Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Energy company switch  (Read 20789 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, February 21, 2022, 14:41:49 »

My quote with Eon fixed rate for one year is for £2,854.31, £237.86 a month DD. No exit fees. And you have to accept a SmartMeter if you ain't got one.

At present, I'm on NextFlex variable at £1,845.06 a year at £167 a month. I don't intend to switch in April, just wait and see how it pans out.

A rough guess you will be paying £257 per month wih the April increase with possibly another 20% £51 on top in October bringing it up to approx £308 an icrease of £71 per month against going on a fixed year tariff.
I'm with eon and although they often mention going on a smart meter they haven't yet said that I have to.

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, February 21, 2022, 15:03:35 »

£308 a month for gas and electricity?

These tossers are taking the fucking piss
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, February 21, 2022, 15:08:03 »

It's insain  Shrug

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, February 21, 2022, 18:08:46 »

My quote with Eon fixed rate for one year is for £2,854.31, £237.86 a month DD. No exit fees. And you have to accept a SmartMeter if you ain't got one.

At present, I'm on NextFlex variable at £1,845.06 a year at £167 a month. I don't intend to switch in April, just wait and see how it pans out.

I originally read that as Netflix for £167 per month and immediately thought, feck me you are being ripped off..  Had to read back to get my brain back on track Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 19:56:09 »

Shell confirmed that on present use our bill will be going up by £692 per year after April  (and we apparently use less than comparable households our size (2 adults one sprog)).

Not ideal bit at least we can sustain it, fear gonna be loads of buggers not so lucky.

I can understand the kw/h bit going up, bit the standing charge is going through the roof as well, what's that all about?

Sent from my SM-A125F
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 20:12:10 »

Mine is also going up by similar amounts but have decided to go on a 2 year fixed deal with no penalty clause to get out

So, give no fucks
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #66 on: Friday, February 25, 2022, 08:16:44 »

I can understand the kw/h bit going up, bit the standing charge is going through the roof as well, what's that all about?

Sent from my SM-A125F

That's the bit that's really pissed me off too. Over 40p a day for fuck all. Cunts.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, February 25, 2022, 08:29:26 »

well I've locked in for a year. Eon next v12 online has a deal that'll lock us to the April cap.

So we lose a month 'cheaper' to April, but will make that up come October if it goes up.

bit if a gamble, but I'm guessing the Ukraine situation will not make things cheaper ....
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, February 25, 2022, 09:22:31 »

My current contract runs out in June  

Still, the cost to leave the contract early is about £60. So that's what we'll probably do.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 25, 2022, 09:24:38 by 4D » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, February 25, 2022, 13:15:38 »

well I've locked in for a year. Eon next v12 online has a deal that'll lock us to the April cap.

So we lose a month 'cheaper' to April, but will make that up come October if it goes up.

bit if a gamble, but I'm guessing the Ukraine situation will not make things cheaper ....

Is that the V11 one year deal and did you not consider the V18 two year deal?

So, give no fucks

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, February 25, 2022, 14:01:55 »

Until Martin Lewis says otherwise. I'm staying put.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, February 25, 2022, 14:03:48 »

Apparently he changed his opinion last night although I haven't seen the footage. I may fix as there is no get out clause somcould change anytime if prices eventually fall

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, February 25, 2022, 14:12:59 »

Money saving guru Martin Lewis updated his advice on what to do about your energy tariff as gas prices look set to rise due Russia invading Ukraine. Wholesale gas prices rose by 40 per cent in one day due to the Russian invasion, leading to the Money Saving Expert being asked on his TV show if his 'do nothing' advice was still the best option. Previously, Lewis had urged people to hold off on changing their providers, but has now updated his advice following the beginning of war in Europe.

During his ITV show, Yorkshire Live reports that Martin Lewis was asked: "Because of the situation in Ukraine today, the price of gas has gone up by 40%. Would a fix now be advisable?" He shrugged at first, before adding: "Look first of all this is a horrible situation in Ukraine and energy is secondary. "But if I answer the honest question, energy prices have spiked horrendously today, if they stayed at that level then in October we'd see another 50% rise in the price cap bringing the typical bills to £3,000 a year. "But we don't know that that spike will continue. I've said before that if you can find a cap within 60% of the current price cap (in terms of a rise), it's probably worth it. "Back of the envelope? It's probably about 80% now if you really want peace of mind and surety. But until April we're on a cheap rate and from April we're on a cheaper rate than any fixes, so it's a gamble, I don't know and I can't tell you the right answer but within 80% wouldn't be the worst bet. That means that if you can find a fixed rate deal that is no more than 80% of the current variable rate, it 'wouldn't be the worst bet', according to the money guru. But the situation is fluid, and could change significantly in the coming days, depending on events in Ukraine.

Fixed rates are not subject to the price cap, so variable tariffs can be less than the price cap but they can't be more, while fixed tariffs can be much higher than the price cap. The gamble is whether the new fix you get for yourself will end up lower than the next price cap, and for how long it will remain at this price.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, February 25, 2022, 14:32:32 »

Cheers Bob,
My take on things it may be better to fix as I can get out without any fees if prices decide to fall which at the moment is highly unlikely.

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, February 25, 2022, 15:01:28 »

Cheers Bob,
My take on things it may be better to fix as I can get out without any fees if prices decide to fall which at the moment is highly unlikely.

Probably a safe bet. In the current climate they are likely to go only one way sadly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: