Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Board Minutes  (Read 9637 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #60 on: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 23:25:51 »

Well it would help if you actually came out and said what you know/have been told, rather than talking in fucking riddles all the time.

Fat chance of that. Trick is to ignore it all and wait for something to happen as predicted, which is generally in the  1% territory.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 06:16:31 »

Interesting in the minutes that c. 850 tickets are given away to schools and youth teams etc for each home game.

That's great for the future interest in the club which Lee Power refused to do but when talking about budgets on 9-10K gates it needs to be factored that nearly 10% are freebie tickets.

Add to that the discounted £10 nationwide tickets (£1 for kids) which I’d guess would be a similar figure to the freebies.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 07:19:46 »

We have done this in the loan market since as long as i can remember why all of a sudden is this an issue. The season we went up last time was nearly derailed by players being recalled

It’s not an issue if it’s mixed up with experience and contracted players.
After all the club will maximise returns with sell on clauses and transfer fees when bigger clubs come knocking on the door for its sought after players.
We need to drastically improve in this area.

Equally not always the biggest budgets rise to the very top.
Accrington Stanley won the league two title on a playing budget of £950k. Andy Holt their Chairman told me that directly thus no reason not to doubt.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 08:59:54 »

Playing budget is being increased so we can put that one to bed.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #64 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 09:30:39 »

That will not be what people want to hear silly
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 09:35:57 »

I assume the embargo will also be consigned to history as well?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 10:33:12 »

I assume the embargo will also be consigned to history as well?

Yep should be done by over end of June.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 11:16:42 »

Nice one, cheers.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 11:45:20 »

Quote from: Tails

that's great. Where did you hear it. Press Conference?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 12:41:11 »

Don't believe you, your post is nowhere near cryptic enough.  Wink
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 13:25:48 »

that's great. Where did you hear it. Press Conference?

Chat with Rob A!
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 14:14:22 »

Like some have said, we have Tony Tucker to thank for being super cynical but one thing that bothers me a tad (and maybe it's just a nag but it does bother me all the same) is just how much it seems that the Trust are now in bed with the club. All Press Releases tend to often be coming to the defence of the club and supporting the excuses carefully worded reasoning. It's often not particularly an independent report or becomes devoid of heading back to ask critical questions again. It's as if Rob Angus' (in his role as STFC CEO) word is enough with no comebacks. For me that's a potentially dangerous place to be in and how the Trust plays its role going forward.

The comms are welcomed of course (relative to the previous incumbent charlatan) but the role shouldn't just be for the Trust to end up being a conduit for the club's party line to be promoted further; otherwise they might as well just rebrand as the STFC Spokesperson Trust or something?!

I think they know full well everything isn't tickety boo but are saving face atm (much like their former Vice-Chair)

I totally get that at the time they were pressured somewhat to pick a side from the lesser of two evils of either Power (who stopped comms altogether) or Clem (who opened his arms like a loving mafia papa) but that doesn't mean the Trust need to be brown-nosing Clem in some form of perpetual appeasement or does it?

Bamboo, you are right... The Trust is working closely with the club and is on the same page with a number of aspects, philosophies, and visions. However, I can assure you that the Trust put their two cents worth of feedback on behalf of the fanbase on a number of aspects. However, Clem does own 100% of the club and has the right to listen or make his own decisions. Nonetheless, if there is something that the Trust feels like it needs to call out behind closed doors or publicly like #NoPowerFanPower, we will take the appropriate action to do so.

Admittedly, in my opinion, the Trust can be better in being more transparent and open with the fanbase about what we see, hear and discuss with the club. However, there has to be an understanding that due to various circumstances, not everything can be shared as publicly as we'd all like them to be, again for various reasons.

With the new appointments to the board, including myself being successful in my appointment to the Board for the Trust, there is more capacity to start various initiatives. This includes myself working on initiatives to increase fan engagement, trust, integrity and transparency with our fanbase and membership but this just takes time to bed in, setup and make progress on. I appreciate everyone wants it to have been done yesterday, myself included, but the reality is it doesn't work like that.

As for the club, from my limited perspective right now, there is a lot of focus on still clearing up the legacy from the last regime. The debt has come down massively and there is still more to be paid. However, paying the debt off is the easy part, rebuilding the foundations, the process and the inner machine of the club is a much bigger task. Trust Board Members are helping where we can, with our professional expertise being offered to the club for free where needed and requested.

But yes, we're working with the club closer than we have been before but that does not mean that the Trust is an official spokesperson for the club. The Trust is for the fans, to represent the fans and if there are critical questions that you want answers to, send me a DM. If I can't answer it myself, I'll find someone who can and come back to you.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 14:30:47 »

Like some have said, we have Tony Tucker to thank for being super cynical but one thing that bothers me a tad (and maybe it's just a nag but it does bother me all the same) is just how much it seems that the Trust are now in bed with the club. All Press Releases tend to often be coming to the defence of the club and supporting the excuses carefully worded reasoning. It's often not particularly an independent report or becomes devoid of heading back to ask critical questions again. It's as if Rob Angus' (in his role as STFC CEO) word is enough with no comebacks. For me that's a potentially dangerous place to be in and how the Trust plays its role going forward.

The comms are welcomed of course (relative to the previous incumbent charlatan) but the role shouldn't just be for the Trust to end up being a conduit for the club's party line to be promoted further; otherwise they might as well just rebrand as the STFC Spokesperson Trust or something?!

I think they know full well everything isn't tickety boo but are saving face atm (much like their former Vice-Chair)

I totally get that at the time they were pressured somewhat to pick a side from the lesser of two evils of either Power (who stopped comms altogether) or Clem (who opened his arms like a loving mafia papa) but that doesn't mean the Trust need to be brown-nosing Clem in some form of perpetual appeasement or does it?

The trust has a new enlarged board many if whom don't have any prior relationships with existing/previous board members, Rob or Clem, so we should see a bit more distance.  That said it is a partnership and should be a friendly respectful one and so singing off the same hymn sheet shouldn't necessarily be seen as a bad thing.

Anyone - even yourself bamboo - could apply if they feel the trust isn't doing its job properly, it might mean you have less time to write your monologues though  Cheesy

The way I see it, getting rid of Power and getting the ownership of the ground is a huge achievement for a group of volunteers.   Things can always be done better but we are in a much better place now than we were 12 or 24 months ago.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 14:32:15 »

That will be great news.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 19:56:49 »

Bamboo, you are right... The Trust is working closely with the club and is on the same page with a number of aspects, philosophies, and visions. However, I can assure you that the Trust put their two cents worth of feedback on behalf of the fanbase on a number of aspects. However, Clem does own 100% of the club and has the right to listen or make his own decisions. Nonetheless, if there is something that the Trust feels like it needs to call out behind closed doors or publicly like #NoPowerFanPower, we will take the appropriate action to do so.

Admittedly, in my opinion, the Trust can be better in being more transparent and open with the fanbase about what we see, hear and discuss with the club. However, there has to be an understanding that due to various circumstances, not everything can be shared as publicly as we'd all like them to be, again for various reasons.

With the new appointments to the board, including myself being successful in my appointment to the Board for the Trust, there is more capacity to start various initiatives. This includes myself working on initiatives to increase fan engagement, trust, integrity and transparency with our fanbase and membership but this just takes time to bed in, setup and make progress on. I appreciate everyone wants it to have been done yesterday, myself included, but the reality is it doesn't work like that.

As for the club, from my limited perspective right now, there is a lot of focus on still clearing up the legacy from the last regime. The debt has come down massively and there is still more to be paid. However, paying the debt off is the easy part, rebuilding the foundations, the process and the inner machine of the club is a much bigger task. Trust Board Members are helping where we can, with our professional expertise being offered to the club for free where needed and requested.

But yes, we're working with the club closer than we have been before but that does not mean that the Trust is an official spokesperson for the club. The Trust is for the fans, to represent the fans and if there are critical questions that you want answers to, send me a DM. If I can't answer it myself, I'll find someone who can and come back to you.

Can’t get any fairer than that 👍
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: