Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29064 times)
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Sunday, March 20, 2022, 09:56:23 »

Reed is always in the centre circle looking for the ball. It’s what he does all game.
Not yesterday obviously.

Perhaps I should’ve said when reed drops deeper to pick up the ball. There’s no one central for him to pass it to. Whereas with 2 other CMs you’d expect him to have that option.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, March 20, 2022, 10:40:41 »

Perhaps I should’ve said when reed drops deeper to pick up the ball. There’s no one central for him to pass it to. Whereas with 2 other CMs you’d expect him to have that option.

Oh yeah, huge lack of movement and availability from any of the midfielders when Reed drops back and picks up the ball. Inevitably it ends up going to a defender.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Sunday, March 20, 2022, 11:10:31 »

I don't agree with 5-3-2 being better than 4-3-3 (that's how I see it) for us

with 5-3-2 we served to endlessly piss around passing around the back either going nowhere it cocking up.

we still do that, but imo far less.

that said, there's no reason not to mix it up l. And to be fair we have a bit switching between the 2.

yesterday was just one of those frustrating days at both ends
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #348 on: Sunday, March 20, 2022, 11:57:41 »

with 5-3-2 we served to endlessly piss around passing around the back either going nowhere it cocking up.

that said, there's no reason not to mix it up l. And to be fair we have a bit switching between the 2.

100%

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #349 on: Sunday, March 20, 2022, 12:41:26 »

Be interested to see how true that actually is. Looks like we are losing just as many games and winning just as many. There seems to be this weird idea that we were struggling with the previous formation when we were probably around the same position in the league
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Sunday, March 20, 2022, 12:42:39 »

Not too downhearted after that.
Losing when creating chances is a bit better than losing and not creating anything.

A couple of weeks to sort things out and maybe have one or two available again for Rochdale.
Still in the hunt for a top three finish but need to make sure of a play off spot first.

Have a feeling that Rovers, at least, might be peaking too early.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Sunday, March 20, 2022, 13:33:28 »

Not too downhearted after that.
Losing when creating chances is a bit better than losing and not creating anything.

A couple of weeks to sort things out and maybe have one or two available again for Rochdale.
Still in the hunt for a top three finish but need to make sure of a play off spot first.

Have a feeling that Rovers, at least, might be peaking too early.

Agree, totally, should have easily won 3:0, but individual errors cost us.  Also, with six first-teamers out, there was a much weakened bench.  Two weeks to get players back and work on defense for the run-in.  Tranmere away was a blessing in disguise, yesterday might be as well. We have to play on end of season pitches, must learn to adapt to inferior surfaces.  Reed missing lowers confidence in the rest of the team, have to counter that for Rochdale,  Yes, East had a decent game, he's not the problem.  Finally, no player out for a post-match interview, hopefully they were having a good row, words needed to be said.  Finally, cut out the stupid diving, stay on your feet!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, March 20, 2022, 13:45:48 »

Be interested to see how true that actually is. Looks like we are losing just as many games and winning just as many. There seems to be this weird idea that we were struggling with the previous formation when we were probably around the same position in the league

I think if you probably looked overall our record with each formation probably don’t differ that much.
We need tailed off under the 352 hence the change and the switch to 433 gave us a bit of a spring…but…I imagine overall you’re right, very similar records.

The Colchester and Exeter collapses didn’t help the 352. Win both of those and no ones asking for a change anyway
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #353 on: Sunday, March 20, 2022, 14:57:46 »

Swindon defeats this season (all comps) and formations played.

4-3-3
Swindon 1-3 Bradford
Crawley  3-1 Swindon
Swindon 1-2 Carlisle
Swindon 1-2 Port Vale
Swindon 1-2 Salford

3-5-2
Swindon  1-4 Man City
L Orient   4-1 Swindon
Mansfield 3-2 Swindon
Tranmere 3-0 Swindon
Exeter C  3-1 Swindon
Barrow    2-0 Swindon
Swindon  1-2 Exeter
Swindon  1-2 Colchester

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, March 20, 2022, 19:09:09 »

needs P W D L F A

Smiley
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Sunday, March 20, 2022, 19:13:41 »

Played 13 in total😀

So, give no fucks
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, March 20, 2022, 21:22:33 »

Still right in the mix. Seem some odd comments in the last couple of days. We lost and a shit result but created a lot of chances and could have easily won. Just got to keep going and put points on the board. Think we're good enough to get in the playoffs
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, March 20, 2022, 22:35:49 »

I think we're top 3 without injuries & suspensions just need a couple back for Rochdale and to cut out needless bookings.

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Monday, March 21, 2022, 06:16:59 »

Seems to me and forgetting the ‘look where we were etc’ that we have proved to be a far better team in both halves of the season even with the forced changes than we dared hope for. Therefore I suspect we’re all guilty up to a point of building our hopes up that we could escape this shitty league at the first attempt against all the odds. Clearly it is not going to be that cut and dried, aint football a funny old game? Who said that? 🤔

The calorifically challenged xx person (for you younger folks) identifying as a microwave oven has not started to sing yet but is warming up in the wings. The autos may turn out to be a bridge to far but the lottery of the PO’s are there for the taking.

We now have two weeks free of competitive action to train, train, train, get our fitness numbers back up to strength and watch how the other teams fare.
Don’t you just love this game?
« Last Edit: Monday, March 21, 2022, 06:19:10 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Monday, March 21, 2022, 08:29:09 »

If there's one thing consistent about us this season, it's inconsistency. You could flip a coin to guess our results each game. Away form was good in the first half of the season and you could bet we were going to probably get a result. Now, I have no idea week to week.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: