Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: War in Europe  (Read 50851 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 11:42:14 »

I didn't put Putin down as the sensitive type!

I think the fact that they have been firing missiles into apartment blocks also rather dispels the suggestion.

The one strange thing has been why Russia didn't take steps to disable Ukrainian air forces before they put boots on the ground.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 11:51:57 »

I think the fact that they have been firing missiles into apartment blocks also rather dispels the suggestion.

The one strange thing has been why Russia didn't take steps to disable Ukrainian air forces before they put boots on the ground.

Maybe the missile that hit the apartment block went of course similar to when we were at war in Iraq. As you say it's mystifying why Russia didn't take out the Ukranian Air Force before enetering on foot and still surprising that there hasn't been a shock and awe response from Putin which may suggest his army isn't as strong as he proclaims excluding his Nuclear threats.

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 12:16:34 »

Roman Abramovich involved in ‘Peace talks’ with Ukraine

27th February: “Roman Abramovich has absolutely no connection to President Putin”.

28th February: “Roman Abramovich is using his close connections to President Putin to broker a peace deal between Russia & Ukraine”.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 12:51:46 »

Quote from: tans
Roman Abramovich involved in ‘Peace talks’ with Ukraine

did he take fried chicken?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 13:13:20 »

Apparently Ukraine requested that Abramovich be involved..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 13:18:31 »

I see our Foreign Secretary when not playing with her dressing up box and cosplaying has also managed to trigger Putin to start with the nuclear rhetoric....

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 13:33:58 »

Loath as I am to defend Liz Truss, I imagine the Kremlin spokesman is saying the thing he thinks will be most divisive, rather than providing an honest account of that situation.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 13:40:44 »

Loath as I am to defend Liz Truss, I imagine the Kremlin spokesman is saying the thing he thinks will be most divisive, rather than providing an honest account of that situation.

Possibly so, whatever way one looks at it her statements were at best pretty fucking stupid, if a British person had followed what she suggested possible they would have been committing a criminal offence under British law!
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 13:56:55 »

I don't think Putin gives a flying fuck what truss or any other British politician has to say. I don't think Putin gives a flying fuck what anyone other than Biden and his lot say.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 13:57:58 »

I see our Foreign Secretary when not playing with her dressing up box and cosplaying has also managed to trigger Putin to start with the nuclear rhetoric....

I really, really find stupefying that you believe this shit. Sometimes you come with some insightful stuff and I, yes I, find myself agreeing (psst, don’t tell the others), then you post this.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 14:00:23 »

It's on the main news channels LL.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 14:02:12 »

Quote from: 4D
It's on the main news channels LL.

I think he meant he doesn't believe the Kremlin when they say this was a reaction to Liz Truss.

She isn't the best tbh, but you can see his point
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 14:08:40 »

Ah OK.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 14:15:43 »

I think he meant he doesn't believe the Kremlin when they say this was a reaction to Liz Truss.

She isn't the best tbh, but you can see his point

Oh I can see his point entirely and don't disagree, but it just shows what a fucking shit show our leaders are when they are making stupid ill-informed statements which are easily grasped to inflame matters further, fuck sake if the Ruskies wanted to take it to its propaganda extreme they could argue she basically declared fucking war, whereas most would accept she is just showing that she really hasn't got a clue what she is doing!

Problem when all your statements are intended for a domestic audience only, rather ignoring that other countries speak English.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, February 28, 2022, 14:17:45 »

Recent events by Putin's Russia, and Europe's reactions, might re-kindle the pre-Brexit desire of elements of the European Union to form an integrated European Army, especially now with Germany's 2% of GDP on arms and fears abot NATO not being strong enough.

ust be the oldest
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: