Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 144120 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1230 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 15:54:21 »

New minutes on website

Actually readable

Someone else can summarise
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #1231 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 15:57:27 »

Aka the "Meeting with O’Dwyer Ground Works" minutes

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #1232 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 16:09:40 »

Have to say that the minutes in the new format are so much better. kudos where due.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1233 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 16:14:26 »

Probably like that fella fixing up Fawlty Towers

‘I will, I will, I will’
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1234 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 16:17:02 »

Mr O'Reilly
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1235 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 16:20:21 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/siteassets/2023-24/advisory-board-minutes/advisory-board-meeting-minutes-29.01.24.pdf

CM has acknowledged that is very likely that he will have to invest at least another £1m into the club each season to mitigate club losses, he has budgeted for this. The club are working through each revenue stream with the aim of becoming sustainable in approx. 2 years’ time.

ST prices frozen

Matchday adult prices down from £27 to £24

Looking to reduce categories to 6 or 7 (do we have significantly more now?)

Formal ST launch end of Feb/early March

Car Park Lease Agreement (Arranged with Power) . We have issued a response but not heard back. The company are suing the club for £60k for loss of income & set up costs. This is ongoing with the respective legal representatives from each side.

From next season advisory board will be every two months rather than monthly (at least, I assume they meant bimonthly in that direction). In the 'off' months Clem will give a video update to the club website.

This question reproduced unchanged and without comment beyond  

Why are the clubs view on some of the online fans that seem to want to continually berate and attack the club and do they know why they do this?, We all know times are tough and things have not been good on the pitch but it seems counterproductive as fans to behave in this way.

I have been watching town for over 40 years and both myself and people who sit around me in the DRS are disgusted to see this sort of behavior and anger and I wondered if the club had reached out to these fans and groups to speak to them to understand their reasons and anger? They hide online but if the club offered them the chance to speak personally in the
club I bet they would turn it down as they would have nothing to moan about then. This must be impacting the players on the pitch and as fans we need to support the players in my view, there is nothing wrong with outlining frustrations and opinions in the right way but some of the language tone and disgraceful attacks and bullying behavior towards club employees and also even some fans witnessed is simply unacceptable. I feel these people need to discuss their anger with the club hierarchy and a resolution found ASAP for the good for the club.

The first three questions in the Q&A section were mine, they were answered broadly as expected although without any new information. These two questions were not answered:

4. Whilst I understand this (the most recently published accounts) covers a period that completed nearly two years ago and that contained the Manchester City FA Cup game, how have we gone from being a profitable club to needing £1.1m investment to cover 5 months trading in the period since?

5. I presume that all unfavourable commercial deals that Clem Morfuni and Anthony Hall have referred to were agreed under the previous owners of the club. If so, they're reflected in the 2021/22 accounts: have the terms become less favourable in some way since then?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 16:24:21 by Nemo » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1236 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 16:21:34 »

What’s this car park all about?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1237 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 16:37:37 »

"CM has acknowledged that is very likely that he will have to invest at least
another £1m into the club each season to mitigate club losses, he has
budgeted for this"

"The Club is looking to invest further into the pitch in the close season to
enable it to be used more regularly. We would like to have the women
and academy teams playing more often at the CG next season and also
want to avoid games being called off. We are considering various options
including stitching the pitch and under soil heating."

The under soil heating thing must be a laugh?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1238 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 16:41:28 »

Absolutely no chance they will pay for undersoil heating
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1239 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 16:45:46 »

All joking aside, and of course there are the usual nonsensicals, these minutes and the replies to the questions do appear to be slightly more thorough and dare I say more 'human'. Fair play.

Nice to see the bike rack make another appearance.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1240 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 16:46:58 »

Chalkies is going to absolutely wet his pants at the question about the online fans! What a hoot! 

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1241 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 16:53:25 »

Chalkies is going to absolutely wet his pants at the question about the online fans! What a hoot! 

It's a bizarre thing to be put in there. I wonder if Mr Hall wrote it whilst on the naughty step and having some precious reflection time  Hmmm

#YouMakeYourBedYouHaveToSleepInIt

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1242 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 16:55:58 »

They hide online but some of them turn up and speak at fans forums and we don't like that either.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #1243 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 17:12:31 »

Probably like that fella fixing up Fawlty Towers

‘I will, I will, I will’

" I mean, we've waited for that wall about as long as Hadrian. "
AKA - the Stratton Bank roof

I come from a land down-under
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1244 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 17:19:33 »

Will somebody just fucking give them a bike rack - it's been mothballed now!

Now - I will say I have not been in the Legends Lounge in a long time, so it may well be needing urgent work.  However, if it remains as I remember it, what on earth are they dribbling on about spending money on that area of the ground?  If you want to develop the ground and create new revenue, would it not be better to be identifying ways to invest Capital elsewhere.  You know, to create something new, additional, incremental?  This and the fact it has taken three decades to install a statue (I know, exaggeration) and the wistful talk of weekends spent marveling the under soil heating at a L2 club in the South of England, hardly inspire much confidence in the group supposedly pulling together a Master Plan for investment in the ground (oh, and the fucking bike rack, A BIKE RACK!).
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: