Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21412 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 10:06:05 »

So Garner says he took Crichlow out of the team as he had an inkling he would be moving
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 10:10:14 »

So Garner says he took Crichlow out of the team as he had an inkling he would be moving

He also said the pitch was 60% of the reason we didn't play well the other day. As others have alluded to, pitches in league 2 at this time of the year are not good. That much has been obvious all season and every season...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 10:14:00 »

As it stands I cant genuinely see past a defeat there.
Fuuny isn't it. After Northampton everyone was buzzing. Since then we've put in a decent showing against one of the best sides in the world, suffered a single goal defeat away to a team near the top of the form table, and lost a RB with one goal contribution all season, and now the general mood is doom and gloom.

There's every chance we'll struggle against Vale but we're equally capable of taking the points if we can mix our attacking play with balls into the channels like we began to in the second half against City.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 10:18:32 »

As it stands I cant genuinely see past a defeat there.

Cue a 4-0 win
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 10:20:07 »

I see McKirdy never won many friends after his spell at Vale last season!

He’ll let them down when they aren’t sufficiently feeding his humongous ego. Pleb

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 10:27:46 »

Fuuny isn't it. After Northampton everyone was buzzing. Since then we've put in a decent showing against one of the best sides in the world, suffered a single goal defeat away to a team near the top of the form table, and lost a RB with one goal contribution all season, and now the general mood is doom and gloom.

There's every chance we'll struggle against Vale but we're equally capable of taking the points if we can mix our attacking play with balls into the channels like we began to in the second half against City.
We are just so hit and miss, at times we do look world beaters at other times we cant defend a simple through ball, its a real pick and mix pot luck in every game.

Also Ward does concern me, again at FGR he looked like the best keeper in the league, and then in the next match or 3 he has looked like barely better than Kovar at times.

Cue a 4-0 win
Reverse Psychology it might work!

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 10:43:31 »

TBF they have a point, he's a good player at this level but seems to have a very peculiar character a sort of extroverted introvert? Like the attention and playing Bobby Bog Bollocks but cannot handle any criticism.

We are just so hit and miss, at times we do look world beaters at other times we cant defend a simple through ball, its a real pick and mix pot luck in every game.

How long have you supported Swindon  Wink, been like that as long as I can remember...  Roll Eyes

Also Ward does concern me, again at FGR he looked like the best keeper in the league, and then in the next match or 3 he has looked like barely better than Kovar at times.

If nothing else we need to stop playing to his weaknesses, he is not a comfortable ball playing keeper so stop playing like he is, even when Garner had specifically told the defence not to play like that at City they still did!

« Last Edit: Friday, January 14, 2022, 10:45:33 by horlock07 » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 10:47:43 »

In 24 hrs my nailed on trip is now in severe doubt. Originally is was me and the DNA. Then a long lost cousin who lives 30 mins from PV contacted me, so naturally a post match visit was on. The DNA then I suppose reasonably declined because he didn’t want to listen to us two gassing about the time before dinosaurs. She has now tested + so that trip is not happening and unless my DNA relents and comes with his old man I won’t go up on my own, fuck, fuckity, fuck fuck. Hey ho, watch this space.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 11:15:17 »

TBF they have a point, he's a good player at this level but seems to have a very peculiar character a sort of extroverted introvert? Like the attention and playing Bobby Bog Bollocks but cannot handle any criticism.
yes but calling him a pleb seems a bit pathetic TBH how the hell did he upset them? did he piss in the vinegar bottles in Vale Park?
How long have you supported Swindon  Wink, been like that as long as I can remember...  Roll Eyes
47 years too long it seems at times, this could be the biggest gap between good and bad (in the same game) that I can remember though, usually its game to game but this season its often 2 or 3 times in the same game.

If nothing else we need to stop playing to his weaknesses, he is not a comfortable ball playing keeper so stop playing like he is, even when Garner had specifically told the defence not to play like that at City they still did!
Is that us not playing to his strengths or does he put himself into those situations with his indecisiveness? if he cant kick long then play the short kick to a teammate rather than just hoofing it long into touch or to McKirdy who wont win many header TBF, same applies to Simpson, yes our defenders at times play him into trouble but he almost always chooses exactly the wrong option for his kick, that could be something Mildy can work on in training but some keepers never master kicking so dont use it as part of their arsenal, TBF his throwing is way better than his kicking though, like Vigs.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 11:47:26 »

I did wonder whether that was the reason we signed O'Brien. I don't know how long these loan deals take but I wonder if during December Huddersfield wanted to try Crichlow higher up and had agreed this in principle with Plymouth, hence why Crichlow was getting little game time?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 11:48:35 »

He also said the pitch was 60% of the reason we didn't play well the other day. As others have alluded to, pitches in league 2 at this time of the year are not good. That much has been obvious all season and every season...

ugh - I hate when managers use pitches or officials as an excuse for defeats/poor performances. I guess it takes the shine off the players but always seems like sour grapes in my eyes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 11:51:24 »

McKirdy v Covolan (the PV keeper) could be interesting this weekend. During the Mansfield game when McKirdy was getting riled he pointlessly barged into the Mansfield keeper Bishop, who made absolutely nothing of it and got on with it. If he does that on Saturday their keeper will milk that for all it's worth! Harry definitely needs to keep a lid on it Saturday, he's not going to get a good reception at all, which he will thrive on.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 12:27:05 »

Harry will either play a blinder and score a couple and probably get booked for celebrating or he will go a bit mad and get sent off, could go either way!

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 12:34:11 »

if he cant kick long then play the short kick to a teammate rather than just hoofing it long into touch or to McKirdy who wont win many header.

Poor sod tried that against City and was given it straight back in a much worse position!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 12:40:33 »

Poor sod tried that against City and was given it straight back in a much worse position!
I think (hope) that only teams of City quality will punish him that badly, but many teams do press us/him into making mistakes so who knows!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: