Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Planning Question  (Read 5115 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Monday, November 22, 2021, 23:53:08 »

was it Horlock that's the expert?

please could you tell me what this is about. is it as it sounds - checking use as a sawmill is properly legal?

https://publicaccess.cotswold.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=R1ZNPZFIMKE00

and whether the outcome could pave the way somehow for a change in use?

mate (town fan) works there and that's what they think is happening but to the layman it's not clear the relationship between this application and a change of use
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 09:41:22 »

Yeah its an application for a Lawful Development certificate, basically they are asking the Council to confirm that the use of the site is lawful and thus cannot be enforced against, in this case it appears because the site has grown somewhat beyond its original PP and there seems to be no PP for the extension areas.

This tends to depend on the time elapsed since things happened, where there has been a breach of planning control involving a material change of use or breach of a condition no enforcement action may be taken after the end of a period of 10 years beginning with the date of the breach. For operational development, such as the erection of buildings, the time period for immunity from enforcement action is shorter, this being within 4 years from the breach of planning control.

As for why, frankly I have no idea there are loads of potential reasons, establishing the approved use could be the initial phase of wider scheme to change the use, equally it could merely be that they have been threatened with enforcement action and want clarification, equally they could be wanting to sell the site and want its use legally established - until this is cleared up and any subsequent applications are (or are not) submitted no idea!

This advice is provided on an informal basis and all that and where do I send the invoice?   Wink
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 09:47:11 by horlock07 » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 09:45:04 »

thanks. much appreciated

pm me the bill - my name's 4D and you've been a great audience
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 09:47:15 »

I'm Spartacus 4D 
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 13:56:58 »

This seems to be as good a place as anywhere to put this.

I know some of you take an interest in such matters.

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/2089561-ainscough-strategic-land-sells-365-acre-estate-in-largest-ever-deal
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: