Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 73229 times)
TownEnder

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Saturday, May 14, 2022, 11:40:40 »

Got it sorted now. Have the name of local bar and I have set up VPN. Oddly I can’t watch live tv via yhe sky sports app but can watch sky sports on the sky go app.

Thanks for all the help / suggestions.
It better not be a total let down of a game now
But ....    This is the Swindon we all love and know.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #511 on: Saturday, May 14, 2022, 11:41:04 »

A few more posts some make fair points, but not all.

Been to Swindon once before for a Saturday 3pm. Not the easiest trip and not exactly a glamorous one, Man City away it definitely isn’t, was very expensive (relative to other away days) and we don’t have a fantastic record there. I think selling c.2,000 for a Sunday midday on Sky is not a bad effort at all tbh, especially given some of the away trips we’ve had recently with big followings at Hartlepool, Walsall (ok only down the road), Salford (ditto) and Exeter.

Have no idea which PV (or Swindle for that matter) will turn up tomorrow, I just really hope we’ve learned the lessons from the home game when we were run ragged 1st half even before the sending off. The midfield is a bit of a concern though.

No doubt this is the more important game , but not as desirable to attend in person for some.

It’s on a Sunday , on sky , 12 kick off , no direct train , not a good night out after , these are things fans I guess take into consideration when travelling away.

I don’t blame anyone who puts feeding their family ahead of going the game.

Is it me or has there been around 500 tickets avaliable for like 3 days. A mystery. Thought we'd sell these out in hours. Obs we ain't as big as we think and definitely don't need a loyalty scheme. Surprised they even made it too general sale and with an hour to go they still are.

We really should be selling out, we can dress it up as much as we like.

I think you’re missing the point.  Quite simply some fans aren’t going because it’s easy not to due to TV coverage.  Simple as that.

We may well sell out but if not over 2000 and close to a sell out is superb considering its on the telly, is an open end with no roof and therefore no atmosphere, you'll get soaked, is in bloody Swindon, is an early kick off on a Sunday, and is just generally going to be a crap experience. We have the bigger game on Thursday at home that everyone is paying to go to so, unless you're a bit barmy, the majority will be watching this one on the box. I'm one of them. To be honest you won't get me going to Swindon away ever again, not even if my life depended on it, I'd throw the towel in - never again.

Why is everyone banging on about a cost of living crisis? Cost of living is lower in Stoke on Trent than almost anywhere in the country. That's not the reason people aren't going. It's geography, the time, and the fact that half these "poor" people you refer to pay hundreds every year on sky sports.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Saturday, May 14, 2022, 11:54:21 »

They keep harping on about averaging nearly as many away fans as us this season.

So, give no fucks
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #513 on: Saturday, May 14, 2022, 11:55:35 »

They keep harping on about averaging nearly as many away fans as us this season.
Again.. They are replying to some really childish ticket shit from our lot all over twitter
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Saturday, May 14, 2022, 11:56:46 »

Again.. They are replying to some really childish ticket shit from our lot all over twitter

Ah right I didn't t know the kids were playing elsewhere

So, give no fucks
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Saturday, May 14, 2022, 12:01:11 »

Oddly I can’t watch live tv via yhe sky sports app but can watch sky sports on the sky go app.

Ha, on my data with location turned off I'm the exact opposite in France.  Glad you're sorted though.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Saturday, May 14, 2022, 12:10:29 »

This all kicked off from them moaning about a small allocation before ticket details had even been announced. Their fans then kicked off that we only gave them 2,200 when they would easily have sold the full 3,300. As it transpires even 2,200 was optimistic and was obvious to anyone given the kick off time and day of the week that they would struggle to shift that number of tickets. Vale fans have walked into this and deserve a bit of baiting as you can’t moan about an allocation and then not sell what you have been given.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Saturday, May 14, 2022, 12:12:42 »

Ref tomorrow : Ross Joyce. Not a name I remember, which is good.

there will also be goal line technology in use
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #518 on: Saturday, May 14, 2022, 12:17:53 »

He reffed our home game with Bradford the 3-1 defeat earlier in the season.

He has dished out 92 yellows and 7 reds in his 29 games this season in all leagues. An average of 22 fouls given per game and 3 pens.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Saturday, May 14, 2022, 12:19:33 »

No issue with goal line tech, it’s instant and should be in place at all grounds anyway.

VAR in the final however if we get there, no thanks. The players have no experience playing in matches where it is used so can’t just be used in the biggest game of the season. It does impact the flow and dynamic of the game and would likely cause more issue than it would solve.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Saturday, May 14, 2022, 12:27:37 »

VAR is wank, agreed
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Saturday, May 14, 2022, 13:20:12 »

A few more posts some make fair points, but not all.

I get their points that it’s a shitty time & day & on TV

Still the play offs though & it can’t be any more than 120 miles. Which isn’t exactly an insurmountable distance to travel on a Sunday. Up at half 7 on the road for 8 and you’d be here by half 10 ish.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Saturday, May 14, 2022, 14:06:56 »

Due to the wife being ill I have 1x adult ticket for tomorrow available at face price, downside is you've got to sit next to me the whole game.

First come first served!

Bumping this as I think it's got lost amongst the away game chatter
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Saturday, May 14, 2022, 14:18:39 »

I get their points that it’s a shitty time & day & on TV

Still the play offs though & it can’t be any more than 120 miles. Which isn’t exactly an insurmountable distance to travel on a Sunday. Up at half 7 on the road for 8 and you’d be here by half 10 ish.

Google says 104 miles so not that far on a quiet Sunday morning

So, give no fucks
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Saturday, May 14, 2022, 14:40:17 »

123 miles from Vale Park to CG.
Could be less than 2 hrs fairly early on a Sunday morning.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: