Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Hartlepool pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 25619 times)
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 22:16:30 »

Game!! Beers

God I am always intrigued on your perspective as a relatively new fan - what did you think? I arrived at 1930 ish and didn’t get in until approx 2005! I thought Hartlepool were not a poor team by any means and it was a game of fine margins. Pleased we could finally click and overcome the home curse!
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 22:18:13 »

Didn't seem like a 3 1 to me but that's football. I was expecting 2 points from 2 games so well happy.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 22:19:57 »

Quote from: molepar
I arrived at 1930 ish and didn’t get in until approx 2005! !

bloody hell, that's shit. I assume the Arkells was the same as DRS - every season ticket rejected as "expired" so manually checked and let in.

got to sort this out
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 22:22:04 »

Started extremely pissed off, missing the first 10 minutes of the match due to turnstyle failures. why they didn't delay the game i won't know.

Then after watching the first half i realised that i hadn't actually missed anything and it wasn't as big an issue. Very flat (same with atmosphere- walking up the stairs i did wonder if the ref had gone for a 10 minute silence) - very few chances.

2nd half was a lot better and obviously the goals help. From watching the away games I was really comfortable going 1 nil up and thinking that's the game done then pool hit the crossbar and then scored all within around 5 mins.

some decent performances with the odd sloppy play where against a good team we could have been punished. a few loose passes at the back and a bit too relaxed-

williams completely ran the show and scored a brilliant goal.
didnt celebrate simpsons as was ready for the ref to say it was handball
brilliant third with a trade mark payne goal.

home form still worries me but it is a mentality thing more than anything. if this was an away game nil nil half time keeping it tight, open up a bit more 2nd half and win 3-1 it would be the perfect script. its the feeling that at home we should be doing a bit more. and we probably should.

loving the team spirit and you can see they work so hard for each other.

a good nights work
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 22:31:01 »

has anyone seen the replay for their disallowed goal? My instinct was he was well offside when the original shot was struck.

ref had to overrule the lino from what I saw.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 22:31:55 »

Did anyone hear how many from Hartlepool?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 22:32:16 »

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 22:32:44 »

has anyone seen the replay for their disallowed goal? My instinct was he was well offside when the original shot was struck.

Seen it. Defo offside.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 22:33:22 »

ta
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 22:33:31 »

I haven't but i saw a number of people in the rows in front watching on their phones and saying correct decision. I also though that mckirdy was unlucky not to get a penalty- low cross along the box and he was pulled backwards. went pretty much unseen from the crowd and more importantly the ref.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 22:39:59 »

Harry McKirdy seemingly on a mission to collect the most pointless and avoidable bookings this season. Frustrating.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 22:45:19 »

Williams the best player in this league by an absolute mile. Just a level above everyone.

Simpson was unreal today. 19 years old.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 22:48:30 »

Att: 7,714 away 75  Smiley

Still 2000 more than piss stains v Fleetwood😀

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 22:52:50 »

Liked the Payne, Williams, Reed, McKirdy and General celebration after the whistle.

Interesting to see how far this team can go. Think there are a few subtle personnel changes that would strengthen the team considerably.

I'm not trying to get ahead of myself, as I think we are doing far better that I thought we would. We are getting better every week. But part of me is worried about how far this might go and what happened last time we got promoted. I wonder if we need a couple more of our own players before we can mount an effective challenge?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 22:54:49 »

Williams the best player in this league by an absolute mile. Just a level above everyone.

Simpson was unreal today. 19 years old.
Funny you say that about Simpson, up to a few minutes before he scored I thought it was as bad as I have seen him in terms of movement and touch etc! Superb after that and will be very interesting to see how he develops in the years ahead given he’s so young. An absolute handful physically.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: