Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 58   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Manchester City FA Cup 3rd round pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 62935 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 14:56:41 »

Was in the Town End for that game, One of my early games,  those were the days, steamrolled every time we scored and no offsides to worry about.

Didn't we play some good football back then.

So, give no fucks
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 15:07:59 »

No muddy pitch, true.

But, so far as I know, City's Etihad Training Ground doesn't have anything so advanced as a "wind tunnel".
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 15:37:42 »

No muddy pitch, true.

But, so far as I know, City's Etihad Training Ground doesn't have anything so advanced as a "wind tunnel".
You're not supposed to mention that,  that’s privileged information and Man Shitty have yet to discover this secret weapon.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 15:52:45 »

If we put out the defence from yesterday and play as we did when defending it could get scary very quickly.  Maybe we can try and win the possession stats?  Grab the cash and run, maybe convince Pep we are a good club to send some youth.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 17:22:46 »

People like Conroy and Ellis may be weaker players as such but they deserve the chance to play these type of games as much as anyone after the summer
Iandolo I agree with plus we have no options but why does Conroy deserve the chance to play? He’d been poor for weeks, then let the team down with a completely pointless red card and in his absence we haven’t lost and he hasn’t played for almost a month so will be lacking sharpness. Hunt, Odimayo and Crichlow have all done nothing wrong and now deserve to be above him in the pecking order and it’s a suitable punishment for the red card. If Conroy comes straight back in then that would be poor from Garner for me as no player should be undroppable.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 17:31:33 »

Iandolo I agree with plus we have no options but why does Conroy deserve the chance to play? He’d been poor for weeks, then let the team down with a completely pointless red card and in his absence we haven’t lost and he hasn’t played for almost a month so will be lacking sharpness. Hunt, Odimayo and Crichlow have all done nothing wrong and now deserve to be above him in the pecking order and it’s a suitable punishment for the red card. If Conroy comes straight back in then that would be poor from Garner for me as no player should be undroppable.

Best defender by a Country mile and both Conroy and Reed our best players on the ball.
Back line needs organising. Stevenage should have been 4 up and yesterday first half particularly coming out our distribution was poor again.
Conroy back in and more importantly Lyden in the midfield. I would also go with Hunt over Iandolo.
However all about opinions.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 17:32:11 »

Hoping for plenty of Lee Power loud and abusive songs.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 17:36:52 »

Best defender by a Country mile and both Conroy and Reed our best players on the ball.
Back line needs organising. Stevenage should have been 4 up and yesterday first half particularly coming out our distribution was poor again.
Conroy back in and more importantly Lyden in the midfield. I would also go with Hunt over Iandolo.
However all about opinions.
I know you’ve a soft spot for him but I disagree with most of that. He’d been poor for weeks, I don’t think he’s a great at organising and always thought it a bit odd that he’s captain. I’ll agree with the distribution to an extent but the last thing we want to be doing on Friday is playing silly games at the back. He’s not good enough to walk straight back in and should be made to wait for a chance like any other player would.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 17:37:16 »

A nice big banner behind the Town end goal wouldn't go a miss😀

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 17:40:54 »

I know you’ve a soft spot for him but I disagree with most of that. He’d been poor for weeks, I don’t think he’s a great at organising and always thought it a bit odd that he’s captain. I’ll agree with the distribution to an extent but the last thing we want to be doing on Friday is playing silly games at the back. He’s not good enough to walk straight back in and should be made to wait for a chance like any other player would.

They have all been poor since Walsall away.
Yesterday was the first time this season we have got an “away” like performance at home.
Can only hope this continues in the League.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 17:42:28 »

A nice big banner behind the Town end goal wouldn't go a miss😀

Get asked a fair few times if the flag is abusive in any way Smiley
I sincerely hope Power gets some vocal shit on National TV.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 17:45:20 »

Lets hope so as well as giving the piss stains a mention

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 17:53:36 »

Starting XI, anyone.

Ward

KKH Grant Odimayo Critchlow Hunt

Lyden Reed

Williams McKirdy Payne

Simpson

Realising Grant is a 100% no-no, but that’s how I would go.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 17:57:19 »

Starting XI, anyone.

Ward

KKH Grant Odimayo Critchlow Hunt

Lyden Reed

Williams McKirdy Payne

Simpson

Realising Grant is a 100% no-no, but that’s how I would go.
12 players? Worth a try.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 17:58:26 »

Ah!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 58   Go Up
Print
Jump to: