Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 ... 198   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 345690 times)
digby

Ignore
« Reply #1485 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 12:22:31 »

That's a bloody young squad, will need to recruit some old gits !
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1486 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 14:10:32 »

That's a bloody young squad, will need to recruit some old gits !

We have an experienced striker. Need a quality experienced CB and tough DCM to help the spine through the first XI.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1487 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 14:16:10 »

need more than that
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1488 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 14:16:32 »

We have an experienced striker. Need a quality experienced CB and tough DCM to help the spine through the first XI.
Big commanding keeper, 2 big CB's, one tough tackling DMC and 2 quick wingers who can put balls into the box for Charlie is my wishlist.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1489 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 14:54:38 »

Obviously need a keeper, experienced leader CB, nasty DM whom likes a tackle.

Think our lack of out and out wingers have hurt us this season but from what I’ve read it doesn’t sound like Flynn will employee a formation that utilises wingers. Same for wide forwards. We need some bodies in those positions if we plan on playing 442 or 433 but think it’s lower priority because I don’t think Flynn will set up use wide players
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1490 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 15:02:05 »

Outgoings wise, one or two of Iandolo/Aguilar/Darcy can probably go and hopefully we'll find someone to take Adeloye. Otherwise not much out, maybe Shade or Devine but think they're less likely. Maybe the keepers.

Then I suppose probably interest likely in Hutton, not sure any others will be particularly in demand.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 15:04:26 by Nemo » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1491 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 15:04:59 »

Obviously need a keeper, experienced leader CB, nasty DM whom likes a tackle.

Think our lack of out and out wingers have hurt us this season but from what I’ve read it doesn’t sound like Flynn will employee a formation that utilises wingers. Same for wide forwards. We need some bodies in those positions if we plan on playing 442 or 433 but think it’s lower priority because I don’t think Flynn will set up use wide players
Yes Flynn does seem to prefer a 352 with wingbacks, but in L2 there is a distinct lack of quality wingbacks available, either they can't attack (Hunt) or cant defend (Hutton), its a difficult position to play well as the best ones seem to have been picke dup by Championship level teams where 352 is more prevalent a system.

Notts County play the 352 under Williams but he prefers 2 out and out wingers who can defend a little as opposed to 2 defenders who can attack a bit, but going by the play off games I watched they got found out with many balls down the wings where the wingers didnt track back.

Flynn played with Shade as LWB at Walsall previously, I hope he has learnt his lesson.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1492 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 15:07:56 »

Yes Flynn does seem to prefer a 352 with wingbacks, but in L2 there is a distinct lack of quality wingbacks available, either they can't attack (Hunt) or cant defend (Hutton), its a difficult position to play well as the best ones seem to have been picke dup by Championship level teams where 352 is more prevalent a system.

Notts County play the 352 under Williams but he prefers 2 out and out wingers who can defend a little as opposed to 2 defenders who can attack a bit, but going by the play off games I watched they got found out with many balls down the wings where the wingers didnt track back.

Flynn played with Shade as LWB at Walsall previously, I hope he has learnt his lesson.

Shade did alright there for Walsall didn’t he he by all accounts?
Perhaps it’s something Flynn will revisit (hopefully to great success)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1493 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 15:40:33 »

Shade did alright there for Walsall didn’t he he by all accounts?
Perhaps it’s something Flynn will revisit (hopefully to great success)

Yeah that what i thought, people were excited we signed him because he did alright for Walsall
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1494 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 20:56:13 »

Yeah that what i thought, people were excited we signed him because he did alright for Walsall
I was excited about Shade because of his performances in 2 games against us. In both games he was awesome in the first half and then faded in the second. Seems he has continued to do the same for us.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1495 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 18:47:21 »

I know it’s only youth football, but Abu Kanu. Wow!

https://twitter.com/9akanu_/status/1660998860364185601?s=61&t=HYPly50GSEZLTKzNdaNp7Q
tans

Ignore
« Reply #1496 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 19:47:49 »

Has he signed a pro deal yet or is he the next one we flog for a fiver, a bag of footballs and a friendly against an U23 team?
DMC

« Reply #1497 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 19:59:03 »

Has he signed a pro deal yet or is he the next one we flog for a fiver, a bag of footballs and a friendly against an U23 team?
Do we really do that anymore though?
tans

Ignore
« Reply #1498 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 20:01:14 »

I dont know, but it always bloody happens. Would be nice once in a while to keep them for a couple of years etc
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1499 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 08:59:08 »

A little bit of a youth version of Tyrese Simpson about him and he is the sort of profile of player that we would be looking to cash in on in the past - yet to be seen whether we have turned a corner and are looking to get these younger prospects into the first team or start touting them to Brighton.  Abu is a good yard stick to test that out I guess.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 ... 198   Go Up
Print
Jump to: