Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: War in Europe  (Read 49980 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 09:22:41 »

Apparently, the trajectory of where the missile landed makes it almost very difficult/nigh on impossible to have been from Russia itself. If that's the case then the 2 options that spring to my mind are;

Ukraine fired the missile as an attempt to get NATO to act against Russia or Russian forces fired the missile from Ukranian territory as an attempt to get Ukraine in the bad books with NATO.

Or other scenarios that are probably obvious, but I haven't taken into consideration.

I wonder whether it was an accidental fuck up on the Ukrainian side, I note the BBC are reporting 'The Nato military alliance, which Poland is part of, is holding a meeting in Brussels - it has called what happened a "tragic incident"'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 09:26:15 »

I wonder whether it was an accidental fuck up on the Ukrainian side, I note the BBC are reporting 'The Nato military alliance, which Poland is part of, is holding a meeting in Brussels - it has called what happened a "tragic incident"'

Of course a tragic accident could of course be another scenario. Wasn't it reported that the missile was 'Russian made'? I'm sure both sides are hurriedly preparing their own version of events so the actual truth will be difficult to decipher. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 09:32:23 »

Ukraine use Russian made kit as well.
Missiles have been fired from Belarus and also from aircraft.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 09:47:24 »

Ukraine use Russian made kit as well.
Missiles have been fired from Belarus and also from aircraft.

You see, this is what I love about the TEF, every day can be a school day Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 10:13:58 »

well, it could always be Ukrainian air defence trying to shoot down Russian missiles but missing .

Glad initial reports were premature
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 10:20:27 »

well, it could always be Ukrainian air defence trying to shoot down Russian missiles but missing .

Glad initial reports were premature

Hope this is true, but the fact Zelensky came out so quickly and said “We have to respond”, almost talking on behalf of NATO, which he isn’t part of, was quite uncomfortable.
Certainly you had to wonder whether Ukraine had fired a Russian missile to get NATO involved, if that was proved to be the case where would that leave us.

From the Russian perspective, you would have thought they wouldn’t do anything deliberately to get NATO more involved, albeit Putin is a lunatic.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #321 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 10:25:50 »

albeit Putin is a lunatic.
Never a truer word spoken,

Can we just fast forward to where he shoots himself in the head in his Moscow bunker.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 10:26:40 »

Certainly you had to wonder whether Ukraine had fired a Russian missile to get NATO involved, if that was proved to be the case where would that leave us.

That would be lunacy.

If it were proven, you'd think Ukraine HQ would have to play the "rogue operative, disobeyed orders"  card to try and save face.

I think Russia are already claiming "it was them", but they always were going to regardless.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 11:35:40 »

From what's coming out now its likley the case that whatever has happened was a fuck up on a local level, and all, thankfully, seem to be trying to calm the rhetoric a little, albeit possibly you can understand Zelensky being a little on edge considering what he and his people have been facing for the last 9 months, with Russian missiles raining down on civilian areas of Kyiv yesterday.

Doesn't remove the fact that no one would be fucking around with missiles in this location if Russia hadn't decided to start waving its cock about, see also MH17! 
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 12:27:11 »

If NATO doesn’t want to escalate the conflict it’s no surprise they’ve decided to inform people it was all just a horrible accident.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 12:33:14 »

it probably was though. I doubt they are lying
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 16:08:25 »

Missile defence systems are deployed to intercept incoming missiles (Hi Grandma' have an egg).

If a system successfully does its job, there is a lot of broken missile falling out of the sky.

It could be that a Ukrainian defence system did its job but the shrapnel caused this damage?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 18:29:24 »

it probably was though. I doubt they are lying

Yeah, doubt even Putin is stupid enough to go all out vs a Nato country.

I hope.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 19:53:57 »

From what's coming out now its likley the case that whatever has happened was a fuck up on a local level, and all, thankfully, seem to be trying to calm the rhetoric a little, albeit possibly you can understand Zelensky being a little on edge considering what he and his people have been facing for the last 9 months, with Russian missiles raining down on civilian areas of Kyiv yesterday.

Doesn't remove the fact that no one would be fucking around with missiles in this location if Russia hadn't decided to start waving its cock about, see also MH17! 

Precisely. I highly doubt it was either intentional on the part of Russia or a false flag by Ukraine, doesn’t change the fact it’s Russia’s fault one way or the other by virtue of their pathetic attempts to invade Ukraine
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Friday, April 21, 2023, 08:30:06 »

Oops.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65344370
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: