Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 67882 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #300 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 09:35:36 »

Adam Hart is part of the company that runs the fitness, isn't he? Is it anyone with a criminal past that people don't want associated with the club

What can the club say here that would put their put their mind at ease or is it a case of just wanting them gone.

Just intrigued to know really, for me personally if the accounts and everything else show that the club is being run above board and money is not missing and being reinvested accordingly then if there isn't proof that anyone has been involved in anything since prior convictions a long time ago i would be willing to keep a really close eye on it

That being said would i prefer there to be anyone with a past like that close to the club, absolutely not and in no way can i blame anyone for having these major doubts and asking the questions out loudly, i am glad they are being asked and i will be as upset as anyone if they are not answered but we are where we are and if our current owner thinks he can run the club and control them whilst not putting the club at risk then let's at least see

My honest opinion is that as the owner he wants us to be seen as running self sufficiently with nice healthy looking accounts with no grey areas so after redevelopment they can sell the club to wealthier better people, until then we need to let him deal with the ones fans dont like
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 09:39:10 »

Adam Hart is part of the company that runs the fitness, isn't he? Is it anyone with a criminal past that people don't want associated with the club

What can the club say here that would put their put their mind at ease or is it a case of just wanting them gone.

Just intrigued to know really, for me personally if the accounts and everything else show that the club is being run above board and money is not missing and being reinvested accordingly then if there isn't proof that anyone has been involved in anything since prior convictions a long time ago i would be willing to keep a really close eye on it

That being said would i prefer there to be anyone with a past like that close to the club, absolutely not and in no way can i blame anyone for having these major doubts and asking the questions out loudly, i am glad they are being asked and i will be as upset as anyone if they are not answered but we are where we are and if our current owner thinks he can run the club and control them whilst not putting the club at risk then let's at least see

My honest opinion is that as the owner he wants us to be seen as running self sufficiently with nice healthy looking accounts with no grey areas so after redevelopment they can sell the club to wealthier better people, until then we need to let him deal with the ones fans dont like

Yep he's employed by Ricky McFarlane's company who are employed by the club.

FWIW he's quite well liked and does a good job. Not sure if that'll put anyone's mind at ease. I quizzed a few people as I shared the same concerns and seems like he's reformed. I dont know if its true or not, I've never met him.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 09:43:47 »

But we aren't talking about just another ex criminal are we?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/revealed-the-uk-s-10-most-wanted-in-new-costa-del-crime-998215.html

It takes a lot to be in Britains 10 most wanted men alive at any point, even the Krays (!) didn't achieve that honour.

We aren't talking about Chippenham Town level offending, we are talking about Manchester City style offending, thats why fans are worried.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 10:02:45 »

Interesting reading the varied / contrasting feedback on last night. All views consumed,  understood and appreciated.

Quite a few of you good folk know me from on here (historically), in the stands, the FFT sponsorship days or Twitter. What you see is what you get. No apologies for that if the show or I’m not your cup of tea. I / we try to appeal to a broad church (which has topped 8k on occasion) of listeners. Can’t please you all… but sincerely, we do try.

In the spirit of transparency, I’m happy to get on a call with anyone that wants to discuss our content, my integrity and/or history as a Town Fan. Drop me a Twitter DM with your details and I’ll make time for us. Sincere and open offer.

You’ll notice we talked about forward plans and access TSTBL will enjoy across  the coming season. In many ways, last night was about making decent introductions. Laying foundations on  which the show will build from. In short, there’s plenty more to come.

Cheers… and COYR.

Hanners

"Great save, Digby."
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 10:05:18 »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/revealed-the-uk-s-10-most-wanted-in-new-costa-del-crime-998215.html

It takes a lot to be in Britains 10 most wanted men alive at any point, even the Krays (!) didn't achieve that honour.

We aren't talking about Chippenham Town level offending, we are talking about Manchester City style offending, thats why fans are worried.

I have not been following this so probably already been answered, but is is it the same Adam Hart as he has gone some getting from being on the run in 2008 to doing time for serious crime and being released by 2022?

And is he just an employee of the company who provide fitness services to the club, so what influence does he actually have?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #305 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 10:06:20 »

Whilst i totally agree with you it's not fucking good at all we are also talking about nearly 15 years ago. I have not disagreed and said i get why fans are worried,even said i'd rather not here but maybe it's because my past i have seen many people change and trust a bit more who knows

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 10:11:46 »

Is it any different to potentially being served a burger from one of the kiosks by a potential criminal?
The food kiosks were out sourced - the same way the fitness etc is.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the only reason this has come out is due to a photo, if that wasn’t taken, no one would have a clue.

I’m not overly worried that an ex criminal is stood with a stop-watch timing how quickly the players run a couple of times a week in all honesty.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 10:18:22 »

Well, if it’s outsourced he shouldn’t really be wearing STFC kit. It makes him appear as if he is directly associated with the club.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 10:22:20 »

But it’s not just that is it, he has been a director on one of Austin’s ‘construction’ companies prior to being involved with the club so the relationship goes beyond the McFarlane thing. Having Austin and a business partner at the club with very similar criminal records is a bit concerning when judging it simply on the facts at hand is it not?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #309 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 10:27:15 »

But it’s not just that is it, he has been a director on one of Austin’s ‘construction’ companies prior to being involved with the club so the relationship goes beyond the McFarlane thing. Having Austin and a business partner at the club with very similar criminal records is a bit concerning when judging it simply on the facts at hand is it not?
It is and i have not said otherwise?  I have even said what i think will be the outcome and if that means people like Hart and Austin get rewarded by our current owner once the club has been sold then so be it. Like i also said as well though, if it transpires that all of a sudden the accounts look shocking and we are in debt to these people then yes it's not on but as things stand looking at the accounts and the AB notes all money the club get is accounted for isn't it?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 10:32:07 »

Interesting that if that is his only role, he has been at a number of commercial evenings engaging with potential sponsors
china red

« Reply #311 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 10:36:01 »

Interesting reading the varied / contrasting feedback on last night. All views consumed,  understood and appreciated.

Quite a few of you good folk know me from on here (historically), in the stands, the FFT sponsorship days or Twitter. What you see is what you get. No apologies for that if the show or I’m not your cup of tea. I / we try to appeal to a broad church (which has topped 8k on occasion) of listeners. Can’t please you all… but sincerely, we do try.

In the spirit of transparency, I’m happy to get on a call with anyone that wants to discuss our content, my integrity and/or history as a Town Fan. Drop me a Twitter DM with your details and I’ll make time for us. Sincere and open offer.

You’ll notice we talked about forward plans and access TSTBL will enjoy across  the coming season. In many ways, last night was about making decent introductions. Laying foundations on  which the show will build from. In short, there’s plenty more to come.

Cheers… and COYR.

Hanners

When will it be available to listen back?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 10:39:00 »

I hear AH will be here again this season 100%That is how he comes accross to me too, no idea why but every time I listen to him I hear a watered down Lee Power (not suggesting he has the motives of LP or is even connected to him in any way).

Jesus. Standing seems like a breeze compared to Harts background. I'm surprised people aren't more worried about him.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #313 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 10:40:39 »

Interesting that if that is his only role, he has been at a number of commercial evenings engaging with potential sponsors
Yep likely that he has, and like the rest of the post says the club should clarify it
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 10:41:34 »

And herein is the problem and I fail to believe it isn’t a problem. If you are a potential sponsor or investor with no pre-existing links to the club and you do a background search on Austin and Hart and see their background you are going to run a mile.

Ultimately for any redevelopment to happen at the CG a massive capital raise is going to be needed either via investors or finance as no one involved with the club has that sort of money. The involvement of these individuals in the club must be a red flag to potential sources of finance.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: