Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Hartlepool pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 25625 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 09:48:05 »

We seem to be scoring a fair few late goals this season, which makes a nice change from the last couple when we seemed to look shattered after about 70 mins!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 09:59:25 »

All that walking about and passing sideways and backwards conserves energy for proper football late on.

Just don’t forget to bring your knitting/a good book for the first half.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 10:07:53 »

Final Final thing actually - and I suspect he might be like marmite but I love Andrew Hawes as a commentator. He manages to commentate on a team he clearly loves yet remains completely impartial. (a lot of Ifollow commentators are blatantly bias) I do like his chats with whoever the co-commentator is, I enjoyed his bit about the lettuce, I am sure this infuriated others!! Smiley

Yeah I love Andrew Hawes' commentary, I think he's great at what he does. The odd aside about lettuce or casserole just gives me vibes of listening to the cricket. Always sad when he's off for whatever reason, the man is the voice of Swindon for me.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 10:10:25 »

Looking at the future and not getting ahead of ourselves, how do we think the Garner approach would get on in L1 - albeit with a few changes in personnel.
It's an interesting question. My take would be that he and BC were able to pull together a strong squad for this division despite restrictions, and he could probably do the same again in L1. As for style of play, I think we've done fairly well against the better teams in this division, as well as sides from the division above in cups. All in all I think we'd be fine if we went up.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 10:14:08 »

Same love his commentary and enthusiasm whenever we score a goal etc. Going back in time he's probably just behind the commentator we had a few years ago who went onto better things with the BBC and now does the Premiership games.

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 10:23:56 »

It's an interesting question. My take would be that he and BC were able to pull together a strong squad for this division despite restrictions, and he could probably do the same again in L1. As for style of play, I think we've done fairly well against the better teams in this division, as well as sides from the division above in cups. All in all I think we'd be fine if we went up.

Yeah i think we have the nucleus of a side that would be comfortable in L1. Jojo, Conroy, AK, Gladwin, Payne, Reed and Williams in my eyes are good league 1 players.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #321 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 10:49:46 »

Might be wrong here, but was that Williams goal the first we’ve scored from a header this season
I think you are right mate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:00:38 »

Same love his commentary and enthusiasm whenever we score a goal etc. Going back in time he's probably just behind the commentator we had a few years ago who went onto better things with the BBC and now does the Premiership games.
Chris Wise? I think…
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:01:15 »

Well first half frustration, everything was a yard too long or too short.

Second half was very good.

I was taking a piss in the TE luxury bathroom when they scored but i guessed something had kicked off from the groans and then cheering above my head, i thought someone had been sent off!

Lovely bullet header which seemed to settle us a bit too much and Pools came at us in waves. They seemed to cut through us too easy and we lost a bit of shape. We tend to do this alot at the minute.

Im glad we kicked on.

Simpsons strike was Heskey power and Paynes daisy cutter was a beauty.

All good and set up for a big gate on Saturday with the feel good factor.

TE was a bit flat and not much singing or chanting. I dunno, maybe last season really knocked the stuffing out of us but the players deserve more than they are getting at the moment.

Onwards!

Question:

I know Pools hit the bar first half but was Simpsons near post effort saved or cannon off a post? Looked a save to me last night but the highlights make it look like a post smacker?

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #324 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:20:04 »

All good and set up for a big gate on Saturday with the feel good factor.
It will be the 1st time we have ever played the Sulpherites in any competition, ever.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:24:28 »

when i was driving back he did actually say he was joined by steve evans last night and then 5 minutes later thanked steve hale. overall though i do like him and enjoy the radio commentary if needed.

Question:

I know Pools hit the bar first half but was Simpsons near post effort saved or cannon off a post? Looked a save to me last night but the highlights make it look like a post smacker?

first thoughts during the match definitely post
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:26:32 »

Have the EFL put up the highlights?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #327 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:40:36 »

first thoughts during the match definitely post
Watched on iFollow it was definately a hand by the keeper.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:43:31 »

Have the EFL put up the highlights?

Swindon Town have

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 12:06:38 »

great save by their keeper that
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26   Go Up