Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harrogate vs Swindon Town build up & matchday thread  (Read 35489 times)
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 05:36:16 »

Looks like he’s lost the social media crowd already.
Think he lost them well before Harrogate. 
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 06:47:59 »

'kin hell you lot we lost the opening game of the season, the first one since 2012/13, it was coming just by law of averages.

People saying Mckirdy is gone and Reed is too, MacDonald doesn't want to be here, rift in the dressing room, managers lost it, there's Rats in the chips, bar staff are pissing in the beer at the legends lounge, office staff are having fistfights daily over who had the last timtam Clem brought in.

Cats living with dogs, mass hysteria.

The game might have been shit but let's us not turn into Rovers fans overreacting at every little thing.

We all need posts like this and I mean that in a positive way.
I do believe the reactions from Saturday were because it was Harrogate we were playing, the Port Vale hangover and the fact that supporting Swindon over previous years has been tough without a doubt and last season, apart from the way it ended gave us that positive hope and something once again to believe in.
It’s always the hope that kills us all after all.

You are right, it’s only one game. Would be an incredible change of heart if Saturday is completely different. Can only wait and see 🤞
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 07:48:12 »

Looks like he’s lost the social media crowd already.

In all seriousness I think that depends who and what you are talking about.

Most (95%) reaction is I've seen is just to the one game. And a couple of worrying signs therein.  Most are sensible enough to know you can't judge anything long term based off one game.

If we keep doing the same thing for the next 5 or 6 then things may get a bit more
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 09:02:49 »

I think the underlying current is most fans were disappointed with the managerial appointment and that's no reflection on Lindsey more the owner and something that will quickly gain momentum if we struggle early on.

So, give no fucks
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 16:36:28 »

We all need posts like this and I mean that in a positive way.
I do believe the reactions from Saturday were because it was Harrogate we were playing, the Port Vale hangover and the fact that supporting Swindon over previous years has been tough without a doubt and last season, apart from the way it ended gave us that positive hope and something once again to believe in.
It’s always the hope that kills us all after all.

You are right, it’s only one game. Would be an incredible change of heart if Saturday is completely different. Can only wait and see 🤞

I'd like to have that I have the upmost sympathy for people like you Duke who went up to the game and travel around the country following a perennially disappointing lower league squad year after year after year. I'm amongst you for my sin's and heaven forbid I ever stop supporting Town, but I at least wasn't present on Saturday so am absent from the emotions people must understandably be feeling.

FWIW my lowest point following Town is a toss up between the season we sold Austin (I remember precisely where I was and what I was doing when I found out) and began our plummet to being a league 2 team and the bloody PNE playoff which shall otherwise not be named. I have never felt shitter directly after a game than on that long, LONG car ride home down the M4 with absolutely nothing to say about it. The port vale game was bad too, but it'll probably fade over time.

It wasn't a cup final. It was the first game of a 46 game season. We move on.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 17:41:29 »

I'd like to have that I have the upmost sympathy for people like you Duke who went up to the game and travel around the country following a perennially disappointing lower league squad year after year after year. I'm amongst you for my sin's and heaven forbid I ever stop supporting Town, but I at least wasn't present on Saturday so am absent from the emotions people must understandably be feeling.

FWIW my lowest point following Town is a toss up between the season we sold Austin (I remember precisely where I was and what I was doing when I found out) and began our plummet to being a league 2 team and the bloody PNE playoff which shall otherwise not be named. I have never felt shitter directly after a game than on that long, LONG car ride home down the M4 with absolutely nothing to say about it. The port vale game was bad too, but it'll probably fade over time.

Notwithstanding I’m getting more miserable in my old age thus moaning is not just directed at football in my life.😂
I just crave that this Club has some sustainable success, getting older and less patient is finally taking its toll.

Just no idea if one day when I get home I finally call it a day.
Saturday’s disappointment magnified by the fact that it was the first game of the season and the start of the journey was from Southampton at 7:30am.

Posts like yours really help though so appreciated 👍⚽️

Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 18:04:24 »

Add the sale of Ritchie and departure of di canio when top of league 1 and flying to that.   That moment not only fucked up our best chance of championship football this millennia but also represents the start of the reign of the leeches.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 18:06:26 »

It also highlighted just what a house of cards our "business" was.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 18:27:13 »

It also highlighted just what a house of cards our "business" was.
To think that so many clubs have been allowed to have stupid, implausible or crooked business models for so long is an absolute disgrace.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 20:05:57 »

As supporters we condone it (either actively or passively) until things go wrong - eg owner runs out of cash (like Derby) or patience (Black in our case) and then wake up to reality.
Most (maybe all) of us were happy for Di Canio to spend what in hindsight were  ridiculous amounts bringing in players, finding out they weren’t what he wanted so moving them on and bringing in more players, simply  because the success on the field was what we focused on.
The noise about players signed / not signed this year could fall into the same category - immediate success is what most fans want.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 20:17:20 »

Add the sale of Ritchie and departure of di canio when top of league 1 and flying to that.   That moment not only fucked up our best chance of championship football this millennia but also represents the start of the reign of the leeches.

Oh don't even. I haven't included that simply down to me wanting to forget the whole affair. Di Canio was not going to last forever, and I was consigned to that, but the cluster fucks that led to the fucking downhill slope after those 2 leaving was pretty impressive.

Notwithstanding I’m getting more miserable in my old age thus moaning is not just directed at football in my life.😂
I just crave that this Club has some sustainable success, getting older and less patient is finally taking its toll.

Just no idea if one day when I get home I finally call it a day.
Saturday’s disappointment magnified by the fact that it was the first game of the season and the start of the journey was from Southampton at 7:30am.

Posts like yours really help though so appreciated 👍⚽️

I think those 2 posts are up there with the most positive ones I've ever seen as a reaction to one of mine here, you miserable old cunt. Glad to be of service.

*Fast forward to game 45 of the season where we are tooth and nail in a relegation battle and lose it and I post the exact same thing*
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2022, 08:49:00 »

I concur with the D O B’s feelings as being an old fart I rarely go to long away games as hours driving in a car holds little enjoyment these days so rely often on the judicious comments placed on here (along with Wiltshire Sound).

I am concerned that those who made the trip to Harrogate in the main appeared to witness the same inadequacies and as I miss the Salford game being on holiday I will be slightly apprehensive about the result and performance it must be said.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2022, 12:56:09 »

Listen, time is running out. We all need to see championship football before we die.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #508 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2022, 13:04:38 »

Listen, time is running out. We all need to see championship football before we die.
Not sure we will see the Championship again in my lifetime.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2022, 14:24:58 »

Perhaps if Methuselah was in the Town End?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: