McKirdy - 1 (2.1%)
Davison - 3 (6.3%)
Gladwin - 1 (2.1%)
Mitchell-Lawson - 0 (0%)
Aguiar - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester U vs STFC MoM  (Read 2550 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 22:32:41 »

Think O'Brien is the spare man, whoever got the flick on took him and Gladwin  out the game

Poor marking at the front post also.
O’Brien still learning and improving game by game. Spare players and Just couldn’t understand why Gladwin never went in-front of Akinde.

It’s over now, great to think we have a little more strength in depth.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 23:20:28 »

O'Brien indeed lost him, but ran into an attacker trying to follow him.

otherwise had an excellent game
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 10:08:49 »

I quite like the look of Davison, ran for everything won much more than Simpson did and was an aggravating bastard all game. He will do us good this season.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 10:36:32 »

Iandolo just to piss off JJ - he really doesn’t like him, does he  Cheesy
I praise him when he deserves it but also see when he is at fault, many fans are blinkered to players faults and no player is immune to criticism. If he deserves praise then I will praise him, if he doesn't then I will say it as with every other player at the club.

Iandolo was pretty poor 1st half defensively but possibly our best attacker 2nd half, he just needs to mark his man better and actually jump for defensive crosses which he failed to do with 2 fairly early attacks when Colchester with better players would have surely punished us, he actively ducked from 1 of the crosses.

He also really should have shot with the one chance when he was pretty much clean through but chose to pass to the poorer positioned McKirdy. Take the risk, pull the trigger and make the keeper make a save.

TBF Iandolo is certainly by no means the only one who hasn't shot from a good position in recent games, Gladwin, Reed, Lyden and Hunt are also guilty of not being willing to shoot when they have the chance.

That could be that they are told by the coaches/manager not to risk a shot or they just don't have the confidence in their own ability to pull it off?

Iandolo is a limited defender but decent winger, play to his strengths and work on his weaknesses, such as his defending, he can defend and head the ball as he showed that when he played left CB last season in a couple of games before suffering injury so why when hes at fullback does he forget the basics of defending at times?

He knows how to put in a good cross so do that mor eoften, he did it twice yesterday with great success, you don't always need to beat your man sometimes play a Beckham style cross from deep which Iandolo obviously can do very well.

I certainly dont dislike him, I don't dislike any player at the club currently I just think that L2 is his level. Oh and learn to take a throw in Smiley

Every full time player(not loanee) at the club is with us in L2 because they have quality/consistancy/fitness/limited ability otherwise they wouldn't be in L2 they would be plying their trade higher up the leagues and gaining interest from teams higher up the ladder.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 10:59:03 »

I went for Davison.

For someone in his first game I thought he linked up very well.
Won plenty of headers
And ran his heart out.

I also think he's a useful foil for McKirdy - "I've got the one with the poneytail" "no, I've got the one with the ponytail"
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 11:06:35 »

I praise him when he deserves it but also see when he is at fault, many fans are blinkered to players faults and no player is immune to criticism. If he deserves praise then I will praise him, if he doesn't then I will say it as with every other player at the club.

Iandolo was pretty poor 1st half defensively but possibly our best attacker 2nd half, he just needs to mark his man better and actually jump for defensive crosses which he failed to do with 2 fairly early attacks when Colchester with better players would have surely punished us, he actively ducked from 1 of the crosses.

He also really should have shot with the one chance when he was pretty much clean through but chose to pass to the poorer positioned McKirdy. Take the risk, pull the trigger and make the keeper make a save.

TBF Iandolo is certainly by no means the only one who hasn't shot from a good position in recent games, Gladwin, Reed, Lyden and Hunt are also guilty of not being willing to shoot when they have the chance.

That could be that they are told by the coaches/manager not to risk a shot or they just don't have the confidence in their own ability to pull it off?

Iandolo is a limited defender but decent winger, play to his strengths and work on his weaknesses, such as his defending, he can defend and head the ball as he showed that when he played left CB last season in a couple of games before suffering injury so why when hes at fullback does he forget the basics of defending at times?

He knows how to put in a good cross so do that mor eoften, he did it twice yesterday with great success, you don't always need to beat your man sometimes play a Beckham style cross from deep which Iandolo obviously can do very well.

I certainly dont dislike him, I don't dislike any player at the club currently I just think that L2 is his level. Oh and learn to take a throw in Smiley

Every full time player(not loanee) at the club is with us in L2 because they have quality/consistancy/fitness/limited ability otherwise they wouldn't be in L2 they would be plying their trade higher up the leagues and gaining interest from teams higher up the ladder.

Spot on.
Iandolo in my opinion would be a better option left sided midfield but we can’t change what we have to accommodate. Offers far more than Hunt pressing forward but gets exposed as a left back.
KKH would have had a field day yesterday.
We created so much space through decent possession and patient football.
Wasteful in front of goal.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 11:08:18 »

I quite like the look of Davison, ran for everything won much more than Simpson did and was an aggravating bastard all game. He will do us good this season.

A little rusty but also liked what I so.
Definitely mobile and more aggressive. He also headed the ball more than 3 times.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 11:50:10 »

Have to say I've not been a big admirer of Iandolo in his time here despite a natural inclination to favour young, "one of our own"* players.  For me, he is not a serious defender.  Offensively, he offers neither trickery nor pace out wide.  And yet it seems he faithfully gathers MOM votes every game.  Wtaf?

Unsurprisingly, even today I rated Odimayo and Williams ahead.  But I have been underrating his intrinsic quality and how far he has come by steady improvement.  Favoured by some, this Marmite player has also faced plentiful criticism and he deserves immense credit for the career he is developing.

He links very well as we saw yesterday with Williams.  He's been Mr Utility under wildly differing coaching styles at fullback, midfield and also wingback.  Although he'll need to work further on the defensive aspcts, I think the latter role helps showcase his best quality - crossing in open play.  With all due respect to Simpson, I'm hopeful he may start to find Davison offers him more interesting crossing options.

Onwards and upwards Pint

* here since 17, anyway.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 11:52:35 by RedRag » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: