Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ashley Cole  (Read 8670 times)
digby

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 16:48:44 »

I was in the Town End last night, and witnessed the scene at the end with the pundits in the corner, but I can honestly say I didn't hear any rascist abuse at all.

The largish group of fans were all but blocking the exit , making it slow going to get out, so i heard what was going on for a good 10 mins. I enjoyed the usual Swindon chants and anti Oxford songs, but I thought the abuse directed at Cole was cringeworthy, and wouldn't reflect well on the club or the majority of fans.

If there was any rascist abuse then it must have been from and individual as certainly wasn't from the chanting I heard !
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 17:20:27 »

The statement states the report of racist abuse was made during the match, so unrelated to the going’s ons post match (I’d assumed it was then too)

Where did Cole and the pundits watch the match from? I’d assume they’d have gone to the back of the Don Rogers

Edit: the police state it was following the match, so contrary to the clubs words, not that it makes much of a difference - just hope the person is caught.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 18:03:11 »

I doubled back and went out the middle of the TE, people were just stood there getting on my tits.
Hunk

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 18:21:41 »

It’s a shame that Ashley Cole and Eni Aluko had to be racially and homophobically abused at the end of game tonight. It’s very sad. As an Arsenal fan with a not particular like for AC - he was only trying to be a pundit for the ITV coverage, yet a few fans were throwing things and shouting sickening abuse. On what had been a very special occasion it’s a real shame that it ended up with such wankers trying to ruin it. I actually got to speak with AC after and apologise for the behaviour of a mindless few. Unsure if they had to cut in the studio. I know they moved to the centre circle. Disgusting and proper embarrassing.

Well said bud, and I hope it was only one or two dickheads. Do not represent the rest of us in the slightest
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 18:22:42 »

Anyone know if the racist words were heard on TV

So, give no fucks
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 18:50:42 »

I didn't hear anything, but when it switched to the pundits, the girl player had a horrified look on her face, and I remember thinking, I hope nothing racist has been said
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 18:52:14 »

I didn't hear anything, but when it switched to the pundits, the girl player had a horrified look on her face, and I remember thinking, I hope nothing racist has been said

Cheers Badger, thanks for the reply it's quite rare on here these days

So, give no fucks
Hunk

« Reply #37 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 18:59:24 »

Anyone know if the racist words were heard on TV

I certainly didn’t hear anything but with that amount of general noise and that this just seems to be one or two people I’m bot surprised
Hunk

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 19:05:27 »

On the Adver site they are carrying a bit in their story about Cole FaceTiming a fan’s dad who was in hospital. Total class
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 19:07:50 »

On the Adver site they are carrying a bit in their story about Cole FaceTiming a fan’s dad who was in hospital. Total class

Great story and well done Cole if true.

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 19:09:03 »

It’s not mythical I’ve shared pictures

Where can we find these?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 19:11:59 »

Nothing to add to the story.

But it's always worth condemning racist or homophobic abuse.

Detracts from an otherwise great evening for the club.

Hope every action is taken to identify and punish the culprit(s).
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, January 9, 2022, 10:49:50 »

The actions of a few make us look tinpot and backward, cant imagine it will be a positive thing to see for Simpson, Critchlow, KKH, KML. Sad in the 21st Century we still have idiots racially abusing players and ex-players, which reflects adversely on our society, despite the progress we've made. Lifetime ban as others have said.

ewsham Robin
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, January 9, 2022, 11:03:14 »

racism exists everywhere.

I can't know what it is to be black, or even guess at it

i know they are young lads, but our own black players must realise that nearly 100% of the fan base are disgusted at the  few that do this

at least I bloody hope that's accurate
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, January 9, 2022, 11:12:16 »

Bloody hope so too Batch. Things are certainly 100x better than they were back in the day. Trouble is that its hard to tell; even the most thick as pig shit racists must now have twigged that their views arent generally considered acceptable any more; so they probably tend not too express them too openly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: