Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reading  (Read 5373 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 13:41:53 »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2022/jan/18/how-reading-hit-crisis-point-on-and-off-the-pitch-championship
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 13:47:12 »

Interesting article. Thanks for sharing. It does make you wonder just how many Championship clubs really are properly sustainable and how many are chucking unaffordable sums of money to make the Premier League - Derby are the Benchmark for Championship clubs in the shit, but it sounds like Reading aren't too far behind them. I found the below statement staggering.

Reading’s 2019-20 accounts show a wages-to-turnover ratio of 216%. “If they had got to the Premier League, the promised land, as they say, all of these problems would have gone away,” says one source. “Aston Villa managed to get up just in time. The owner has gambled, ploughing money in, but it has backfired.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 13:53:04 »

Looking forward to playing them next season.

Being honest, though, how many of our fans were loving it when Black/Di Canio were spending freely. Obviously not at that level, but still.

I’m quite content with a club that is competitive - no matter what league we’re in.

Maybe a touch of holier than thou in that.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 15:26:51 »

Interesting article. Thanks for sharing. It does make you wonder just how many Championship clubs really are properly sustainable and how many are chucking unaffordable sums of money to make the Premier League - Derby are the Benchmark for Championship clubs in the shit, but it sounds like Reading aren't too far behind them. I found the below statement staggering.

Reading’s 2019-20 accounts show a wages-to-turnover ratio of 216%. “If they had got to the Premier League, the promised land, as they say, all of these problems would have gone away,” says one source. “Aston Villa managed to get up just in time. The owner has gambled, ploughing money in, but it has backfired.

Hot on their heels will be the slave traders also.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 15:55:39 »

Very interesting link.  Emotionally, I don't care either way about the plight of the Biscuitmen but am always heartened by the Slavers' travails.

I think there are signs that the Championship may be a false friend as an objective for STFC - except temporarily from time to time.

I'm thoroughly behind Clem and the Trust but, tbf, it won't ever be for us to give out sermons to others on financial prudence.

I wouldn't swap STFC's glorious, shameful and often mediocre history for any other club's.  Tbf, Madejski has helped launch Reading on one helluva journey also.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 16:29:49 »

Reading is like us last year...its all gone Toxic.

Reading fan at work...he reckons he hasnt seen anything like it.

Cant afford to sack the manager (his words), players not wanting to play blah blah blah....sounds very familiar.

Clems Army!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 16:56:34 »

Very interesting link.  Emotionally, I don't care either way about the plight of the Biscuitmen but am always heartened by the Slavers' travails.

I think there are signs that the Championship may be a false friend as an objective for STFC - except temporarily from time to time.

I'm thoroughly behind Clem and the Trust but, tbf, it won't ever be for us to give out sermons to others on financial prudence.

I wouldn't swap STFC's glorious, shameful and often mediocre history for any other club's.  Tbf, Madejski has helped launch Reading on one helluva journey also.

All this, unless you have an owner with long arms, deep pockets and in for the long haul the Championship has become as financially toxic as the PL.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 17:41:06 »

I was under the impression Madejski still owned Reading. I must be living in the stone ages by comparisson.

75% Owned by Renhe Sports Management Ltd, 10% owned by Xiu Li Dai and Yongge Dai
25% Owned by Narin Niruttinanon

According to wikipedia and his says he sold up around 2012. I was none the wiser. Shows how little attention I pay to Reading.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 17:42:47 »

Need to insist on this being posted whenever Reading FC gets a mention.  Sorry, but it's the rules.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 17:49:36 »

Quote from: ChalkyWhiteIsGod

75% Owned by Renhe Sports Management Ltd
10% owned by Xiu Li Dai and Yongge Dai
25% Owned by Narin Niruttinanon

wait a minute .......

(assume you mean 10% of Renhe sports management is owned by the Dai)
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 18:22:58 »

Need to insist on this being posted whenever Reading FC gets a mention.  Sorry, but it's the rules.

I forgot how cringe this was. Bird is quite hot, shame she can’t sing. Wouldn’t tolerate her bellowing that one out if she were ever so lucky to spend some time in my company…

Now, ain't that just like me?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 18:43:49 »

wait a minute .......

(assume you mean 10% of Renhe sports management is owned by the Dai)

Yeah, copy and paste job from wikipedia. The format is supposed to be two bullet points.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 19:35:46 »

I was lucky to manage a minute of that. 
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 07:52:00 »

I was lucky to manage a minute of that.  

Masturbating to a Reading video is new low..
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 09:11:09 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 09:10:02 »

Maturbating to a Reading video is new low..

🤣🤣
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: