Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Board Minutes  (Read 9581 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 18:53:43 »

For all the transparency, does anyone actually know what this season’s budgie was?

A Trill-ion?  Smiley
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 19:14:46 »

(assuming this is correct info, obviously)

Reduced terms from when we were in more shit and under embargo.

Does anyone know how much of a shortfall we had this season that Clem needed to make up. I get that he's not rich.

As far as I can see from 1000 mile view we have
   - 1M to pay back **this season**
   - 500K for the ground purchase
   - 500K potential litigation (able, contract disputes)
   - 900K (haven't checked tbf) further debtd to pay off next 2/

What do you reckon out income is 2-3.5M, matbe a bit more.

*Potentially* I can see why you either need deep pockets or drastic budget control.

Not quite the consolidate this season, push on next we were lead to believe.

But we do still ave a club (tm), and while that's true there is always hope.

Average league 2 income in 19/20 was about £4m on about 4,800 crowds, which Bradford distorts.

I reckon we'd be c£6m revenue this year, at least, which is comparable to an AVG league 1 club.   I'd be amazed if playing budget is cut as we were told the embargo limited us to an average league 2 budget. <1m.
It makes no sense to consolidate in this league. In league 1 you are 1 good season away from the championship, in league 2 you are a bad season away from non-league, which is a bitch to recover from.

Perhaps they are haggling with agents, but I don't see how a third season in league 2 would be anything other than disaster, crowds just won't hang around that long.   They never have before.

If we get promoted and kick on they just might.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 19:28:35 »

I was just trying to take the piss out of DoB…. Clearly not as amusing as I thought it was.

You keep taking the piss or you like.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 19:30:16 »

really, that's much higher than I thought pookemon
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 19:33:32 »

What would happen if a miracle happened and we did go up this season if we're skint now.

Standing would be looking for more cut price kids on loan.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 19:38:41 »

Garnerball with lower quality players than we have now doesn’t bear thinking about.

More chance of getting relegated next season than this.

Just will have to wait and see close season.
Can only hope we don’t lose the crowd momentum this season. Agents are already priming league two budgets.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 19:43:13 »

Sadly that would make us one of the relegation favourites if we couldn't add a few permanent quality players.

So, give no fucks
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 19:50:29 »

really, that's much higher than I thought pookemon

League 2 total revenues have been fairly static at £91m pre covid anyway so £3.7m on average
League 1 in 19/20 was heavily distorted by sunderland's £30m revenue which included a parachute payment from EPL - and they still didn't go up!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 20:00:54 »

Standing?

He’s not involved anymore?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 20:09:00 »

Sadly that would make us one of the relegation favourites if we couldn't add a few permanent quality players.

It’s a bit of a lottery.
Unfortunately we lost our “loan team” mid season and as a result were weaker and less prepared the second half of the season.
Not convinced by this “development and making other clubs players better” statements that we are making.
Prepared to give this season the benefit of doubt due to the inherent problems and lack of preparation at the beginning of the season but expecting the club to move forward on the pitch close season.
Our fans deserve more for supporting through the turnstiles. Until the off field issues are fully transparent and concluded the dark clouds are never far away.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 20:38:48 »

You keep taking the piss or you like.

Well it would help if you actually came out and said what you know/have been told, rather than talking in fucking riddles all the time.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #56 on: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 21:28:31 »

It’s a bit of a lottery.
Unfortunately we lost our “loan team” mid season and as a result were weaker and less prepared the second half of the season.
Not convinced by this “development and making other clubs players better” statements that we are making.
Prepared to give this season the benefit of doubt due to the inherent problems and lack of preparation at the beginning of the season but expecting the club to move forward on the pitch close season.
Our fans deserve more for supporting through the turnstiles. Until the off field issues are fully transparent and concluded the dark clouds are never far away.

We have done this in the loan market since as long as i can remember why all of a sudden is this an issue. The season we went up last time was nearly derailed by players being recalled
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 21:39:29 »

Interesting that the Advert claims the debt level at the club has now reduced and with all things being equal would sound excellent if correct.

Without any worthwhile historical financial accounts the club's current management must be running blind and waiting for the next issue to work through.

Like a previous message noted... Not sure who is owning the club either.

The amount of undocumented side deals that were going on previously and besides the fact that only LP going there does seem to be similar faces around the table  Sad

Real shame about the possibility of promotion this year  Bad Mood  

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 22:25:46 »

Like some have said, we have Tony Tucker to thank for being super cynical but one thing that bothers me a tad (and maybe it's just a nag but it does bother me all the same) is just how much it seems that the Trust are now in bed with the club. All Press Releases tend to often be coming to the defence of the club and supporting the excuses carefully worded reasoning. It's often not particularly an independent report or becomes devoid of heading back to ask critical questions again. It's as if Rob Angus' (in his role as STFC CEO) word is enough with no comebacks. For me that's a potentially dangerous place to be in and how the Trust plays its role going forward.

The comms are welcomed of course (relative to the previous incumbent charlatan) but the role shouldn't just be for the Trust to end up being a conduit for the club's party line to be promoted further; otherwise they might as well just rebrand as the STFC Spokesperson Trust or something?!

I think they know full well everything isn't tickety boo but are saving face atm (much like their former Vice-Chair)

I totally get that at the time they were pressured somewhat to pick a side from the lesser of two evils of either Power (who stopped comms altogether) or Clem (who opened his arms like a loving mafia papa) but that doesn't mean the Trust need to be brown-nosing Clem in some form of perpetual appeasement or does it?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 22:30:37 »

Interesting in the minutes that c. 850 tickets are given away to schools and youth teams etc for each home game.

That's great for the future interest in the club which Lee Power refused to do but when talking about budgets on 9-10K gates it needs to be factored that nearly 10% are freebie tickets.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: