Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Stevenage Pre-Match & Matchday Thread  (Read 24087 times)
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, December 28, 2021, 21:21:07 »

Guessing Jack Payne, who’s off is one of them. Maybe JoJo - when does he leave for Africa?

I think you are reading far too much into that   He says it's 2 who are still testing positive.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, December 28, 2021, 21:36:02 »

I don’t think Jack Payne will leave in January.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, December 28, 2021, 21:44:10 »

I don’t think Jack Payne will leave in January.

I agree, he can leave for free end of season anyway. Cant see him going until then to be honest
Crackity Jones

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, December 28, 2021, 22:36:56 »

I don't think Payne will go anywhere. If he was going to, he would have done last summer. He has openly said he is fed up of moving from club to club.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 08:19:20 »

Looks like we'll finally get our one and only festive game,  hopefully Santa will be with us,  2-0 to the Town would be acceptable (or any other score that gives us the three points !!).

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 10:24:28 »

Looks like we'll finally get our one and only festive game,  hopefully Santa will be with us,  2-0 to the Town would be acceptable (or any other score that gives us the three points !!).

A repeat of that last evening game when we were poor and snatched it late on. that'll do...

Clems Army!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 10:30:17 »

A repeat of that last evening game when we were poor and snatched it late on. that'll do...
Exactly.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 10:39:12 »

Personally I can't see Payne wanting to leave when hes in pretty much the form of his life to go to another club and settle down and then maybe be a bit part player after signing before he can establish himself at the new club.

I have a feeling Grant and Baudry will leave in January and possibly Lyden too with a couple of youngsters going on loan.

As for the game.

Swindon to suffer a single goal defeat in front of 7,461 fans with 65 Stevoes there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 11:28:01 »

Personally I can't see Payne wanting to leave when hes in pretty much the form of his life to go to another club and settle down and then maybe be a bit part player after signing before he can establish himself at the new club.

I have a feeling Grant and Baudry will leave in January and possibly Lyden too with a couple of youngsters going on loan.

As for the game.

Swindon to suffer a single goal defeat in front of 7,461 fans with 65 Stevoes there.

I agree with you regarding AG, though I suspect Frenchie may go either way at the end of the season, with his injury record being an issue for a Jan move. Lydon maybe depending on Jan targets. Payne not until EOS as he may be looking to see if we get promo in which case be better staying here if we go up for sure.

Tonight it’s a must win game for a number of reasons. Need to get back to winning ways and of course improve our home form. To close the gap on FGR, we may not catch them but it has to be a target to aim for.

Home win 3-1 9,050 fans 135 from St. Evenage.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 12:54:04 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 11:36:53 »

I just feel that with Frenchies injury issues and his wanting to get into his off pitch business then it would be better all round if he had his contract terminated and he retires.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 11:42:28 »

I can’t really see how supplementing a 19 year old striker, Simpson, with another 18 year old, Barry, is going to enhance our prospects.

It seems Garner prioritises ‘aesthetics’ over actual points.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 11:48:25 »

I can’t really see how supplementing a 19 year old striker, Simpson, with another 18 year old, Barry, is going to enhance our prospects.

It seems Garner prioritises ‘aesthetics’ over actual points.
Yeah i hope we stay up Roll Eyes
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 12:08:29 »

I just feel that with Frenchies injury issues and his wanting to get into his off pitch business then it would be better all round if he had his contract terminated and he retires.

What is this business? I've never heard or read about any other ventures and his linkedin says little?

Now, ain't that just like me?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 12:08:44 »

We’ll stay up - just get bored shitless in the process.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 12:16:04 »

What is this business? I've never heard or read about any other ventures and his linkedin says little?
I don't know what his business actually is just that he is putting more time into that lately since his injury issues have haunted him a lot.

I also have heard that Sheridactyl made him question his career last season and the pressures involved.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: