Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 66870 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 14:43:25 »

Yeah I hear ya Aud. I tend to be quite a trustworthy person and I was caught out by Power also. The fact that there are still some 'shady' characters in the background but Power of course has been replaced by Clem is of concern.

The club have done loads right under Clem, don't get me wrong, the Advisory Board, working with the Trust etc (Who don't seem to be 'hard' enough to ask the tough questions) things on the face of it seem very rosey. But some of the stuff is just plain odd. (the Zav Austin/Pakistan thing just seems weird)
I think the Zav Pakistan thing is similar to the Andrew Fitton kick back. I think it's a vanity project that he hopes to unearth a gem and get a kickback from.

These are just my own personal thoughts but i think they have realised that they can run the club properly and not dodgy as such and make a profit. I have no doubt that if the plan goes as it should for them they will sell the club in a few years to people they believe have more money. There is no way there is enough money at this level to operate and also keep people like Austin Standing Hart happy like the rumours will have us believe

Just my take on things
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 14:48:51 »

Hard to believe that after ditching Power there are still questions to be asked.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 15:01:29 »

Maybe there is, maybe there isn't but what are either of us going to be able to do about it?
I dunno, perhaps I just don't care as much any more. Even after the whole orange hat era and having Fitton and Co come in.. That managed to go tits up and now getting a seemingly sound bloke like Clem in but it's tarnished with all this Zav/Karachi shit..

I don't even know what my point is really any more. Just don't worry about it I guess.. It's bound to go to shit again at some point. Not that I think it's imminent but then I didn't open my eyes fully to Power until it was far too late.

Hey if you're kicking it Greece, sod even thinking about points deductions!

Sent from my CLT-L09
This is pretty much my position. The next shit storm is never far away with STFC and there's fuck all we can do about it. I'm not going to waste energy fretting about it, all you can do is go with the flow...

Likewise!

As a lurker to this forum these days, the reaction by some over the past few weeks has been really quite amazing.

Hopefully a few good news stories over the next few weeks will put a lot of supporters minds at ease, similar to last summer, only this time we actually have a few players kicking around who are really quite good! I think the Play Off hangover is still looming for some... Peace

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 15:25:51 »

Perhaps I'm trying to play it cooler than I really am because every time 5pm rolls around I starting refreshing like a fucking mad man

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 15:29:09 »

Perhaps I'm trying to play it cooler than I really am because every time 5pm rolls around I starting refreshing like a fucking mad man

Sent from my CLT-L09

Those home socks aren't going to sponsor themselves!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Penmans Penalties

now I believe scarf above the head

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 15:36:26 »

My biggest concern over the new manager, is whether he has the contacts within the business, Garner seemed to have plenty of ex Crystal Palace options, maybe another assistant manager needs to be appointed asap, from a club with a good youth set up
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 15:54:09 »

Sent from my CLT-L09

It's oh so quiet....
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 12:43:29 »

Jamie Day confirmed as new assistant manager

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #233 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 12:47:22 »

Jamie Day confirmed as new assistant manager
Well hes certainly got some good experience.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 12:55:19 »

Well hes certainly got some good experience.

Experience in South Asia. Could be good for the Karachi FC project
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 13:22:00 by JoeMezz » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 13:13:00 »

Cool, so let’s start the rumours.

We are interested in Mahbubur Rahman Sufil
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 14:20:00 »

Very quiet on Scott Marshall - is he still here or not ?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 14:22:51 »

Very quiet on Scott Marshall - is he still here or not ?

No he’s gone. They did say in one of the interviews.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 14:44:52 »

No he’s gone. They did say in one of the interviews.

Bit of a bugger for him, Garner gets a prime gig elsewhere, SL gets the prime gig here and as it stands he is on the rock n roll!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 14:54:04 »

Jason Euell leaves charlton first team coach role so im presuming that will go to Marshall
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: