Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 66848 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Thursday, September 8, 2022, 15:33:16 »

This is the kind of crap that SL comes out with 'We had 56 box entries on Saturday, and the ball was only in play for 54 minutes. So we felt like we did enough, but it wasn't to be. But like I say, we could have gone for it sooner.' as seen on the adver today.

If he thinks the stats he is looking at from Sat means it was enough, then he is looking at the stats wrong. I have no problem with data being used, if used meaningfully.

Its these sorts of answers that are just bad as a head coach or manager. They do nothing to manage the fan base at all.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Thursday, September 8, 2022, 15:35:31 »

Rushian Hepburn-Murphy 2 weeks away from "full training"
------------
Stats - I bet a lot of modern coaches use them. But most fans don't give a shit.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Thursday, September 8, 2022, 15:39:19 »

I see Andrew Crofts has been given the interim Brighton job.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Thursday, September 8, 2022, 15:51:27 »

This is the kind of crap that SL comes out with 'We had 56 box entries on Saturday, and the ball was only in play for 54 minutes. So we felt like we did enough, but it wasn't to be. But like I say, we could have gone for it sooner.' as seen on the adver today.

If he thinks the stats he is looking at from Sat means it was enough, then he is looking at the stats wrong. I have no problem with data being used, if used meaningfully.

Its these sorts of answers that are just bad as a head coach or manager. They do nothing to manage the fan base at all.

Lies, damned lies and statistics - on our old friend xG, we've scored two goals too many and conceded three too few, and "should" be W2, L5, D0 for the season.

There's almost always a statistic to make whatever argument you want to make. The more obscure they are, the less you probably have a case!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Thursday, September 8, 2022, 15:58:58 »

I'm sure as a manager there are a plethora of statistics out there that you can use to prove/make it seem like you should have won matches. Unfortunately, anyone that has eyes could see that we had 80 minutes with a man advantage but despite dominating possession and probably shots on and off target the fact of the matter was we were too lackluster and unimaginative to break down a Gillingham side, that despite defending well, should have been put to the sword. Obviously SL isn't going to use verbiage like that and I don't really bother with pre-match manager rambles anyway as it's mostly repetitive cliché but I think he needs to try and be a bit more realistic/honest as to how games have gone and stop hiding behind statistics. The fact of the matter was that we didn't win the game, and have to improve in order to win games going forward.

« Last Edit: Thursday, September 8, 2022, 16:01:18 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Thursday, September 8, 2022, 16:12:09 »

I just hope for his own sake that he doesn’t really believe what he is saying in interviews. If he honestly thinks the number of box entries or the time the ball was in play provides any kind of defence for Saturdays result and performance then he’s pretty deluded.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Thursday, September 8, 2022, 17:24:02 »

About the only guy left isn't he?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Thursday, September 8, 2022, 18:34:31 »

He made the right choice then..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Thursday, September 8, 2022, 18:50:57 »

Would cost a bomb to get him and Luke Williams now

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Friday, September 9, 2022, 13:00:27 »

I'm sure as a manager there are a plethora of statistics out there that you can use to prove/make it seem like you should have won matches. Unfortunately, anyone that has eyes could see that we had 80 minutes with a man advantage but despite dominating possession and probably shots on and off target the fact of the matter was we were too lackluster and unimaginative to break down a Gillingham side, that despite defending well, should have been put to the sword. Obviously SL isn't going to use verbiage like that and I don't really bother with pre-match manager rambles anyway as it's mostly repetitive cliché but I think he needs to try and be a bit more realistic/honest as to how games have gone and stop hiding behind statistics. The fact of the matter was that we didn't win the game, and have to improve in order to win games going forward.

One thing i did pick up on, is that he is prepared to take responsibility in his after match talks....Cooper blamed every cunt but himself.

Clems Army!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 16:49:41 »

So it's been 10 games and I think now is a decent time to judge.
Aside from a couple of blips the team is improving week on week and it's clear to see a great team spirit evolving.

9 league games undefeated is not to be sniffed at. Players are looking more comfortable and a definite style is taking shape.

Well done Scott on basically gelling a team from scratch. Here's to a great season ahead
adje

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 16:54:44 »

So it's been 10 games and I think now is a decent time to judge.
Aside from a couple of blips the team is improving week on week and it's clear to see a great team spirit evolving.

9 league games undefeated is not to be sniffed at. Players are looking more comfortable and a definite style is taking shape.

Well done Scott on basically gelling a team from scratch. Here's to a great season ahead
Well said mate

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 17:10:58 »

The proof of the pudding is in the points tally. On par I would say. Looks like the team can push on from here.

Nothing to see here
adje

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 17:17:04 »

Anybody who watched those lads run their bollocks off today surely has to acknowledge that he has built a close knit squad of players,who will put themselves on the line for each other. With ability as well

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 17:28:37 »

Think some credit should go to Sandro re player recruitment. Quite a few of the new signings look good who can develop further. Hopefully we'll be able to extend Wakeling's contract.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: