Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The last post from your IP was less than five seconds ago  (Read 6130 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 10:17:40 »

A forum bug report - how exciting.

This came up in the matchday thread at the weekend and probably needs flagging to whoever is an Admin these days.

Basically the forum flood control that only allows a single IP address to post every five seconds seems to not actually distinguish between different IP addresses at all - which means that in match day threads during play, most posts get blocked under the flood control measure. The user gets a message that says:

"the last post from your IP was less than five seconds ago"

Then you click back, try to re-post and get told you already submitted this post, so it gets blocked a second time.

Not sure if it's possible to fix it, or just switch it off in the matchday reaction forum at all?

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 11:20:36 »

This has always been a pain in the arse..  it comes up even if you haven't posted for 10 mins

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Barry Scott

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 11:25:16 »

I’ll have a butchers. It’ll be something to do with something and stuff
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 11:27:33 »

I’ll have a butchers. It’ll be something to do with something and stuff
You are your technical babble!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 11:33:47 »

Techno Babble

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Barry Scott

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 11:35:22 »

Problem sorted. It was simple. Probably ended up that way from my recent fiddling. Apologies.

I’ll use any excuse to use long and clever sounding words to make myself look knowledgable. French
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 11:37:03 »

To be honest I think it's been like this for a few years, I've just never previously realised it happened to other people and not just me Doh

Thanks Barry, we can now look forward to two pages of "1-0 Colchester, FFS" at the weekend with identical timestamps. It's a whole new world.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 11:37:54 »

To be honest I think it's been like this for a few years, I've just never previously realised it happened to other people and not just me Doh

Thanks Barry, we can now look forward to two pages of "1-0 Colchester, FFS" at the weekend with identical timestamps. It's a whole new world.

If it's any consolation it's never happened to me before.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Barry Scott

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 11:50:47 »

The trouble is, although it was set to 5 seconds, some of the tech we run on means the forum sees multiple people on the same ip at once, so I think other posters can cause you to have the 5 second issue during busy periods.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 14:36:13 »

This is like lancing a boil. It's been happening to me on MDTs for years, and I never thought to raise it. Just thought it was my crappy equipment.

It's good to share. Hug

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 21:04:00 »

This is like lancing a boil. It's been happening to me on MDTs for years, and I never thought to raise it. Just thought it was my crappy equipment.

It's good to share. Hug
Ditto

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: