Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 141266 times)
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #405 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 09:35:46 »

Out of interest, what was the wording of the question?? Was statues chosen from a list of options, or was it ‘we want to build a statue do you think it’s a good idea??’

Fairly ambivalent to them myself - not going to get up in arms about it and appreciate many will like it, but at the same time can’t shake the feeling the money could be better spent elsewhere

The wording was essentially on the surveys : would fans welcome the creation of statue(s) to celebrate past players such as Don and John

The questions (and there were multiple questions) were resounding Yes fans would welcome this

Then we looked at other football clubs who have done this, Manu U, Liverpool, Newcastle etc, got recommendations from other clubs and then asked statue makers to provide quotes based on requirements and other statues we liked. We also consulted with the club on this as to location of them and also the players themselves. Then we looked for an image from the archives for the statue in terms of the pose etc and provided that to the statue makers and got them to come up with a mock up, we then narrowed that down to a single statue maker and we now have an actual small model of the statue made up and we are working with the statue maker now on a few tweaks until we get it right. We will then go back to the fans for feedback on the statue design and get their thoughts before hopefully going ahead.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 09:43:18 »

Do you know of any plan to introduce Chris Kiely JAM? I'm not for one second suggesting he's any sort of malign influence or peddling conspiracies, but it seems against the general open approach of the current owners to not introduce a new director?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 10:14:48 »

From memory it was more certain than that, do you want to allocate funds and proceed type question, but can't be arsed to look it up.    Did you take the opportunity to vote on it when the trust asked the question to its members? 

Mate I can’t remember what I had for breakfast yesterday let alone if/when I filled out a survey months ago

Things get better but they never get good
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #408 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 10:21:37 »

Do you know of any plan to introduce Chris Kiely JAM? I'm not for one second suggesting he's any sort of malign influence or peddling conspiracies, but it seems against the general open approach of the current owners to not introduce a new director?
Nothing to worry about , it was incorrectly suggested in the year book he was a director of the club, don't believe he is. Ex footballer who as i understand it he will be working with the academy (Academy Director). Believe Clem/Rob will address at fans forum next week.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 10:56:03 »

The wording was essentially on the surveys : would fans welcome the creation of statue(s) to celebrate past players such as Don and John

The questions (and there were multiple questions) were resounding Yes fans would welcome this

Then we looked at other football clubs who have done this, Manu U, Liverpool, Newcastle etc, got recommendations from other clubs and then asked statue makers to provide quotes based on requirements and other statues we liked. We also consulted with the club on this as to location of them and also the players themselves. Then we looked for an image from the archives for the statue in terms of the pose etc and provided that to the statue makers and got them to come up with a mock up, we then narrowed that down to a single statue maker and we now have an actual small model of the statue made up and we are working with the statue maker now on a few tweaks until we get it right. We will then go back to the fans for feedback on the statue design and get their thoughts before hopefully going ahead.

Hi James - Where would the statue be located? I don't have an issue with a statue per se but it could be quite inconrous having a high quuality statue in the car park behind the town end (for example). Suggest the best place would be to set it within the grassy area between the Don Rogers Stand and Shrivenham Road - maybe with some general upgrades to this area such as footpaths, benches too? I think the setting is as important as the statue itself - any thought?
DMC

« Reply #410 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 10:58:47 »

Hi James - Where would the statue be located? I don't have an issue with a statue per se but it could be quite inconrous having a high quuality statue in the car park behind the town end (for example). Suggest the best place would be to set it within the grassy area between the Don Rogers Stand and Shrivenham Road - maybe with some general upgrades to this area such as footpaths, benches too? I think the setting is as important as the statue itself - any thought?
I think i did see on the plans for redevelopment where they would be. I will have a search for you Bob
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 11:40:41 »

100% correct this is outside money not from the club
statues cost anything from 30-100k depending on size, quality etc etc
Also the statues will be placed in areas where ground development wont impact them, so they wont need to be moved etc so they are a perm fixture

Great stuff - thanks for clarifying Pookemon and Jan.  Clap

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #412 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 12:10:47 »

Hi Bob, the location you mention is the preferred option yes on the grassy part so as well as when walking to the CG you walk past, get to see it people also driving past on the magic roundabout can also see it etc.. And yes i think what goes around it is as important as the statue so that will be looked at too.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 12:12:36 »

I’d stick the Don’s statue at left wing. Still do a job, I reckon.

Best player I’ve seen in a Swindon shirt - bar none.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 12:32:28 »

A life-size diorama of the rounding of Bob Wilson sprawled in the Wembley mud would be good.
Not sure permission would be forthcoming for that from young Bob though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 12:50:22 »

Hi Bob, the location you mention is the preferred option yes on the grassy part so as well as when walking to the CG you walk past, get to see it people also driving past on the magic roundabout can also see it etc.. And yes i think what goes around it is as important as the statue so that will be looked at too.

Taking into account vandalism/graffiti...
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #416 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 15:29:07 »

Taking into account vandalism/graffiti...
Yes we have some plans around that to try and minimize/stop that occurring..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 15:44:34 »

Hi Bob, the location you mention is the preferred option yes on the grassy part so as well as when walking to the CG you walk past, get to see it people also driving past on the magic roundabout can also see it etc..

Bit of friendly and free professional advice, I would speak to the Council early doors re siting as from personal  experience Highways are not big fans on interesting things being sited where they can distract drivers.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #418 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 16:07:44 »

Bit of friendly and free professional advice, I would speak to the Council early doors re siting as from personal  experience Highways are not big fans on interesting things being sited where they can distract drivers.
Thanks Horlock appreciate that, we certainly will :-)
DMC

« Reply #419 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 16:14:32 »

They,ve had a big flashing tree and now a huge advertising board flashing. If a statue tips them over the edge i will be shocked Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: