Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Harrogate pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34597 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 10:34:29 »

So you reckon Garner is admitting we’re not good enough to beat teams - and, tbf, we’ve failed to beat some useless ones at home - until we tire them out or bore them senseless until the last 20 minutes?

If that really is his home game plan it’s sheer madness.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 10:42:20 »

tbf, we’ve failed to beat some useless ones at home

Its been like that since the 1940's, its the running gag between my old man and me (he started going c. 1945) that Swindon always lose to teams they should beat at home.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #407 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 10:51:28 »

Got a link please mate?

EDIT - never mind I found it:

https://twitter.com/Matt_r_Edwards/status/1465015392598953984
Still looks to me like he fell over his own feet TBH. Iandolos was far more clear cut.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 10:57:06 »

I think he steps on his left foot, not sure it was intentional in any way and a bit unlucky to concede.

Either way I'm not sure how much the ref could have seen that, gone with instinct I think. Then again, no idea how he didn't give the Iandolo.

This is the ref that recently had to play 4 minutes injury time at the start of the second half because he forgot at the end of the first.

https://theathletic.com/news/league-two-referee-forgets-to-play-injury-time-second-half-extended/tOK5pT8FmLQz/
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 11:06:36 »

Havent read back..

More frustration at the CG!

Very poor first half, you can pick out lots of reasons but i just seemed to notice that Harrogate wanted it more than us...that was a bit disappointing.
They were organised and physical and we couldnt cope.
I played football at a very low level but i learnt pretty quick that if a ref was going to allow the rough stuff and not keep blowing his whistle, then you rolled up your sleeves and fought fire with fire. Im not sure we have that in us.

First pen looked soft, although i have seen it back and it looks more convincing, the second and the subsequent yellow card was a fucking joke and ive seen that back too from a different angle. Very clever by the defender but the ref has to ask himself why a defender would run across the back of an on running forward, rather than attacking the ball!? He knew what he was doing, clipped him, raised his hands above his head and got away with it.

We could of won the game, which i think would of been harsh on Harrogate for pissing all over us for the first half. A draw was a fair overall result for me.

Im off to Walsall Saturday, lets get through and get a big draw away...PLEASE!!

Clems Army!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 11:12:00 »

This is the ref that recently had to play 4 minutes injury time at the start of the second half because he forgot at the end of the first.

https://theathletic.com/news/league-two-referee-forgets-to-play-injury-time-second-half-extended/tOK5pT8FmLQz/

Which I recall was also contrary to the rules of the game, think the guy needs more lessons in the rules.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 11:31:35 »

Evidently.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 12:36:05 »

So you reckon Garner is admitting we’re not good enough to beat teams - and, tbf, we’ve failed to beat some useless ones at home - until we tire them out or bore them senseless until the last 20 minutes?

If that really is his home game plan it’s sheer madness.

Well no, not that we're not good enough to beat them before the last twenty minutes, but that's where our strength lies at home. Why not play to your strengths?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 12:58:46 »

Well no, not that we're not good enough to beat them before the last twenty minutes, but that's where our strength lies at home. Why not play to your strengths?

Feels risky letting the oppo play for 70 minutes.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 13:02:15 »

I'm too young to remember it, but people talk about the Macari days where we were the fittest team in the league by miles: we must have killed teams in the last 20 minutes all the time then, right?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 13:09:44 »

Yeah. But we weren’t struggling and failing to beat some right old dross game after game at the CG.

Carlisle, Rochdale, Colchester, Bradford City etc

This isn’t about whether we’re good enough or not - it’s about not changing something that is obviously not working.
ibelieveinmrreeves

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 13:13:46 »

Feels risky letting the oppo play for 70 minutes.

Well again, that's something different. There's sitting back and letting them play, or controlling the possession, trying to work openings carefully without risking too much going forwards.

ibelieveinmrreeves

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 13:17:19 »

This isn’t about whether we’re good enough or not - it’s about not changing something that is obviously not working.

If this is your main gripe, get comfy banging that drum for the foreseeable. My inference would be that Garner sees it as we're perfecting something, rather than trying to do something we can't.

And fair play to him for having a vision, a big picture, a philosophy and sticking to it. I respect that he's got the courage of his convictions.

Hopefully it's short term pain for long term gain.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 13:22:04 »

Yeah. But we weren’t struggling and failing to beat some right old dross game after game at the CG.

Carlisle, Rochdale, Colchester, Bradford City etc

We drew with one our most immediate rivals on Saturday, to suggest that things are 'obviously not working' seems rather OTT.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Monday, November 29, 2021, 13:30:02 »

We drew with one our most immediate rivals on Saturday, to suggest that things are 'obviously not working' seems rather OTT.

You're only looking at one game  Bye
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: