Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 66844 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:01:52 »

discuss
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:02:30 »

Assuming Marshall is still going with Garner, seems like he'll need an assistant or two.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:03:50 »

Very very uninspired but have been with Wellens and Garner appointments. Let’s see who we manage to bring in to see how competitive we are. Has my support but this seems like a poor option
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:05:23 »

Fine by me.
Welcome to the roller coaster Scott, or should that be welcome back?

Continuity is good.
He would have been in prime position to take the mental "wouldn't have done it like that Ben" notes.
Some good recruitment coupled with doing it a bit better than Garner & we should be fine.

If the behind the scenes setup is right then a head coach isn't necessarily the main cog in the machine with this type of model these days.

Maybe the mentality of fans needs to change vis a vis traditional manager v head coach scenario? Don't know.

One overriding view that won't change is, Scott, whatever you do, don't fuck it up.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:06:57 »

Please Scott at least dont make the defenders piss around fannying about with the ball when sometimes a hoof into touch will be the better option rather than passing it between 2 statues or a short ball back to the goalkeeper putting him under pressure.

Otherwise as you were.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:07:21 »

3 year contract!! Fucking hell.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:08:32 »

I cannot believe its taken this long to get here. A Lee Power move done at a slugs pace.

I'll back him, but fuck me Clem. It was all the disappointment of a cheap option and it wasn't even quick to put us out of our misery. Unbelievable.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:09:02 »

Club News
BREAKING: Scott Lindsey appointed as Town's new Head Coach
Reds have a new man at the helm
Swindon Town Football Club are delighted to announce the appointment of Scott Lindsey as our new
First-Team Head Coach.

Following a thorough and diligent search, Lindsey emerged as the ideal candidate to lead the Reds forward.

Highly-regarded and respected by everyone who has worked under him, Lindsey offers Town some crucial continuity having served as Assistant Manager under former Head Coach Ben Garner last season.

As a result, Lindsey already knows the current squad inside out, he has close working relationships with those currently inside the club and is fully on board with our preferred way of playing.

Lindsey was instrumental in instilling the brand of football that spearheaded Town's success last year, and his promotion to Head Coach will ensure there isn't any change in direction to the way the team will look to play.

Furthermore, Lindsey is in lockstep with Technical Director Sandro Di Michele's philosophies and vision when it comes to recruitment and the direction the club wants to head in.

Having reached the EFL Sky Bet League Two Playoffs in 2021-22 and with a strong core in place, the club felt it was crucial to keep some level of continuity in place in order to give the team the best possible chance of competing for promotion in 2022-23.

Lindsey brings that quality in abundance, and he also boasts a proven track record when it comes to spotting talent and developing it, with current Town player Ellis Iandolo the perfect example having been brought to SN1 by Lindsey in 2015.

With a passion for the club and the local area, Lindsey ticks all of the boxes and we feel strongly he is the perfect man to lead Swindon Town into an exciting new era.

Sandro Di Michele, Town's Technical Director, said: "We have a clear philosophy on how we want this football club to operate and over the last 12 months Scott Lindsey has played a key role in shaping that.

Scott clearly believes in a possession based, attacking brand of football and he fully supports our data lead recruitment strategy.

He is hugely respected by the players and has been integral to their development. All these factors made Scott the standout choice and I’m incredibly excited for the future of Swindon Town Football Club with Scott as Head Coach.”

Following his appointment, Scott Lindsey expressed his delight at getting the opportunity to manage the club.

It means a lot to me to be the Head Coach of this fantastic football club,” he said.

There’s some great people behind the scenes working here, and you only had to look at last season to see how well supported this club is, averaging nearly 10,000 people every week, which is amazing for this standard of football.

Away from home the following was just incredible, so to be Head Coach of this club with that kind of following is just fantastic and I’m really looking forward to it.

The club wanted some continuity going forward and they don’t want to go too far away from how we play, so that was an important factor.

It is big for me and my family. I worked here back in 2015 as the Youth Coach, I then came back with Ben (Garner) as the Assistant Manager last year and my family have really embraced it. My children all go in the Town End for most home games, and try to get to a lot of the away games too, so it is a really proud moment for me.”

Swindon Town CEO, Rob Angus, said: “We’re really pleased that Scott has agreed to become Head Coach of our club, providing continuity, and he is someone who can develop and improve our players, and more importantly, believes in the way we like to play.

He has fully bought into our football strategy. He knows our club inside and out and I am sure with Scott at the helm we have a great future ahead of us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
mozalini

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:09:22 »

Positive news as far as I am concerned. He already knows the players and obviously works well with McKirdy which might not have been the case with a new coach.  He is less likely to walk away in a years time Garner-style and seems settled at the club.  

I'll never know all that has gone on these past few weeks, most of it is just bullshit rumours in any case.  Nor do I particularly care either, lets just move on and enjoy the ride.  

I'll leave the negativity to certain others!  

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:10:13 »

Assuming we keep a similar personnel roster as we did last year, with some obvious improvements now we have some actual stability and time to analyse, target, and go in for players (whether on frees or loan, I'm not, and nobody should be, expecting big money transfers, we're in L2 and trying to be sustainable), I think we'll have a god shot again this year.

Obviously keeping the core of the team is important, the new manager is obviously a known element to the players and backroom staff so provides some stability, even if it's underwhelming for some.

As I've said before, Swindon typically do better with unproven managers than we do with old cloggers. If we play like we did at our best last year, can't see a lot able to touch us. I don't expect that though, because It's Swindon Town.

I'm still hopeful for cadds as a coach.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:10:26 »

Very very uninspired but have been with Wellens and Garner appointments. Let’s see who we manage to bring in to see how competitive we are. Has my support but this seems like a poor option

He is far less inspiring than either Wellens or Garner.

Wellens was a very good player, who you could believe had a good understanding of players and whats required. His stint at Oldham was better than it looked given conditions.

Garner was a career coach essentially, someone who had coached at big clubs, and while his rovers stint like Wellens, was not great, it was under tough conditions.

Lindsey had no real playing career, his coaching has been far more limited in experience and standard to that of Garners.

If he was the stand out candidate, it doesn't take this long to appoint him.

On the outside it looks a really cheap choice honestly and does absolutely nothing to inspire ahead of next season.

I can't help but have a nagging feeling that the last part of Sandro's comment here has a lot of meaning. 'Scott clearly believes in a possession based, attacking brand of football and he fully supports our data lead recruitment strategy.' The first two almost all coaches would support, get the feeling not many candidates fully supported the 'data led' element. Just a hunch.

Still he gets my support, lets see how we rebuild the squad. Hopefully he gets to bring a coach in. Otherwise it feels really cheep if its just the other Scott.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:10:35 »

Hopefully adds some continuity from last season.
Hopefully the players had a good relationship with him and this *might* tempt them to stay.

Having worked primarily in the lower leagues don’t know what contacts he has (particularly for Premiet League youngsters)
Is he Garner lite or will he have his own ideas? Do we want him to have his own ideas? Or be Garner lite?

Honestly, such a long process to appoint someone who was already here. That to me (rightly or wrong) screams we didn’t get our top targets.

Be interesting to see who gets his old job as assistant. To save Clem time, I’ll do it if he can match my Royal Mail wage…

Underwhelmed but not unsupportive. Would have personally preferred someone younger and with experience behind the scenes at the top level - that was seemingly what the club wanted but not what the club delivered (which goes back to the not first choice)

Like any new manager he needs to hit the ground running. Let’s be brutally honest here after last season, us as fans (and the press as well I imagine) will be expecting us to challenge. The free hit, no pre season, embargo, just happy to have a club has to stop now.

We need to start moving towards. Top to bottom & I honestly don’t fucking care whose in what job as long as start moving forward and move away from being a L1 / L2 yo-yo team because these bottom two divisions are fucking shit and we’ve been here way too long. They don’t even have any novelty value anymore.

In summation - just win some fucking football games. Simple.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:12:58 by DiV » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:11:42 »

to take 3 weeks to recruit someone already on the books is quite frankly ridiculous especially when preseason is usually such valuable time.
the fear with this appointment is that there is already no new buzz around the manager and it wont take a long before a few bad results make the situation very awkward.

genuinely the only positive is continuity and hopefully the players enjoyed working with scott. wish him all the best as with every town manager. hmm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:14:56 »

4 weeks of rejections, then panic give it to the assistant*. Inspiring stuff.

But its a results business. Lets see what he's about on the pitch. And I don't mean give him 3 games then moan!

My expectations are unchanged. We must be pushing for autos. We'll see what December brings.

*other interpretations are available.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:15:06 »

I back him sure enough even though it seems as if many stones have been unturned

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: