Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 25935 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 09:03:40 »

We definitely need a defensive coach. The way we concede goals was pathetic last season and it was pathetic on Saturday. Hopefully 'Mad Gav' Gunning can help sort them out the back. Another body that can play as well if we have a total disaster with injuries and suspensions. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 14:48:11 »

We definitely need a defensive coach. The way we concede goals was pathetic last season and it was pathetic on Saturday. Hopefully 'Mad Gav' Gunning can help sort them out the back. Another body that can play as well if we have a total disaster with injuries and suspensions. 

Lindsey was the defensive coach last season
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Monday, August 1, 2022, 14:56:09 »

Lindsey was the defensive coach last season

Which is why we need one!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 11:14:51 »

Which is why we need one!

Agreed, just find it a bit odd the lad that has been signed, young age for a coach and no coaching experience elsewhere.
I expected someone older, more experienced, I know everyone has to start somewhere if they want to get into coaching, but to go from playing last season, to intending to play this season,  then into a defensive coaching role this season with the chance of playing (is he good enough for this level ?).

Time will tell if he manages to tighten up the defensive side of our game.
Jimmy QuitMoaning

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 11:16:56 »

Someone like Steve Bould would have been good!

Just getting my shit up together
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 11:50:13 »

Possibly SL knew him previously at FGR.
Also he would not be there to take over should SL be moved on.
Just seems a no win appointment except if he is there as an additional player if required
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 11:50:44 »

Agreed, just find it a bit odd the lad that has been signed, young age for a coach and no coaching experience elsewhere.
I expected someone older, more experienced, I know everyone has to start somewhere if they want to get into coaching, but to go from playing last season, to intending to play this season,  then into a defensive coaching role this season with the chance of playing (is he good enough for this level ?).

Time will tell if he manages to tighten up the defensive side of our game.

It does seem like Lindsey has gone into his little black book with this one. They were together at FGR so clearly he trusts him. But I think you have made good points re the experience. Obviously Bamba was supposed to be that guy (again not hugely experienced as a coach) but we've had to make do with Mad Gav. He has a lot of work to do!

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: