Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vile v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 58321 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 16:13:40 »

Jimmy, you might want to watch the footage yourself. It appeared to me the ball boy was giving the ball back to Conroy and Clarke tried to stop him.
Yep he's essentially tried to nut Conroy and probably scared the shit out of that kid as well.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Trollope’s Left Foot

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 17:44:01 »

The FA manage the laws of the game. On the night, PV manager received the sanction of a red card for his actions. Regardless of what the TEF public think, the laws were enforced by the referee and that will probably be the end of it- possible touchline ban for him???
The CPS are very reluctant to become involved in prosecuting offences on a football field as they are covered by the laws of the game and any sanctions deemed fit- yellow/red card, suspensions and in extreme cases, bans from the game for the most serious offences (prevalent at local level for offences of violence/serious assault). If a player/manager has been dealt with by the FA, then for the Police/CPS to become involved is seen as double jeopardy.
Can the Police/CPS investigate/prosecute without a victim complaint? Yes- murder and domestic violence are good examples. Would they look at the Clarke/Conroy incident? I very much doubt it. That kind of behaviour (sadly) happens across most towns at weekends at closing time and unless there were extenuating circumstances, would be dealt with by common sense on the part of the Police- verbal warning/fixed penalty notice.

I served in the Police for 30 years and retired a few years ago.
 I still play football competitively and am a qualified referee and try to see things from all perspectives.

Pitch invasions- don’t get it.
Throwing objects at players- don’t get it.
Flares being let off-don’t get it.
Shithousery on the pitch by any players/managers- don’t get it- just get on with it and win using skill and tactics.

Thursday looked like one performance too many. Let’s get on with supporting the club, players and fellow supporters.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 17:50:36 »

I am going to make the trite observation that gets trotted out periodically- you don't get that type of behaviour at rugby union matches. 

Nothing to see here
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 17:53:42 »

What is it about football that supporters have to be so aggro? Even middle aged and elderly gents who should perhaps know better lose their sh*t over what are, in the grand scheme of things, minor events and occurrences.

Nothing to see here
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: Saturday, May 21, 2022, 18:44:13 »

FTR, I wasn't giving Fuzzy grief. More highlighting that on the TEF (and poss wider social media) it can be very easy to dig a hole even when talking some sense. For an easier life I felt it's better the spade is put to one side and a brew had or something Smiley
I wasn't meaning you (I don't think). There was some stuff a few pages back that I initially bit my tongue on. Then, we seemed to be going that way again.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #965 on: Sunday, May 22, 2022, 09:31:35 »

I am going to make the trite observation that gets trotted out periodically- you don't get that type of behaviour at rugby union matches. 
I call bollocks.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/brutal-fight-erupts-rugby-crowd-23951928

https://inews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/rugby-league-crowd-trouble-super-league-championship-anti-social-behaviour-fights-flares-1565413

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/welsh-police-rant-about-nightmare-rugby-fans-being-worse-than-football-supporters-42765

HTH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: Sunday, May 22, 2022, 09:45:27 »

Super League is RL.

Not sure a handful of incidents found by a quick Google search are of much assistance on that point.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: Sunday, May 22, 2022, 09:57:35 »

I wasn't meaning you (I don't think). There was some stuff a few pages back that I initially bit my tongue on. Then, we seemed to be going that way again.

Yeah. Was mostly (poss selfishly) covering my own arse in case of getting dragged into a future potential spat (not necessary by yourself) but I thought it best to mention that sometimes even when someone has a sound opinion/approach, others still might not be able to absorb that POV at that particular time. Understandably so if they feel a certain misjudgement has occured. Sometimes we all need to take stock, take a step back, look at the wider parts and ultimately take a few moments to breathe Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #968 on: Sunday, May 22, 2022, 10:06:19 »

Super League is RL.

Not sure a handful of incidents found by a quick Google search are of much assistance on that point.

The last link is union.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: Sunday, May 22, 2022, 10:13:30 »

Would they look at the Clarke/Conroy incident? I very much doubt it. That kind of behaviour (sadly) happens...

I think the OP "CWIG" (I think) was referring to an incident regarding some young children and a female who were physically attacked at the match. Their main concern being that it appeared the duty plod didn't seem to be concerned that the incident had occured right in front of them.

When asking on here if that was correct, Fuzzy (former plod like yourself) responded in what was possibly the "official" answer and possibly with a little bit of outdated opinion regarding victims having to report crimes for there to be a case. Things then got a little "ACAB"-ish as for CWIG this obviously wasn't what they wanted to hear having likely witnessed said incident. Fuzzy, of course kept an official type of stance and I think this is the key point...it's possible a little empathy was lost amongst the officialness. Now I'm pretty certain that empathy doesn't prevent crime or appear too many times in many law book but I think it can go a long way when it comes to preventing an escalated scenario.

Whilst being technically correct is great, sometimes it's right to be humanly correct too. This is where I think things got a bit muddy and bleh. Hence me suggesting that an exercise in continued hole digging (even if technically correct for the most part) wouldn't be the best course of action at that moment in time Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: Sunday, May 22, 2022, 10:14:11 »

The last link is union.

I would suggest that one report probably doesn't equate with decades' worth of (continuing) disorder.

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman

« Reply #971 on: Sunday, May 22, 2022, 10:14:54 »

Super League is RL.

I disagree.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #972 on: Sunday, May 22, 2022, 10:15:36 »

The last link is union.
you are right but rugby is rugby.

JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #973 on: Sunday, May 22, 2022, 10:17:53 »

I disagree.

Ok I have no desire to have any impact on the view you hold on this topic.  The contrast is night and day.

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman

« Reply #974 on: Sunday, May 22, 2022, 10:20:19 »

I would suggest that one report probably doesn't equate with decades' worth of (continuing) disorder.

http://en.espn.co.uk/europeanchallenge/rugby/image/96153.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2022/04/07/time-separate-fans-embrace-away-ends-rugby/

https://www.ruck.co.uk/police-launch-scathing-attack-on-rugby-fans/

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2018-03-20/calls-to-crackdown-on-drunk-fans-at-rugby-match-days

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=127328

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/ashton-gate-bans-varsity-fixtures-29188

https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/comments/b381bd/are_rugby_fans_pretentious_unpopular_opinion/

Is that enough?

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66   Go Up
Print
Jump to: