Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: War in Europe  (Read 49958 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, March 6, 2022, 20:03:20 »

It is. Just as it was in Aleppo - bit further away and brown people so the west weren't as worried. Saudi have been bombing kids in Yemen and we have turned a blind eye and they are allowed to buy Newcastle FC. It's a horrible horrible business but the hypocrisy is really depressing. Don't have any answers,  all wars are evil - just a shame the UK has been involved in more than its fair share to be in any position to grab any moral high ground.

Fair point but I guess we will always follow the Yanks!

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, March 6, 2022, 20:05:38 »

the difference in this isn't so much skin colour as location and actors imo (which is oft wrong)

it's kicking off next to NATO countries, in Europe. And it's a nuclear aggressor
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, March 6, 2022, 21:34:24 »

The saying
"Between a rock and a hard place" springs to mind.
Surely, Putin has to be removed as soon as possible for the future of Russia and most possibly the World.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, March 6, 2022, 21:40:20 »

More immediately, I worry for Zelenskyy.  I admire him greatly.  He's doing things I never could.  He's a fucking legend of a man.  But the more of an icon he becomes, the more of an incentive there will be for horrible bastards working for Putin to take him out.  There's a huge price now on Zelenskyy's head.  If someone gets him, Ukrainian morale is going to suffer enormously

Supposedly there have already been multiple assassination attempts. I think it's too late now actually - if Putin has him killed now he becomes a martyr and the last thing Russia needs is a Ukranian Joan of Arc if they have any ambition of holding the country whatsoever. Not saying that Putin wouldn't still do it out of spite, but tactically it would seem a misstep (caveat: I am obviously a random observer on the internet thinking about historical precedent, not a military strategist or sociologist).
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, March 6, 2022, 23:35:48 »

It is. Just as it was in Aleppo - bit further away and brown people so the west weren't as worried. Saudi have been bombing kids in Yemen and we have turned a blind eye and they are allowed to buy Newcastle FC. It's a horrible horrible business but the hypocrisy is really depressing. Don't have any answers,  all wars are evil - just a shame the UK has been involved in more than its fair share to be in any position to grab any moral high ground.

Nailed it, pal.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #185 on: Monday, March 7, 2022, 07:51:48 »

Saudi have been bombing kids in Yemen and we have turned a blind eye

It's a little bit worse than that. We have been supplying the Saudis weapons and training their forces.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_involvement_in_the_Yemeni_Civil_War#United_Kingdom
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Monday, March 7, 2022, 09:01:42 »

Supposedly there have already been multiple assassination attempts. I think it's too late now actually - if Putin has him killed now he becomes a martyr and the last thing Russia needs is a Ukranian Joan of Arc if they have any ambition of holding the country whatsoever. Not saying that Putin wouldn't still do it out of spite, but tactically it would seem a misstep (caveat: I am obviously a random observer on the internet thinking about historical precedent, not a military strategist or sociologist).

This would be a PR disaster even in Russia where he controls the media surely? This man was the voice of Paddington in both movies throughout Russian speaking territories. Shooting Paddington has got to look bad even for Putin!

..never go back.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Monday, March 7, 2022, 10:38:16 »

It's a little bit worse than that. We have been supplying the Saudis weapons and training their forces.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_involvement_in_the_Yemeni_Civil_War#United_Kingdom

It's not a good look is it?
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Monday, March 7, 2022, 11:26:45 »

Moss
Your comments are right on the money.
One must also look at Iraq and pior to that Yugoslavia with the USA bombings.
Simply blood chilling.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #189 on: Monday, March 7, 2022, 16:28:19 »

It's not a good look is it?

Are we the baddies?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Monday, March 7, 2022, 16:40:52 »

I thought this thread was about war in Europe?
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Monday, March 7, 2022, 16:58:09 »

Are we the baddies?

I'm not, but the fuckers knowingly profiting from it, definitely.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Monday, March 7, 2022, 16:59:06 »

I think jayo is referencing the Mitchell & Webb sketch.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Monday, March 7, 2022, 17:55:57 »

I think jayo is referencing the Mitchell & Webb sketch.

Embarrassed
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Monday, March 7, 2022, 21:02:46 »

Are we the baddies?

For most of the conflicts in my lifetime it's fucking hard to make an argument for any of the participants to be the goodies. It tends to be the baddies vs the even fucking worsties.

..never go back.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: