Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Supermarine  (Read 717 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 10:08:32 »

Looking for a new manager if any of you wannabe managers out there fancy dipping your toe in the water.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 11:36:11 »

Results have been shite but he's unlucky to be sacked. 7 league matches ago he led Supermarine to their highest ever position playing some great football.
Marines budget and crowds are small compared to a lot in this division and they were overachieving.
The players we lost in the Summer were not really replaced and then injuries and changes in circumstances led to others being unavailable.
Then you've got experienced players clearly not up for a scrap.
I'm not normally sympathetic to a manager being sacked but I am in this case. I'd rather have seen some players leave and Lee given the chance to rebuild the team even if it meant relegation.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 11:42:11 »

Results have been shite but he's unlucky to be sacked. 7 league matches ago he led Supermarine to their highest ever position playing some great football.
Marines budget and crowds are small compared to a lot in this division and they were overachieving.
The players we lost in the Summer were not really replaced and then injuries and changes in circumstances led to others being unavailable.
Then you've got experienced players clearly not up for a scrap.
I'm not normally sympathetic to a manager being sacked but I am in this case. I'd rather have seen some players leave and Lee given the chance to rebuild the team even if it meant relegation.

Seems to be a shared sentiment I think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: