Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Somewhere Special.  (Read 3076 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 18:08:07 »

Can I ask seriously for some suggestions please. I have a very dear lady friend from skool who has been diagnosed with the big C. 2-6 months if she has no treatment. Elected surgery from which she may not recover from and if she does the prognosis is not very good. We both cried when she told me personally last week and her husband left us alone for a while which was nice of him. So on Thursday I’m taking her out for a few hours to have a natter and something to eat. So having set the scene I’m wondering where I can take her for a late breakfast or early lunch that is outdoors with a nice vista and likely to be no to boisterous. God knows it could be the last time we have to meet if it all goes pear shaped with the surgery.

TIA.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 18:09:50 »

ah shit, in sorry to read that LL.

are you Swindon area, and is she up to car journeys?

I'll have a think
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 18:20:01 »

Can I ask seriously for some suggestions please. I have a very dear lady friend from skool who has been diagnosed with the big C. 2-6 months if she has no treatment. Elected surgery from which she may not recover from and if she does the prognosis is not very good. We both cried when she told me personally last week and her husband left us alone for a while which was nice of him. So on Thursday I’m taking her out for a few hours to have a natter and something to eat. So having set the scene I’m wondering where I can take her for a late breakfast or early lunch that is outdoors with a nice vista and likely to be no to boisterous. God knows it could be the last time we have to meet if it all goes pear shaped with the surgery.

TIA.

I'm really sorry to hear your sad news life can be so cruel at times
Just a short drive out of Swindon is the lakeside restaurant at South Cerney over looking the lake

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1231795-d2639981-Reviews-Lakeside_Restaurant-South_Cerney_Cotswolds_England.html

So, give no fucks
Whingy the poo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 18:23:53 »

Sorry to hear LL.

If in Swindon I would recommend Hall & Woodhouse at Wichelstowe (SN1 7DA).
Its near the Waitrose at Wichelstowe, the outdoor space looks out onto the wilts and berks canal.
Been here a few times, food pretty good Eat, could ring ahead to book a table next to the window and look out if the weather isn't great, plenty of parking, but if full you could park in Waitrose car park and cross the footbridge.

Ill have a think of other places mean time. Hmmm
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 18:43:04 »

Take her to the Ivy in Bath or Cheltenham. Something she'll never forget.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 19:18:19 »

To clarify we are in Swindon so not to far I’ll have about four hours with her so the less time travelling would ideal.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 19:20:48 »

H&W is a good shout. If you get a sunny day it's nice and calm sat outside near the canal.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 20:24:50 »

Sorry about that LL. Wife has just lost a friend who went through chemo with her. Ironically, she was well when my wife was poorly - Somehow makes it worse. Bloody awful illness and terrible decision to make. Genuinely sorry and upset for your friend.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 21:01:01 »

I don't live locally enough to offer anything but my sympathies.  Really feel for you and your friend.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 21:33:52 »

Thanks everyone. I’ll sleep on it and decide in the morning.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 10:38:18 »

Sorry to hear that LL.

The Dumb Post at Bremhill (near Calne) has a lovely garden terrace with great views, if you don't mind travelling a little way. Good food too.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 11:33:07 »

Another vote for H&W. If the weather is nice it's really gorgeous there and the food is decent.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 14:09:47 »

Really sorry to hear that. I can definitely recommend, as others have done, Hall & Woodhouse. Best looking pub in Swindon and if the sun is out it’s delightful to sit outside taking in the canal. Can also heartily recommend Molly’s Tea Rooms in Marlborough, assuming it’s still there. Went a few years back and it was absolutely lovely
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 14:15:01 »

Polly, not Molly
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 17:06:09 »

When I read H & W I thought you were promoting Hereford and Worcestershire.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: