Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's talk dogs  (Read 26310 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 18:57:38 »

Pooch is coming up to 9 months old now and has always eaten like she's starving. Recently she has started to leave her kibble. She's always wolfed it down but now she even separates it from the wet food and leaves it. Any ideas why?
She's fit and healthy, good appetite and in great condition. Shits are normal.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 19:07:00 »

Pooch is coming up to 9 months old now and has always eaten like she's starving. Recently she has started to leave her kibble. She's always wolfed it down but now she even separates it from the wet food and leaves it. Any ideas why?
She's fit and healthy, good appetite and in great condition. Shits are normal.

Just being picky as he gets older try leaving off the wet food to see if he goes back to eating kibble.

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 19:09:24 »

Vets are a good source of information on this sort of thing

Nothing to see here
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 19:25:39 »

So are experienced owners. Off bussing this weekend?
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 19:26:58 »

Just being picky as he gets older try leaving off the wet food to see if he goes back to eating kibble.

Been over a week now and she's only eating two thirds of what she should be.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 19:28:58 »

So are experienced owners. Off bussing this weekend?

Nice. I consider myself to be a fairly experienced owner. I would seek professional advice on these matters.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 19:31:18 »

If you've noticed a change that worries you I would agree with JBZ and consider taking her to the vets but if she eats everyting else no problem It may be as Si ole as she dosen't like the flavour of kibble anymore.

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 19:37:13 »

Taste up the biscuit. Tin of tuna, fat from a roast chicken etc. My dog goes off his food fairly regularly. Picks out the chicken and leaves the biscuit. If they’re hungry, they’ll eat.

You can tell if there’s a problem. Coat goes dull, not so keen on walkies. If everything else is as per normal I wouldn’t worry too much.

Try taking the biscuit away altogether and replace with boiled rice for a few days.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 22:50:09 »

They're like humans mate,  they like to try on from time to time. Mine are just the same, either stick to your guns or change the kibble.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, December 4, 2021, 10:21:07 »

Had to have my little pup (an 11 year old Bichon/Shihtzu cross) put to sleep on Thursday evening, he had been ill a while, our 8 year old poodle is constantly looking for him as they have never been apart.

Still very raw and the wife is absolutely distraught, even though you know its coming you are never fully prepared for it, he was our little baby and was rarely away from my side when I was at home.

This was little bugger the day we brought him home aged just over 6 weeks.

Still really miss him even though he was a pain in the bum at times.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, December 4, 2021, 10:22:21 »

So to hear that JJ never easy

So, give no fucks
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, December 4, 2021, 10:24:43 »

Given that your puppy appears healthy, I'd start by weighing her so that you have a base against which to measure developments.

Given her apparent health, the suggested option of sticking to your guns seems worthy of consideration.  This could be behavioural.

Next, I'd make a 2 week plan based on some of the suggestions here.  I'm not aware that a wet food diet only should need to be a problem if you want to give way at some point.  Or perhaps go to kibble only but adding a little warm water to extract more flavour?  Would be inclined to cut right down on treats.

If your puppy is still under eating at the end of your plan (or if she shows any symptoms of declining health meanwhile), then I'd agree that a trip to the vet (and another weigh whilst there) would be prudent.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, December 4, 2021, 10:31:14 »

Had to have my little pup (an 11 year old Bichon/Shihtzu cross) put to sleep on Thursday evening, he had been ill a while, our 8 year old poodle is constantly looking for him as they have never been apart.

Still very raw and the wife is absolutely distraught, even though you know its coming you are never fully prepared for it, he was our little baby and was rarely away from my side when I was at home.

Losing a dog is raw.  They offer such a unique type of companionship.  Barely more than a hamster in the picture.  Decent tribute.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, December 4, 2021, 10:42:11 »

Really sorry to read that, PV.  I'll be useless when our pooch goes.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, December 4, 2021, 10:45:06 »

Hopefully Town will win for him today Smiley he used to hate it when I shouted when we scored a goal and always came over to see if I was OK Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: