref had to go home in clothes from lost property too!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 20:17:50 »

He threw a bottle ffs hardly killed anyone has he

Reckon he'd probably have got more than three games for murder tbh.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 20:24:00 »

Unlike the 2nd booking, the ban has been a fair decision.

Just to be clear however:  the McKirdy package - "good" and "bad" - is indivisible.  

Not all of them, but there are still many players with far more serious flaws whom I'd love to have watched in a Swindon shirt.  

We're in L2.  McKirdy is entertainment gold for everyone.  On the pitch, in the dugout, in the ground - including the censorious. He plays for us.  I'm very happy about that.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 20:26:41 by RedRag » Logged
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 07:18:32 »

McKirdy kicks ball in goal.

Kicking ball in goal is good.

We should keep people who kick ball in goal.
DMC

« Reply #548 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 07:53:12 »

If he can continue to perform after not getting the move he wants then brilliant.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 08:05:35 »

If he can continue to perform after not getting the move he wants then brilliant.

Do we know he firstly wants a move and secondly wants a specific move…or…are we just assuming he wants out because our players usually do…
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #550 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 09:32:29 »

Do we know he firstly wants a move and secondly wants a specific move…or…are we just assuming he wants out because our players usually do…
I know a couple of players and coaching staff at the club and they have all said he would really like a move but without actually engineering one himself, preferably closer to London but is open to anywhere if its at a better level than L2, this was only in part caused by losing his best mate Payne.

You can't keep an unhappy player as he won't perform. I agree with DMC. If he stays and still performs to the same level then that would be great for the club, but with the petulance of Harry will he do that? can he do that? or will he sulk?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 09:36:25 »

Wanting a move because a player you have only ever played 1 season with during your whole career is fucking baffling.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 09:38:44 »

Footballers are transitory and always will be. We’ve all seen the good ones come and go - well, go mostly - yet the club and fans endure.

It’s no big deal if Harry goes too.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 09:45:33 »

Well being one game away from a better level than L2 was in his own hands but he fucked it up.

Have a feeling that protein shake temper tantrum aside, he might be a good pro on a day to day level.
If he does stay then I don't doubt that he'll be trying his best.
Time is still on his side.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 10:58:59 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

It’s no big deal if Harry goes too.

I disagree with this completely.

(obviously the assumption that he continues to perform is made )

we have been pretty crap finding forwards. to do so with less than a week to go is less than ideal.

unless we've given up on the season already. in which case go for it.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: