Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ashley Cole  (Read 8685 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 13:11:17 »

I think there was a handful of Arsenal ‘fans’ in the vicinity given the abuse I heard around him being a money grabber.

Bizarre place to put the pundits.

Needless to say, if there was racist abuse I hope the culprits are found and punished.
I assume if we ever get some development it will include boxes, one of which could be used as a studio on such occasions, plus it might release the mythical second concourse in the DRS for such use.

Didn't they used to erect a temp studio on one of the corners of the bank for such occasions (I recall it being showered with coins once) albeit that might not be possible when the bank is fully occupied as last night.

Sent from my SM-A125F
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 13:17:20 »

I assume if we ever get some development it will include boxes, one of which could be used as a studio on such occasions, plus it might release the mythical second concourse in the DRS for such use.

Didn't they used to erect a temp studio on one of the corners of the bank for such occasions (I recall it being showered with coins once) albeit that might not be possible when the bank is fully occupied as last night.

Sent from my SM-A125F

It’s not mythical I’ve shared pictures

Now, ain't that just like me?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 13:17:26 »

Maltesers, Jimmy hill and Aston villa.

the bank was full and it was back in the day where away fans had the shrivvy road side bit with the segregation big fence between
-----------
edit, oh it was there for Chelsea too?!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 13:18:41 »

Horlock - Yep, there was a temp studio in the space by the corner of the SB/DR stands for Chelsea in 2013 which didn’t result in the loss of any seats. Perhaps that area has become too dangerous in the following years - I imagine all manner of crap is dumped there.

For other televised matches the pundits have been pitchside near the dugouts.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 13:20:00 »

Sent from my SM-A125F

For those who weren't aware

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 13:21:19 »

Maltesers, Jimmy hill and Aston villa.

the bank was full and it was back in the day where away fans had the shrivvy road side bit with the segregation big fence between
-----------
edit, oh it was there for Chelsea too?!
Sounds like a News of the World expose

Sent from my SM-A125F
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 13:24:16 »

Horlock - Yep, there was a temp studio in the space by the corner of the SB/DR stands for Chelsea in 2013 which didn’t result in the loss of any seats. Perhaps that area has become too dangerous in the following years - I imagine all manner of crap is dumped there.

For other televised matches the pundits have been pitchside near the dugouts.
I wonder whether the location had something to do with logistics, power or what not?

Seemed an odd place to put them, albeit they should be able to put them anywhere without people being pricks.

Sent from my SM-A125F
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 13:27:10 »

It's not the first time they've had pundits there when Sherwood was appointed DOF he was over there with Power when we played Charlton live on Sky 

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 15:13:56 »

Club statement released

Owner Clem Morfuni, on behalf of Swindon Town Football Club, would like to issue the following statement in regards to reports of racial abuse at Friday's game against Manchester City.

During our Emirates FA Cup Third Round Tie against Manchester City at The County Ground, we sadly received reports of racial abuse towards Ashley Cole, who was part of ITV's broadcast team.

We are absolutely saddened and deeply disgusted by this, and we cannot stress strongly enough that racial abuse of any kind will not be tolerated by Swindon Town Football Club.

Racism has no place in the world, and it is incredibly heartbreaking that this still has a place in our game.

We are currently working with Wiltshire Police on gathering evidence, but those responsible will be punished accordingly.

On behalf of everyone at Swindon Town Football Club, we send out our heartfelt apologies to Ashley Cole, and it is with our deepest regret that you had to experience that last night.

Those few individuals do not represent Swindon Town and will not be welcome at The County Ground.

Supt Phil Staynings, on behalf of Wiltshire Police, said: "We are aware that one person was subject to racial abuse at the County Ground following the Swindon Town v Manchester City game last night (07/01).

“We have already commenced an investigation, obtaining statements and securing CCTV. Further enquiries in relation to this incident are ongoing.

“Behaviour of this nature is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Anyone with information should call 101 and quote crime reference number 54220002136.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 15:14:38 »

Why would anyone at Swindon have an issue with Ashley Cole? Probably an Arsenal fan who made his way in.

Either way a ban would be nice. Fuck it, chuck in some prison time too.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 15:16:24 »

Justice will be served, the individual has been identified AFAIK

Now, ain't that just like me?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 15:21:53 »

Sent from my SM-A125F

It was above the Rolex clock. I was in the shrivvy near the Villa fans. Over 16k there that day.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 15:24:37 »

Quote from: Boy About Town
Justice will be served, the individual has been identified AFAIK

brilliant
Crackity Jones

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 15:34:52 »

It’s a shame that Ashley Cole and Eni Aluko had to be racially and homophobically abused at the end of game tonight. It’s very sad. As an Arsenal fan with a not particular like for AC - he was only trying to be a pundit for the ITV coverage, yet a few fans were throwing things and shouting sickening abuse. On what had been a very special occasion it’s a real shame that it ended up with such wankers trying to ruin it. I actually got to speak with AC after and apologise for the behaviour of a mindless few. Unsure if they had to cut in the studio. I know they moved to the centre circle. Disgusting and proper embarrassing.
[/quote Shit to be reading that a great night gets tarnished in this way. Quite why any town fan would take issue with Ashley Cole and Eni Aluko is beyond me. I see the club have issued a statement and hope they find and ban the pondlife involved
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 16:40:27 »

I hope the culprit/s receive a lifelong ban.

As an aside, shouldn't it be deeply saddened and absolutely disgusted?

Owner Clem Morfuni, on behalf of Swindon Town Football Club, would like to issue the following statement in regards to reports of racial abuse at Friday's game against Manchester City.

During our Emirates FA Cup Third Round Tie against Manchester City at The County Ground, we sadly received reports of racial abuse towards Ashley Cole, who was part of ITV's broadcast team.

We are absolutely saddened and deeply disgusted by this, and we cannot stress strongly enough that racial abuse of any kind will not be tolerated by Swindon Town Football Club.

Racism has no place in the world, and it is incredibly heartbreaking that this still has a place in our game.

We are currently working with Wiltshire Police on gathering evidence, but those responsible will be punished accordingly.

On behalf of everyone at Swindon Town Football Club, we send out our heartfelt apologies to Ashley Cole, and it is with our deepest regret that you had to experience that last night.

Those few individuals do not represent Swindon Town and will not be welcome at The County Ground.

Supt Phil Staynings, on behalf of Wiltshire Police, said: "We are aware that one person was subject to racial abuse at the County Ground following the Swindon Town v Manchester City game last night (07/01).

“We have already commenced an investigation, obtaining statements and securing CCTV. Further enquiries in relation to this incident are ongoing.

“Behaviour of this nature is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Anyone with information should call 101 and quote crime reference number 54220002136.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: